Neorion Hotel
$170
$157
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$112
  • Breakfast included
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$58
Travelocity
3,083 results
All reviewsafternoon mezerooftop terraceturkish delightneorion staffold cityfree afternoonblue mosqueturkish bathgrand bazaarwithin walking distancespice marketturkeygalata bridgefamily roomthe hotel offershagia sophiaexcellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My friend and I traveled to Istanbul for the first time and knew we wanted to stay in a neighborhood that would allow us to walk to key sights etc. Not only did we get that during our stay at Neorion, but we received so much more.

The staff at this hotel is fantastic. They took the time to sit with us upon arrival, explaining everything about the hotel, the city and answering any questions we had while providing us a welcome drink and never making us feel rushed. This excellent service carried on through our entire stay right until the very moment they waved goodbye as our taxi pulled out upon leaving.

The hotel itself is great. Very clean (we couldn't get over just how nice the hallways smelled at all times!) and our room was very charming with lovely decor and comfortable beds.

I would highly recommend Neorion to anyone visiting this unique city.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank LaLadyLT
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is not the kind of hotel which usually appeals to me as the rooms could be anywhere in the world and there is little charm, as well it is in the heart of the tourist area. That said, the staff was helpful in every instance made important contributions to our stay and public transportation and location were great for exploring other parts of the city. The Turkish massage I had on my arrival was welcome as I was tense and tired and my partner enjoyed the pool, swimming laps two of the mornings we were there.
The roof top is lovely and the breakfast plentiful and interesting.

1  Thank ThrutheSky

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a week and our assessment of it has been 10. Amira quality is excellent in every way: friendly and personalized, new and modern facilities, very clean and complete (mini bar, air conditioning, bathroom amenities, flat screen TV, wifi ...), location very central, exquisite and varied breakfast, terrace with amazing views, a spa area very quiet and well kept, computers with internet ... We are unable to remove anything negative about our stay at this hotel. The hospitality and personal attention stand out above all, they want you to feel at home and they get (to improve it!). Address and resolve any questions you have (how to get around the city, what are the biggest attractions to visit, etc..), Are concerned about your welfare, make you feel unique ... I am glad that this hotel bet, not only for the quality material, but for the human quality. If I went back to Istanbul in the future, do not hesitate to stay again in Amira and I encourage that you also should do if you have plans to travel there. Worth and you will not regret. It is a safe choice. As you can see, we are very happy and satisfied. A greeting. Sara

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nick s

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have written over 160 reviews on Trip Advisor and take providing feedback seriously. I hope you find my review helpful.

I found this place on Trip Advisor and it did not disappoint. We booked the Superior room 5-6 months in advance. It is larger than the regular rooms and has a small but nice size balcony.

We were picked up at the airport by the hotel's car service. It took about 25-30 minutes to the old city and to our hotel. We were warmly greeted and seated in their "living room" and offered a beverage of our choice. I wish I had written down everyone's names...

The woman who met us in the living room gave us some tips about the old city and a walking map. She also suggested some things we could do or see in our time in Istanbul.

The 2 elevators are tiny...so don't be shocked. Small but effective and fast.

We were brought up to our room and we liked it. The bathroom was very small but sufficient for our needs. No bath, just shower...but the water pressure was amazingly strong. The beds were very comfortable and we had a great night's sleep until the morning call to prayer around 6 a.m.. After that we used a "sleep Machine" Ap on our iPhone and slept much better through the loud call to prayer the next morning.

Breakfast: Oh my God! So many choices. I'll attach some pics. We found the breakfast simply amazing. If you're American and not a tea drinker, you still have to try some of their tea in the morning. The concentrated tea sits in a pot atop the samovar and you fill it about 1/4 of the way....then add hot water. I noticed many Americans just using tea bags, probably not used to the whole samovar scenario.

In the afternoon, they serve meze, or light snacks. Lots of choices to fill your afternoon hunger.

We like to drink ice with everything and I called down for ice at least 5 times while there, and they had someone at our door in usually less than a few minutes.

In the basement you'll find a small pool, a dry sauna and a sauna that you can throw water on the rocks to make it more of a steam room. The offer messages...but we decided to go to a traditional Hamam for that.

When I made my reservation, I let them know my wife and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. To our surprise, the manager sent us some sparkling wine and a nice bowl of fruit.

I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. The hotel is small, but it's clean, it's got great service, great food, great amenities. You can't beat this hotel.

My only advice is to get yourself oriented to where you are in relation to the tram line. Once you get lost in the grand bazar or spice shops, you may get turned around so many times you will wonder which direction you need to go.

People in Istanbul are very friendly and outgoing. No problem walking at night at all.

Room Tip: The call to prayer at around 6 a.m. is very loud. You cannot escape it. Think about some white noise or download the sleep machine ap.
4  Thank stevetanyaTexas

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed October 28, 2013

As stated in previous reviews, this boutique hotel is in an excellent location within walking distance to all the sights and on the tram line for travel into the new city. The staff makes your stay effortless with a pick-up at the airport, meeting with you when you arrive providing all the information you need to plan your visit, helping to secure tickets to the sights and local performances. We had a lovely room on the 6th floor with a balcony and enjoyed the sunset with drinks on the rooftop terrace. Our room was on the tram side which was not a problem for us; however, if you are sensitive to street noise just ask for a room on the opposite side and they will kindly oblige. I would definitely return to this hotel on our next visit to Istanbul.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to street noise ask for a room away from the tram line.
2  Thank heretodaybut

My dearest guest;

If you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,