“Deservedly number 1 in Istanbul”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #5 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Difficult to add to what has already been written about this great hotel where the guests are treated so superbly. Nothing is too much trouble. Need directions, advice on attractions just ask, need a restaurant booked just ask and the list goes on.
As others have said the location is great, tram stops within a few minutes walk, all the main attractions within walking distance but this is about the hotel. Excellent customer service is the mantra - every member of staff wants to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Lots of very nice touches - tea, coffee and Turkish delight in the rooms - always fully replenished every morning, an evening drink on the roof top terrace over looking the city - old and new. Welcoming and thank you letters and a gift on departure - we felt special which is what good customer service is about.

Oh and don't forget the pool and spa - just what you need after a day sightseeing in Istanbul and I can definitely recommend the Turkish bath treatment.

All in all one of the best hotels I have stayed in around the world.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor at the front so a little day time noise, but at night with the window clo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JREDartford_Kent_UK

There are newer reviews for Neorion Hotel

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The Neorion lives up to it's reputation as a wonderful hotel in a great neighberhood. Tremendous service, clean well appointed spacious rooms. The free breakfast is really good. The location is perfect. What more can I say. None better for the money!

3  Thank Mdcarr2

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great location (15-20 min. or less walk to everything in the old city),incredibly enthusiastic and helpful young staff,clean,reasonably quiet (especially considering the location).

Unlike most hotels they go out of their way to not charge for small extras.Price includes one way limo from airport,afternoon snack,access to swimming pool and Turkish bath.Not a 5 star property but better service then most 5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DDS01

Reviewed June 9, 2013

the location is just perfect. Galata, Taksim, Bosperus, Old City where ever you want to go its in walking distance and if you dont want to walk, the tramp stop is just 1 minute away.

The rooms are very clean and the sleep quality is great. The breakfast has everything you can wish for and the roof top terrace is just perfect for a sundowner while having a view on the bosperus as well as on the galata bridge, tne galata tower and the old city. 360 degrees panorama view.

The free wifi goes through out the hotel including the roof top so also a good business hotel.

You cant do anything wrong with this place.

service is pleasant. Friendly, professional and competent!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sascha K

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed June 9, 2013

All the praise is justified. We just spent a fantastic week here for my husband's 50th, joined by 15 other friend's from around the world. Our 6th floor suite was wonderful, and the price is reasonable when you think of all the extra touches - great breakfast, lots of free booze on the wonderful rooftop, mezze lunch. The service is everything you could ask for, with natural warmth and a smile. The location is perfect, within walking distance of all the sights. The beds are divine, the hamam is lovely... Our stay at the Neorion for this very special event was everything we could have hoped for and more. Thank you!

Room Tip: The deluxe suite is wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed recently at the Neorion Hotel for 4 nights with our 4-year old son, and it was an outstanding stay from beginning to end. The breakfast buffet is nice, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly, and the hotel is superbly located near the sites of Sultanahmet, Galata Bridge, and the Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Bazaar, plus it's also located on a major tram line that runs from the Western Districts through Sultanahmet and then over the Galata Bridge to Beyoğlu and beyond.

We needed a babysitter for two of the evenings, and rather than direct us to an outside agency as all other hotels in our experience have done, the Neorion supplied two of their own trusted staff members for the job.

The hotel recommended we take in a show the Hocapaşa Dance Theatre just a 2-minute walk away, and while I almost invariably find folk dance shows in places to be cheesy tourist come-ons, this one was extremely enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 6, 2013

From the time that we arrived we were treated well. We were given a drink and sat with one of the employees ( I don't remember her name) who gave us info and suggestions on the area while we were checked in. The hotel is an easy walk to the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, among many other attractions. While the hotel does not have a restaurant for dinner, it is near a whole lot of restaurants and that was not an issue. The complimentary breakfast and mese (snack) were quite pleasant. Service was excellent, but not at all stuffy. The price seemed reasonable for all that is included. We stayed in April and the bar on the rooftop deck was not open, but we did go up there to take in the view which was quite lovely. There is a small, but immaculate spa and Turkish Bath in the basement. I would definitely recommend this hotel. I did not stay at any others in Istanbul so I can't compare it, but you won't regret choosing this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CindyBaltimore

My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,