“Good staff and extremely convenient location”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Ahmedabad, India
“Good staff and extremely convenient location”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had been to Istanbul recently for a short trip. Had stayed at Neorion for 3 days.. While the hotel comes across as a small hotel, it has a fantastic location in the Sultan Ahmet district.. located very close to most of the historical sites of Istanbul including The Hagia Sofia, Topkapi palace, The Cistern, Grand Bazar and all the key turkish baths. All these places are within the walking distance.... It is also located near the Sirkeci Tram station.
The rooms are neat, clean and spacious.. The bathroom is spic and span. They have a lovely breakfast spread and also offer a good snack(meze) free between 1pm to 6pm..(in case you happen to be in the hotel in that time)..
Lastly, they also have a very helpful staff which guides you patiently on your queries about getting about the city. The staff was particularly courteous and helpful.
While the hotel doesnt offer any great views and is a kind of a city hotel.. I liked the place on account of the warmth of the staff and location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ahmedabadhermit
My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Having read some great reviews on Trip Advisor we booked the Neorion. Despite some great reviews it still exceeded our expectations. A lovely hotel where they really understand customer service. Our room was perfect, staff were extremely helpful, food was very good and customer service was exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble. They offered us a late check out to 9pm with no charge as we were not flying until midnight, the transfer was given free because it was 10 minutes late and generally great staff

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jamie A
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is great. I think the #1 is because of the excellent service. The people working at this hotel are beyond accomodating to any and all needs. They also have a good breakfast and a free cocktail on the beautiful roof top every night which was really nice. If you want to stay in the old city, this is the hotel for you. It is in walking distance to all sites except maybe the grand bazaar (an easy tram ride.) There are of course more lavish hotels in the new city on the bosphorus so you just need to decide which area of Istanbul you want to stay in. One thing I will say is that if you are younger and want to go out at night, the old city in general is a bit out of the way from some of the good spots. However, if the old city is the place for you, definitely stay at this hotel, they treat you fantastic!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pamela L

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I planned my recent trip around Trip advisers recommendations,this hotel had outstanding reviews,I was not disappointed ,the friendly staff at reception to the general pleasantness across the hotel .the roof top terrace with great views of Istanbul at sunset to the excellent breakfast ,roomy modern rooms ,all in all a great experience .
My only issue having booked the airport transfer shuttle from airport to hotel ,we were left waiting for an hour at the airport,I explained this to the hotel on arrival and they arranged a complimentary truth shuttle,however it was the only disappointment.
We are very happy to recommend the neorion hotel to anyone visiting Istanbul ,also a great location

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank davidd125

los angeles
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have just spent 6 nights at this wonderful hotel. All the good reviews are true. Our room was spotless, great breakfasts and meze, free airport pick up and super, friendly service. The location is perfect - one block from the tram which goes everywhere in town, and walking distance to all the major sights. The evening sunsets on the spectacular roof terrace were a real highlight. The adjoining Meze Cafe was a plus, good service and delicious menu. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view. We had a large , comfortable room which looked out at a wall. It was very qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank noni40
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013

If you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel
Dartford, Kent, UK
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Difficult to add to what has already been written about this great hotel where the guests are treated so superbly. Nothing is too much trouble. Need directions, advice on attractions just ask, need a restaurant booked just ask and the list goes on.
As others have said the location is great, tram stops within a few minutes walk, all the main attractions within walking distance but this is about the hotel. Excellent customer service is the mantra - every member of staff wants to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Lots of very nice touches - tea, coffee and Turkish delight in the rooms - always fully replenished every morning, an evening drink on the roof top terrace over looking the city - old and new. Welcoming and thank you letters and a gift on departure - we felt special which is what good customer service is about.

Oh and don't forget the pool and spa - just what you need after a day sightseeing in Istanbul and I can definitely recommend the Turkish bath treatment.

All in all one of the best hotels I have stayed in around the world.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor at the front so a little day time noise, but at night with the window clo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JREDartford_Kent_UK

New York, NY
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The Neorion lives up to it's reputation as a wonderful hotel in a great neighberhood. Tremendous service, clean well appointed spacious rooms. The free breakfast is really good. The location is perfect. What more can I say. None better for the money!

3 Thank Mdcarr2