“Staff attitude guarantees many happy returns”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #4 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
“Staff attitude guarantees many happy returns”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Returning to the Neorion after a morning's exploration of the Old City to find the staff celebrating a colleague's birthday in the foyer with a cake and rousing chorus of 'Happy Birthday' spoke volumes as to why this hotel is consistently Istanbul's number one on TripAdvisor. Having a happy, cohesive team gives any organisation a head start when it comes to delivering great customer service - and this is what we received throughout our five-night stay, right down to accommodating our request for a late check-out to suit our early evening departing flight. Special mention should be made of the housekeeping staff, who kept our room absolutely spotless throughout our stay. For us non-night owls, who found ourselves making lunch the main meal of the day, the offerings from the Neorion's meze table (available until 7pm) provided a tasty and filling enough supper each evening. Unless there is any radical change in the Neorion's approach to looking after its guests (and its staff), it will definitely be our accommodation choice again on any future visit to Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is a nice small boutique hotel. Staff are outstanding, customer service is impeccable, and super helpful. I would recommend this hotel everytime, and stay here the next time i visit istanbul.
Hotel is situated in a great location, walking distance to all the great sites.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank F N
Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We just returned from two nights at Neorion Hotel. The hotel is wonderful. The staff is incredible nice and make you feel at home. The hotel is spotless and in a great location. We walked everywhere. The hotel has a tasty and varied breakfast to please anyone. I recommend this hotel to everywhere. We had a wonderful stay and will return on next trip.

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Naples, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We loved this hotel. No it was not fancy - go to the Four Seasons or Kempenski for that- but the staff was great,service was excellent, rooms were adequate, and comfortable, and the location could not have been better. Near the tram lines, walked to the Bazaar and Spice market , and ferries. Rooftop offers views of the Bosphorous and all the ferries and cruise ships. Lots of restaurants nearby. Have a glass of wine on the roof and look at all the action on the Bosphorous.

vermont
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night before our cruise. It was a mistake, should have stayed 3 or more. This hotel is better than the reviews and I can see why it is the number one on Trip Advisor. The staff couldn't be nicer, the hospitality and drinks were great. The view from the roof was incredible, I even went up there at 6:30 am to see the sun rise and the cruise ships coming in to port. The trolley was right on the corner as was restaurants and stores. It was a short walk to the Palace through the park. The Grand bazaar was 10 minutes away also. Take advantage of the cash discount and let them make the transfer arrangements from the airport. Go there, you wont be sorry!

Room Tip: ask for a room on top floor for a good view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Owner of the Hotel
Redhill
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed 4-7th October, as part of a large group of 9 females (not for the feint hearted!) On arrival there were several problems with our room allocations....but the staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating. I would not hesitate to return to Hotel Neorion and thoroughly recommend it to anyone of any category: couples, families etc etc. Due to the initial mix-up on arrival, between us we viewed 4-5 different rooms types and they were all superbly appointed, spotless clean and frankly I don't think you could beat it - excellent value. Included was a really lovely breakfast...with everything you could wish for and very good service. There is also a free mezze, from 1pm until quite late in the afternoon, which is also quite extensive and very fresh - really handy if you need to pop back in between sight seeing and just need something light to eat. Complimentary water in the rooms, delicious turkish delight and great selection of toiletries.
The hotel is perfectly located - walking distance to most of the top 10 attractions and situated in a vibrant and safe part of town. Within easy access to the tram which is the most economical and best way to travel (buy a travel card and top-up as needed). Don't forget to make time to catch a ferry on the Bosphorous - walk under the Galata Bridge, where the locals gather and eat freshly seared fish, cooked in front of you from the open grill on boats. Yum!
The staff at Hotel Neorion are all really helpful and knowledgeable - nothing is too much trouble and I am not surprised that it has consistent and excellent reviews - they really deserve it.
NB: There is also a great terrace - unfortunately we had bad weather so didn't benefit from using this but I can imagine how lovely it would be if the climate had been kinder - lots of comfortable seating, some loungers - would have loved to see the sun set.....next time.

Room Tip: Nice to get a room with a balcony but as mentioned, all the rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was by chance that I booked this hotel BEFORE reading the reviews. How wonderful it turned out to be !

We arrived early morning in Istanbul and the airport transfer was a breeze. When we arrived at the hotel, we were given the room straightaway and full breakfast. They didn't even ask for my credit card details. The hotel was not big but very cosy and the staff who attended to us, Hakan, was very polite and friendly. When we went into the hotel, it was very clean, pleasnt and a small balcony facing the tram way. There was even a personal letter to welcome us by the owner, Faruk.

Breakfast was great with a full variety of jams, bread, honey comb, cheese and all. It wasn't on the terrace as the weather was cold. However, we could go up to the terrace anytime especially suring sunset. It views the Bosphorus and Suleymani Mosque and Spice Bazzar area.

The hotel is in between Sirkeci tram and Gulhane. However, you can still talk a 10 mins walk to Topkapi and Sultanahmet area. I personally like this area as it is slightly away from the busy streets of Sultanahmet.

As our flight were late in the evening, the hotel allowed us to stay in our rooms even after official check out time without extra charge. This is what I call excellent service. We would like to thank all the staffs in the hotel, Sirin, Ceyda, those who served us during breakfast, the excellent housekeeping team (who always topped up our turkish delights in the room), and the rest whom I didn't get their names.

A strong recommendation to all.

Room Tip: I assume rooms with balcony are bigger. I stayed on the 4th floor and it was facing the tramline. It...
1 Thank Madolia