“Great Location”

Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi
Ranked #905 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Very clean warm hotel, staff friendly, professional and efficient. I was visiting my boyfriend and although the first night we had to stay in another hotel around the corner, the next morning we were able to check into Gedik Pasa Konagi. The room was beautiful, however we were on top of the restuarant/breakfast room and were woken up quite early by staff getting the restuarant ready and other guests taking breakfast - only downside. The bed was really comfortable, bathroom clean, although the towels were on the rough side. I guess that if we had asked to be moved to another room this would not have been a problem, but we did just use the room as a base and spent most days seeing the sites which are very conveniently near. We did have breakfast on our last day which although only buffet (which I knew when I booked) it was very good and lots of choice. I would stay again but I would let the hotel know that I would like a room not over the restuarant.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep in late ask for a room away from restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krescia7
ozgur79, Owner at Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review and we are truly delighted that you had a great stay! We really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us.

Thank you once again for staying with us and we really look forward to welcoming you and your friend in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed September 15, 2012

PROS: Bedroom ok, bathroom very nice. Close to Metro & most sites. Breakfast fair.
CONS: We booked via Lastminute.com. The facilities listed are often misleading or not true. The hotel lists but does NOT have a lobby bar, the restaurant only offered buffet breakfast -despite the hotels own website stating that this is the 'new tasty spot in Kumkapi', the rooms are not all double glazed, sited on a VERY steep hill, in a delapidated area, minibar only has soft drinks, steep spiral staircase, the safe is not bolted to the wall/floor. The windows in our room did not close properly, the laminate flooring was damaged so badly we insisted on a rug, which took 4 days to appear. We had to almost argue to get a kettle & tea bags (no coffee) which was listed as a facility. The AC & hairdryer both worked but were VERY noisy - ? close to failure. NOT 4*.

Room Tip: I would not stay here again. The hotel site is good, but you need to walk up the STEEP hill to do an...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wig_Traveller
ozgur79, Owner at Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Dear Wiggo_Traveller,
We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and thank you for choosing the Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi. We apologize that your stay was not up to your expectation and we take our customer's comments very seriously.
But after your check in, you came to lobby and told that you want to talk with me.You showed Hotel facilities list and we checked together by one by one.I told you our hotel is very old building ( around 200 years old ) and we have historical certificate. As I told you we removed our lobby bar and and we are waiting the permission for it.I told you we are near the Kumkapi Fish Restaurants and there are lots of restaurants and bars and all of them safe.
Then we went to room to checked the room facilities.
You found only the laminate flooring was damaged and only 1 cm.
And also there are guest directory in all our rooms and if you need anything you can call room service or reception 24 hours.
For minibar , as you know alcohol drinks are expensive we do not put them but we accept that the guest can bring outside.I told you.
We would really like the opportunity to have you come and stay with us again soon and hope you will give us a chance again.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

On Sep 6th, 2012, I had a confirmed reservation of one room and arriving at the hotel around 5.45pm, I was told the hotel was full and no room was available.

I was offered an alternative hotel, however I had not idea about quality and location.

Definetly I don't recommend this hotel, as we can't trust in the reservation written by the hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Rui L

Dear Rui,
We deeply apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced at Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi.
But we already informed your travel agency that we are overbooked ( nobody wants to be overbooked ) and the other hotel is on same street just 25 mt away.
Sorry I was not at hotel but I tried to explain situation by phone to you and I told you I am coming to hotel, please just wait 15 minutes.
You did not wait me and went.
I hope you give us another opportunity to show you, as the majority of our guests have incredible experiences when they stay with us.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Warm reception upon our arrival by Sebastian! He was so helpful from the very first day we arrived. The hotel has an excellent location, walking distance to the Grand Baazar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and many restaurants. If there is one place that I have enjoyed staying at, it sure was this one! Our room was impeccable, clean, cozy and just what we had seen in photos. Sebastian booked our bus tickets to Fethiye and worked so so hard on it, as everything was almost fully booked (he found the last two seats!) provided outstanding service, he even bought the tickets for us. The breakfast as well was wide in variety and abundant, loved it all!!! It was truly remarkable stay, in such an amazing city!

1  Thank Lina G

Dear Lina,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi and Thank you so much for sharing your feedback.

Istanbul really is a great, unique and wonderful big city that coalesce two continents; we certainly love the diversity of the people and visiting guests from all over the world.

Thank you again for your kind words about us (especially Sebastian ) and recommending us, we look very much forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our initial views of the hotel were somewhat marred by the fact that there was a mix-up with our pick-up at the airport and we had the journey from hell from the airport to the hotel. Also, the steep 3 flights of stairs to our room - on the top floor - was something of a toil for my 5 month pregnant daughter - but the other rooms were so very small! Room was very clean, bright and welcoming however. The 'terrace' should be ashamed of itself - it is literally a very grey, concrete balcony - such a great shame as this could have been made into a lovely feature. The pictures on the website show the breakfast area to be very large (as it does all its rooms) but this is not the case. Breakfast was very disappointing - even me requesting a slice of lemon to go with my hot water was denied! We didn't bother going downstairs for the meagre breakfast again as the choice was very bland. Also - do note that the hotel sits in the middle of a pretty steep hill although in terms of its location it's perfect for the grand bazaar, blue mosque etc. The hotel grew on us after our initial disappointments and although it turned out to be pleasant it is definitely not 4*.

Room Tip: The largest room seems to be the one at the very top - but be prepared for LOTS of stairs!
1  Thank SalsaCat636
ozgur79, Owner at Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review on T.A.
We are boutique hotel in old-twon and near the Grand Bazaar.
As I told you our driver guide was in airport and he was waiting you.Our reception told you to go to meetin point1.But I do not know how you could not find him each other.When you checked in our reception wanted to upgrate your reservation and she gave suite room.I asked you about the stairs and you accepted to have room on top.
Now we do not use our terrace as a restaurant.Most of our guest go up to our terrace and they are taking the pictures.
In Sultanahmet area (old-town) only 5 - 6 hotels has 4 star certificated.Most of the hotel buildings are historical and very old.Our building was an Armenian / Ottoman mansion house and was used as stopover place in Ottoman time by many commercial men from Anatolia.
Our rooms are equipped and decorated as 4 star standards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly (info@gedikpasakonagi.com ) for further suggestions.
Will be very happy to host you again in our hotel when you come back.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

A lovely hotel with excellent and very friendly service. The rooms were neat, tidy and clean. A good location, as many major attractions are walking distance from the hotel. However the hotel is off the main road and you do need to walk up part of the hill to reach the main road.

1  Thank Jass K
ozgur79, Owner at Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hotel Gedik Pasa Konagi and we are so happy to hear that you received great service and liked our location.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Warm wishes,

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Located in what seems to be one of the next up and coming areas of the city...
This hidden gem in Istanbul is a great find for travelers around the world!
The rooms are very well kept, spacious and clean.
From the moment you arrive, the staff makes you feel right at home.
The location is about an 8 minutes walk to Hagia Sofia, the Bazaar, Blue Mosque and many restaurants... which makes it excellent for sight seeing.
Breakfast (for me a key ingredient) is excellent and more than plenty! - A

Room Tip: Ask for the last floor suite.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Gedik Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. It is great that our hotel and team were kind to you & that you liked the location.
It makes us so happy that your recent stay was comfortable and relaxing.