“Well justified the no 1 ranking in tripadvisor”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #5 of 1,154 Hotels in Istanbul
Hong Kong, China
“Well justified the no 1 ranking in tripadvisor”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Honestly, I was a bit sceptical when I clicked on the pictures of Neorion before my booking. The pictures didn't tell much, and I wondered why it was ranked the top pick on tripadvisor.

I have travelled ard the world and have stayed in all sort of hotels, could it be backpackers, boutique or luxury, and i think at the end services make all the difference. Well, Neorion is definitely one of the best serviced places I have experienced.

I arrived at Istanbul very early in the morning, so when I arrived at the hotel it was only 7am - normally hotels won't allow check in this time, but even before I asked, the reciptionst had already offered me to check in immediately after checking the room availability. And he also said "you must be hungry after the long flight, why dunt you have some breakfast while we prepare your room?" That is so considerate, and not to mention breakfast is normally only included for the night before. Same when I check out, I had a 530pm flight to catch, and they offered me to late check out until the shuttle picked me up from the hotel at 330pm. And they made my room and changed towels for me even on my checkout day! You know they dunt have to offer this. It is just generosity and thoughtfulness in taking care of guests.

During my 3 nights stay, all had been pleasant. I got a truly sincere smile and a warm "welcome back" greeting every time I went back to the hotel. And the staff (my apologies I couldn't catch the names) had been very patient in answering questions and making good suggestion on my sightseeing/meal arrangement. All very subtle things but as I felt the genineness of taking care of guests.

The room was a bit small but very clean and well maintained. Location was perfect - 10 mins walk to the Blue Mosque and about 200 meters away from the tram station and 5 mins walk to Galata Bridge.

It was really a very pleasant stay at Neorion. I had to say, they really impressed me and I do think they justify the No 1 ranking. Thank you the team for making me a happy guest.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Peng P
My dearest guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.

Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.

Faruk Boyacı

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (649)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was a great stay, everything was as i wanted it to be, the staff was very friendly, they speak good english, i got the room i ordered, non smoking and quiet, it was clean, breakfast was yummy! The location is perfect, next to centr so all the traffic connections are just around the corner!
I loved every single thing about the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary S
Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I read all the reviews before I decided to go for Neorion hotel in Istanbul. I was expecting a first class experience, but nothing compares to actually living the experience. It's everything you heard and more. Even before you check in, you receive an email with information about the hotel and Istanbul, and you get to book the services you want in advance and inquire about anything you find interesting. I booked a massage and Turkish bath. Both were excellent, by the way. I also used the free transportation from Ataturk airport.
The rooms are clean and well furnished, not extremely spacious but good enough. You get all the 5-star amenities in generous amounts. Water, coffee, tea, bathroom and shower amenities, everything.
Upon check in, we got a brief orientation about the city and how to go places, as well as a map and some brochures.
What I'd like to highlight is that the hotel staff do not only serve you as a guest, they do much more. They helped my friend, who wasn't staying at the hotel, with taxis, money exchange, even booking a tour.
Even more, the day I checked out I had a late flight, and I asked if I could keep my luggage with them so I could make the most of my last day. The receptionist quickly checked his bookings and told me that we can actually keep the room until we go to the airport. That's 10pm.
Now this is what I call exceeding all expectations.
Of course, we got the letter from the manager and a gift of Turkish delight box the night before we checked out.
I would like to mention a wonderful lady named Ceyda (pronounced Jayda) who was great help throughout our stay, and even before our arrival. In fact, everyone at the hotel is worth a special mention.
Location, mezze buffet, sunset wine, big breakfast, helpful staff, the list goes on and on. I can write pages about Neorion, but others have said it all before.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room overlooking the side road, not the tra...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DinaWorld

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was very pleased with our stay at this charming and central istanbul hotel. the lovely staff - sirin in particular - made a great first impression. we were offered a welcome drink over which we discussed how long we have in istanbul and what we could do to get the most out of our time. without it, we certainly wouldn't have eaten a fish sandwich down on the ports for example. our twin room was lovely - large enough for a sitting area by a large arched window. the turkish delight on the setting was delicious and is topped up daily. it was great to relax in the pool and spa after walking all day. we only went to the roof top once, but the views were stunning. the only down side was the cost of the laundry service, where one simple plastic bag of clothes cost 110 lira, so 45ish euro. ouch. the gift was a very kind gesture, although i was expecting the same quality of turkish delight as what is served in the room. it is no where near as nice. this hotel certainly wasnt what i would call excellent value, but paying a little bit more allowed a level of confidence in the services and facilities. it certainly didn't disappoint. next time, i would probably stay over the other side in taksim to be closer to better eating and drinking, but for those wanting a really lovely place close to the water and the main old sites, then i would recommend this to you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Liam C
Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a Boutique Hotel providing a friendly & personable stay. Rooms are very clean, bed comfortable and has great shower pressure. Breakfast is enjoyable with a good variety. Meze is a great treat in the afternoon. Location is very central with walking distance to most sights. Internet speed was pretty good also. Our last night we were presented with a gift of turkish delight and a lovely thank you letter for our stay. Our check out was at 12 but our pick up for airport wasn't until 4:30pm the wonderful staff stored our luggage so we could explore some more on our last day and when we returned they checked us back into a room to shower and freshen up before leaving. Staff even got us a reservation for a booked out restaurant for dinner now night. The only disappointment was not using the spa/pool area as there is construction (drilling) next door which creates unbearable noise into this area. Thank you for a memorable stay we hope to return again one day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank calicoskies
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
My dearest guest,

As you know, this area is conveniently located in old town and charming area for all people. Because of this , there are many new architectural designs which have already started to be built. Thanks to these projects, the area gets more beautiful day by day
But, it sometimes causes undesirable construction noise problems. Although the big process, laying the foundation, which makes main sound has been ended. Unluckily, your accommodation period met with the start.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm staying at the Neorion at the moment and it's a nice hotel, but I don't think is good enough for a num.1 rating. The location is good, but there are many other hotels nearby; the rooms are quite small and noisy, and the breakfast room is quite depressing. The staff is very friendly, but still, in my opinion, too an expensive hotel for what it's got to offer.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
16 Thank Viki M
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Of course we have some points to improve, we are all working on these.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Very helpfull and friendly staff . They gave me discount and bigger room for my 4 perons family and also checked me in without booking because of my last minute flight to Istanbul, they can arrange tours and taxi and they help me blow off greedy taxi drivers who wants to overcharge me .

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank gwesam
Sirkecigroup, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
My dearest guest,

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,