“Just a great hotel”

Ranked #6 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Virginia
“Just a great hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

When you arrive at the Neorion Hotel you are escorted to an area just away from the front desk, offered something to drink and have everything explained about the hotel. Just a great welcome to an outstanding stay. Nice rooms with. A free dish of Turkish delight centered in the old par of. Istanbul, a short walk to almost everything. They suggested a tour guide that was just wonderful

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to avoid any street noise.
1 Thank careyhc
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013

Owner of the hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton,Uk
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am lost for words to describe how helpful and hospitable are the staff at this Hotel.Situated well within walking distance from all the major tourist attractions in the old city, this is one of the few hotels which boasts of a pool and a turkish hamam. The stay was very comfortable, food was excellent with free Mezze till 7 pm so often we skipped lunch. They offer a free glass of wine at the rooftop every evening which has breathtaking views of Hajia Sofia. All our queries were answered promptly, right recommendations which we did not regret and excellent customer service given during our stay. I hope it keeps up the standard and maintains the numero Uno position on tripadvisor. Special mention to Shireen who looked after us so well.

Room Tip: if you want to be in your room all the time then take one on the iner side which is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Collaroy Beach, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'm 15 and my family and I stayed in Istanbul for 1 week and chose the Neorion Hotel, The staff we wonderful in every way, polite, helpful and most of all understanding. The rooms were tidy, and adequately fitted out. The Pool, Sauna and turkish bath were a wonderful way to wind down after a day of walking around

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank henry p
Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family
australia
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night at the end of our cruise and chose this hotel because of the glowing reviews on T/A. We were not disappointed. The service has to been compared to top 5 star hotels if not better. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay the very best. Our room 601 was spacious with a large balcony and views of Istanbul. Room was spotless and the turkish lokum was yummy! I have not ever slept in such a large bed. Only negative was the noise we experienced even on the 6 floor of the trams and the calling to prayer late into the evening. Double glazing might help here? The small pool was clean, warm and inviting and I enjoyed it alot. My husband had a turkish massage at the hamman and felt 100% and truly invigorated. Breakfast selection was good and plenty to choose from and very delicious.My only big regret is that I didnt take the advice of the Neorion staff and go to the restaurants they recommended as the restaurant we chose was terrrible. My mistake! Thank you to all the Neorion staff for making our time in Istanbul wonderful. You will not go wrong if you decide to stay here and it was truly very good value for money.

Room Tip: Room 601 for the best room in the hotel.
1 Thank galavantersAustralia
Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Neorion staff is truly amazing...the word "no" is not part of their vocabulary. They were so helpful and thoughtful and make this hotel a 5-star experience in my opinion. I celebrated my birthday while there and they surprised me with a bottle of wine and fruit basket. Don't miss watching the sunset from the rooftop terrace with a glass of wine compliments of the hotel...a great photo opportunity! We stayed twice at the hotel during our time in Turkey and both rooms were very clean and beautiful (507 was a bit more spacious, but faced the back of the building). The spa downstairs is great after a long day of touring the city...don't miss out! They offer complimentary breakfast and afternoon snacks, which was very good and just added to the value of the hotel. The hotel location was fantastic...so easy to walk to all the popular sites or catch a boat for a ride on the Bosphorous!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank KBklyn

If you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Owner of the hotel
washington DC
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I spent five nights at Neorion in late July-early August. The hotel is one of a pair of well-appointed boutique hotels owned by the same family in the heart of the old European section--within easy walking distance of Istanbul's most coveted sights (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, archaeological museum, Spice Bazaar, Grand Bazaar, etc). Neorion is also within a short stroll of a major tram stop. In Istanbul traffic, it can easily take an hour and a half to cross the bridges from any New-City hotel to the old area. The Neorion's multilingual staff excels at sorting out all sorts of issues for guests, from restaurant reservations (some of which we requested in advance) to transportation and baggage issues. Hotel guests are well fed for the price of a room. The included buffet breakfast (continental and Turkish) is ample. The hotel offers complimentary afternoon meze (Turkish appetizers) and a free glass of wine at the rooftop patio at sunset; the views are wonderful. The affiliated outside laundry/dry-cleaning service did well by us before our onward travels. We could not have been happier with Neorion's hospitality and will plan to stay there again on our already-germinating next trip to this remarkable city and country.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors and those on back side (with no view) are the quietest. You may wish to forgo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank poginski
My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Faruk Boyaci
Owner of the Hotel
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Neorion lives up to all of the reviews on trip advisor. The hotel is staffed by knowledgable, friendly and helpful people and is very well managed. Our room was spacious and clean and the breakfast was excellent. The old part of the city is probably a bit noisier than the Bosphorus area but it is authentic and the hotel is within easy walking distance of all of the major attractions ( Aya Sofia, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar) and the tram runs at the bottom of the street the hotel is in. I was sorry we did not have time to use the swimming pool or the Hamman. The rooftop terrace was really lovely with free wine during Happy Hour. In fact we felt quite spoilt by the hotel - lovely turkish delight in the room and a huge box to take with us when we left. Wha a treat!

1 Thank Louise T
Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner