“Very good location and friendly service”

Sultans Royal Hotel
Ranked #60 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
“Very good location and friendly service”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is close to all important seeing spot and to very nice restaurants. We like the breakfast very much, still miss the fresh vegetables esp when you don't have enough vegetables because of eating out in restaurants all days. Service is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I stayed in this hotel during March 2014. Unfortunately the weather wasn't good for several days. But the receptionists and the friendly staff helped me with all of my requests and gave me many good ideas with sightseeing places and interesting things that I could do, even when the weather weren't nice. The hotel is located in a very safe and calm area. The main attractions are very easy to reach within short time. I can really recommend this hotel and want to thank Erdal and the other friendly staff for the wonderful stay in Istanbul! Best regards from Switzerland

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in February, location is excelent, next to major attractions. The Room was very clean and comfortable.
Staff is great!, One night I had an allergic reaction (lucky me!) from an arab cake I ate somewhere else in Istanbul, and the guy at the reception desk did their best to help me. The Doctor that came to my room (health insurance) did not speak english... so the guy at the reception proactively joined them and translated everything from turkish to english. And he even helped on coordinating the ambulance that took me to a hospital (quite an experience!). Fortunately after a couple of injections I was back in the hotel and by the next morning kept on enjoying the vacations.
The staff was always worried and asking how I was feeling and if I needed anything. I've travelled a lot around the world and it's the first time I've found such helpful staff. They even adviced me not to take the transfer back to the airport but a taxi that is cheaper (we were 2 persons with few luggage) so they arranged everything.

Excellent choice in Istanbul!

1 Thank PabloCristi
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The staff makes you really feel home. Great location. Blue Mosque nearby. Rooms are clean and big enough. Breakfast could have been more divers, but it was okay. Good choice for this price range. Thank you Erdal, Ercin, Omar and our big Fenerbahce fan!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days in February. What a great stuff: they were very helpful, pleasant to chat with and full of suggestions. Each evening we were greated with a cup of tea! We loved it! Rooms were very clean and light.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in February. We had a great time and I can recommend this place as an excellent choice for a holiday in Istanbul. The location is very convenient - a few steps from some major attractions. The room was clean and comfortable, with a lovely terrace. Breakfast was also very good and the staff were extremely helpful (they helped us with arranging a cruise etc.). When I asked my 6-year old daughter what she liked best about our trip to Istanbul, without any hesitation she answered 'the hotel!!'.

Room Tip: We had a triple room with a terrace and it was excellent.
Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
LAX
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed here for 3nts and booked a terrace room which I highly recommend as I had a large terrace with a wonderful view, especially at sunset, including a peek of the Blue Mosque. The room is very nice, bed was good, quiet, but the wifi needs work. I constantly had to re log in and sometimes it took quite a few attempts. The bathroom is modern and bathrobes/slippers are included which is always nice. Breakfast is in a nice basement room but could be better for the price. I would stay here again however for the terrace and views. People working at the front desk were helpful and friendly too and the location is great…walking distance to everything yet quiet.

Room Tip: definitely get a terrace room facing the Blue Mosque if you can
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo