WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #51 of 1,106 Hotels in Istanbul
Peoria, Arizona
“Execellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is a very nice boutique hotel in the heart of the Istanbul area. It is conveniently located within walking distance of most of the must see sites. The hotel is close to good cafes. The rooms are comfortable, well appointed and spacious for Europe. The staff are friendly, extremely helpful and make your stay that little bit special. Would gladly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the family suit which was 2 adjoining rooms. We enjoyed the room very much.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Pmaggard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

When we travel overseas, we never make reservations, we just wing it and go to the location we know where we want to be and then go hotel to hotel until we find just the right one for just the right price. We stayed here the week of Thanksgiving. This hotel was in a perfect location near the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Palace and Bazar. The staff were very friendly, they helped us arrange a trip to Ephesus. The breakfast every morning was fantastic. As with any hotels in Europe, the rooms are small, the beds were small. We viewed many other hotels in the area and for the price, this was by far the best!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KMR9900
great falls, virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our family spent six nights at this hotel and we were extremely pleased by every facet of the hotel. It is very well situated - within a few blocks walk of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. It is in a very quaint area, shops and restaurants nearby, but very quiet at night. The front desk is extremely helpful - they book tours and make dinner reservations and provide advice and recommendations as to what to do and where to eat. The rooms are very nice and well decorated. The hotel itself is relatively small (16 rooms; 3 levels) and it has a very warm and friendly and charming atmosphere. Overall, our family would highly recommend this hotel. I cannot think of anything remotely negative to say about it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank patricek693
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in February and were pleased with our choice of hotel . The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a good hotel close to the attractions.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are very small.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cskrocks
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excellent hotel!
We visited it in low season and the price was more than reasonable.
The service is really nice. They do care. Of everything you need.
Rooms are also great: beautiful, cozy and clean.
I’ve loved cooked vegetables for breakfast.
I definitely recommend this hotel and will come back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 123_Olena_123
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Came upon this hotel on tripadvisor and chose based of recommendations. Definitely TWO thumbs up!
(This was the 2nd hotel chosen for the remainder 5 night during my last visit to Istanbul)

The location is pretty hard to find if you're not familiar with the place and if walking from SultanAhmet tram station. Not to mention top of a hill. Best route i found is walk through Arasta Bazaar to the end (closed at night though), then down the hill, 3rd turn left - at a corner lot grocery store. (cant miss it as you can see 3 seafood restaurants through the left lane)

So after searching for a good 20 minutes (had a good walk though it's a nice cozy location) when i finally found the hotel. Arsen (one of the receptionist) was already in front and already greeted me with my name as if knowing me for years. I know they know i was coming but that sort of confidence is just top draw. Upon arriving, i was immediately offered refreshments knowing a had a good sweat climbing the hill. (I had way too much tea in the hotel in the end).

It's a nice small hotel (16 rooms i think) with good setting and a very friendly vibe. The staff made sure they know alot in regards to their guest so that they can cater to every need at a moments request. I made friends with both Arsen and Erdal and the rest of the crew and i had a blast. They in turn introduced to their other friends around the neighborhood which made eating, shopping and sightseeing so much easier.

Otherwise the room is clean, nice, cozy and suprisingly medium to large. Spacious bathroom but no bath (or at least not in my room) but with comfortable seating shower. Interestingly the bathroom's floor was heated which made it comfortable (as Istanbul was still cold). The TV had a lot of channels and be sure to alert reception if you have any TV requirements so that they can set it in advanced for you (though visiting Istanbul, there should be little time for TV anyway!). WiFi is included and fast! They have a fridge in room and although the mini bar rates are fairly reasonable, there are grocery stores just a minute away for any snacks and drinks that you need. Breakfast is included with a decent spread and turkish style available. However there was not much variety in between (stayed 5 nights) but at least the food was tasteful, fresh and appetizing.

It is obvious the staff is highly experienced and they will go the distance to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Highest of recommendations!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Matgerad
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had gone to Istanbul as a last minute trip as a solo female traveler. I didn't have a clue where to stay and what to do here but I knew I wanted to go. I saw amazing reviews for this hotel right here on trip advisor and I knew it felt right. The last place I wanted to stay was a grand 5 star hotel where it doesn't feel like home...and besides, I was going to be out all day venturing, right? That's why I chose the Sultan Royal. I was picked up at the airport where someone was holding up a sign with my name on it. When I entered the hotel, I was greeted with such sincerity by Ersin where he got a feel for my stay there and helped me to my room. I got the top floor terrace/ suite room 302 (sea view) all to myself! What a treat it was. This wonderful treatment continued all throughout my 4 night stay. Ersin, Erdal, Ismail, Erfan, and few others treated me like their favorite sister and I had such a safe and beautiful stay there. They helped me with my itinerary and guided me in the right direction everyday. Erdal and Ismail helped me order late night dinners from neighboring restaurants at 10pm (twice!) and had it delivered to my room. They went above and beyond and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great small hotel that feels like home, but better. There is a convient store around the corner to buy beverages and snacks. The roads are easy to navigate around the hotel once I got the hang of it. And yes, I walked to all the attractions, even to the Galata Tower across the bridge. Pretty proud of myself for being a big girl and finding this amazing gem of a hotel and all of it's grandeur. Bottom line is friendly (now friends to be exact), clean, safe, and quiet. What more are you looking for?

Room Tip: If it's in your budget, choose room 302. It's so private and quiet (top floor) and there is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo