Neorion Hotel
$103
$209
$387
  • Pool
Eresin Hotels Topkapi(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$233
$66
$183
$125
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$51
$619
$448
$178
$155
3,083 results
All reviewsafternoon mezerooftop terraceturkish delightneorion staffold cityfree afternoonblue mosqueturkish bathgrand bazaarwithin walking distancespice marketturkeygalata bridgefamily roomthe hotel offershagia sophiaexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stop looking, start booking! There is a reason why Neorion is # 1 rated at TA. I just returned from my first trip in Istanbul and spent 5 nights at Neorion. I did the right thing. I wanted to stay in Old Town around the Sultanahmet area where most of the attractions are. Neorion is located in the Sirkeci district which is about 12 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia. You can also take the tram from Sirkeci to Sultanhamet (2 stops) for only $1.50 USD (each way). The Grand Bazaar is 2 stops away from Sultanhamet.The tram stations are closer together unlike the subways in NY or London. The ferry terminal is only about 10 minutes walk from the lobby toward the water (Golden Horn). Then you can take the ferry from Eminonu terminal to explore the Asian side or walk across the Galata River to the European Side (Galata Tower and Beyoglu District should be on your list of places to visit). Gulhane Park which is only about 8 minutes walk from the Neorion is a beautiful park to unwind and stroll arounf. Entering the lobby of Neorion is like arriving in a peaceful oasis, leaving the busy and hectic Old Town outside the door. The lobby area feels very welcoming with a spacious living room attached to it. From the moment I arrived at the hotel until the morning I left, It was absolutely flawless. They really raise the standard of Turkish Hospitality in this charming boutique hotel. Everyone in the building was trying to please me left to right, from the concierge (Sule) to the staff by the front desk (the most accommodating I've ever experienced from years of traveling) and even the staff at breakfast and during afternoon tea gave me some insider tips of where to eat and what to do (other then the touristy traps). Actually, I was in communication via email with them prior to my arrival (with Loretta) which was very helpful during the process of confirming and tweaking my itinerary. At sunset, go up to their beautiful rooftop terrace on the 7th floor and check out the view. You can also order room service from up there and enjoy a light snack while observing the surrounding old town and the Golden Horn in the distance. My room was very clean with good quality linens. It was also very spacious even for a single occupancy. I slept very well on their bed which was very unusual when I travel. Bathroom was also stocked with good quality towels, strong water pressure and the usual toiletries. When you get hungry, there are so many Al fresco dining around the hotel. You can go up the hill and check out several options mostly catering for international visitors, or you can explore a local culinary isle just across from the lobby. I have done both. The swimming pool, hot tub and saunas in the basement are also relaxing treats after a whole day of exploring Istanbul. I also was able to book 2 Swedish massages during my stay. The last night, to my surprise, I went back to my room only to discover a nice gift of a Turkish scarf with a note from the management thanking me to stay with them. I was pleasantly surprised. I also booked the airport transport for 50 Euro round trip and I was glad to have arranged that in advance. The staff even came out from the lobby to wish me a pleasant trip back home and waved at me. It was such a memorable trip and Neorion was a big part of it. I have and will recommend this place to everyone visiting Istanbul.

Room Tip: You can take the tram or Taxi from Ataturk Int'l but book their airport transfers, it'll just be easier.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Arch-Designer
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for taking time to share your precious comments.

I am so glad to hear that we were able to contribute your stay and that you have enjoyed our hotel as well as Istanbul!

All staff send you the warmest regards and we hope to have the chance of having you again!

Best Wishes From Neorion Family

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Here are a few reasons why this is the best place to stay in Istanbul.
-Great location and literally within walking distance to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia.
-Friendly staff that are extremely guest orientated. When we got to our room we were greeted with a customized letter from our guest relations manager welcoming us and making a personal commitment to do everything in her power to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.
-They offer a great introductory sit down chat explaining the best way to navigate the old city, what to see, how much it would cost, where to eat and shop and many other useful tips.
-We were given a tram card free of charge and the guest relations manager took the time to sit with us and sketch important routes and facts on our map (Loreta your information was so helpful!).
-They serve the most amazing Turkish delight in your room every day
-They aim to please. Upon realizing that our room was not facing the Blue Mosque, Fati immediately sourced a few rooms that we could choose from.
-The rooms are classic in their design, comfortable and clean providing a quiet sanctuary just down the road from an extremely busy part of the old city.
-If you stay for more than three nights, you get a free transfer to or from the airport.
-They have a great attention to detail and are extremely thoughtful, on our last night we found a gift in our room thanking us for choosing the Neorion.
-My husband and I were genuinely sad when we left the Neorion and had chosen to stay on the new side of Istanbul for our last few days. We wished we had booked our full stay at the Neorion. We thank the staff at this incredible hotel especially Fatih and Loreta for always going the extra mile to make us feel like guests of honour and family at the same time.

Amina & Zuhair

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank my_review24
Neorion H, Guest Relations Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your time to share your experience

We are very glad to be able to provide you a memorable stay.

We would always be happy to welcome you at your second home here in Istanbul.

Best wishes from Neorion family.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

From the moment you step into this hotel you are welcomed as an honoured guest. The staff cannot do enough to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Rooms are super clean, bed linen is crisp and little touches such as ear plugs to save you from the cacophony of the call to prayer at 5 a.m. are really useful. The mezze available from midday onwards are great, especially after a hard day of sightseeing, these little snacks with a beer on the roof terrace are a great way to revive. One small criticism is that the roof terrace tables need to be cleared of glasses and empty plates more regularly. Otherwise this is the perfect location and you can walk to all the major sights.

Room Tip: As high as possible as street is noisy. But, ear plugs are provided and if used you won't hear a thing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking time to share your nice comments.

We are very happy to know that you had a nice stay.

It was very nice to meet you and all staff send you warmest regards.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at the Neorion for three nights. We stayed at the connected family room and were very happy with rooms, they were clean, modern and our children loved the Turkish delights provided everyday. The staff were wonderful, very friendly, professional and helpful. A couple of nights we had to eat in because we didn't have time to have dinner, we were referred to the hotel's sister restaurant, when I questioned how to get there, the manager on duty actually walked with me to show me where it was (it was a less than 5 minute walk). The meals were delivered to our room, the portion was generous, beautifully laid out/presented and delicious, they also accommodated our son's food allergies with no problems. The spa was great, the therapist was excellent, both of us had the sultan massage and it felt like heaven after a long day of walking. The breakfast was very good, lots of choices of cold and hot foods. The afternoon meze was also good to have. We would love to stay here again and would highly recommend it to our family and friends who might be visiting Istanbul.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PYPF

Thank you very much for taking time to share your nice comments.

We are very happy to know that you had a great stay.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at the Neorion for 5 nights on my trip from Sydney to Uk. I arrived at 2 in the morning and received a warm welcome . All the staff were wonderful, from the guys at reception, to the staff serving breakfast! So hospitable and welcoming and knowledgeable about Istanbul.
The breakfast is amazing and I loved the strawberries, fresh juice and wonderful coffee.
In fact the hotel is better than the reviews....I don't think any one could be disappointed.
I also enjoyed the sauna and spa and the fantastic views from the roof garden with the complementary wine.
I was travelling alone but found the location great ..a short walk to the Blue Mosque,Grand Bazaar, Spice markets and also easy to take the trams. Did a day tour and this was also wonderful....other travellers I met that had been in Turkey for 1 month said this was one of their best day trips.
Thank you to all the staff and can't wait to return.

Free airport pick up and 10% discount for cash are also great for all holiday budgets! Now saving for my next trip and enjoying the dates I bought at the spice market with lots and lots of happy memories!
Wish I was at the Neorion
Victoria

Room Tip: Stayed in a single room and that was great! Double glazing means it is very quiet and the linen changed every other day....I was like a queen!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you very much for taking time to share your nice comments.

I am very happy to know that you had a great stay.

It was very nice to meet you and all staff send you warmest regards.