“A young new Hotel in Istanbul striving for excellance”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #7 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 3, 2013

As two intrepid travellers, who look for culture, historic background and an inviting atmosphere, where better place to stay in the city of Istanbul than The Neorion Hotel aptly named after an ancient settlement in the now Sirkeci area of the city. Vibrant, bustling, colourful and friendly, it's the perfect area to be in if you want to visit the historical part of the city aswell as enjoying the amenities of the Neorion hotel close at hand.

What makes the Neorion stand out from the usual plethora of branded 4 star hotels ? Well, its down to previous stay reports on Trip Advisor and the little touches the hotel is able to offer to differentiate it from others !

On first arrival at the hotel, a welcoming greeting with offer of refreshment drink and an explanation of the facilities of the hotel together with help to organise an itinerary of places to visit and where to eat and how to get there puts one straight away at ease.

Our room was well appointed and very comfortable with an added bonus of delicious Turkish Delight and mineral water provided on top of the usual tea/coffee making facilities. Excellent power show in the bathroom with all the usual gels etc together with provision of bathrobe and slippers made life more pleasurable!

We very much enjoyed the spa and swimming amenities that attracted us to the hotel originally, especially after an often exhaustive day of walking and visiting, allowing us to 'chill out' and recuperate our spirits !

The afternoon complimentary self service meze food aswell as wine served on the roof to watch the sunset view over the Bosphorus straits all added to a most memorable stay at the Neorion.

A very attentive staff , where nothing was too much trouble, friendliness with professionalism and a relaxed and informal atmosphere made you feel at home , a true mark of hospitality without too much overbearing.

To sum up, an excellent hotel providing good food, ambience, and very thoughtful staff and management who want to make your stay relaxed , pleasant and enjoyable and in our case highly recommendable to either friends or fellow visitors to the city of Istanbul.

4  Thank DavidKReading
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a wonderful three night stay at the Neorion. Every detail was covered.

The hotel arranged airport transfer for our large group of six adults, two children and a baby.

They also arranged a tour guide for us. This was great. For 100 euro (divided by three couples) we were given a private tour of the Blue Mosque, Hajia Sophia, the underground cisterns, an authentic Turkish rug shop and the Grand Bazaar. Being with our guide allowed us to skip the queue at all of these busy tourist spots.

I also had a wonderful spa experience. I booked the Sultan's package which was very reasonably priced for a 70 minute service.

The breakfast and afternoon snacks are great. The location is wonderful. We walked everywhere we wanted to go.

And, when we were leaving, we were given a wonderful box of Turkish delights. Everything about this place was great!

Also, my husband left his jacket in the hotel lobby. I emailed them when we arrived home and they mailed us his coat free of charge. We really appreciated them going above and beyond even after we had left.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank STSTMC

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were greeted with a complimentary drink and brief chat about the hotel and the location. The service was immaculate, detailed but not overbearing. The rooms were spotless and the shower was amazing. Breakfast was good too - a great range and to suit all tastes. We loved it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Melita G

Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My Wife and I stayed at the Neorion for 5 nights in April 2013, having booked a surprise trip for her.
I can honestly stay that this is without doubt the most friendliest most comfortable hotel that we have stayed in.
From the very first welcome to the final goodbye the staff ensured our stay was indeed unforgettable. They have got the perfect balance in being there for the guest if needed or letting you go about your day without intruding.
The pool and hamamn were great and I highly recommend booking in for a massage.
The "sultans massage" is definitely worth the extra €€
Breakfast and afternoon snacks were plentiful so If you are visiting Istanbul and this hotel is available just book it - you will not be disappointed... Thank you for a fantastic stay

3  Thank moreno777

Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I travel frequently to Istanbul taking group trips from Germany over to visit the beautiful city. On my last stay I upgraded myself to stay in the Neorion. This hotel deserves to sit in the top 10 hotels in Istanbul not for it's extravagance or fantastic rooms (it is a decent 4 star and the rooms are large enough but nothing spectacular) however the attention to detail from the staff makes the whole experience very special.
From the moment you enter the hotel reception you are welcomed in to their "home" and are treated as such throughout your stay without question. Personal tips on places to eat, shop and drink are given freely and the staff will take the time to familiarise you with your location and the area around you to make you feel comfortable when you choose to step back outside again.
Hotel has a nice cafe down on the tram street which serves basic meals that they will also deliver as room service to your room (top tip!). Also the spa and pool area certainly help relieve the stress of walking the city streets or being crammed in to the nearby T1 trams!
Breakfast is fresh and refreshed throughout the morning and is even changed each day which is pleasant (the fresh honey is a Sirkeci group speciality and worth a smear on pastry or bread!). In the afternoon they have a small "tapas" style offering for free which is great to ease you over before going out again for dinner.
The rooftop terrace is a place waiting to be used - I would love to have found a bar upstairs as well and some more terrace type seating to relax the evenings away (Top Tip 2 - Call down to reception from the phone and they will bring you drinks up!).
Overall a hotel worthy of it's tripadvisor score although getting a little overpriced due to it's new found status.

Room Tip: Higher floors are less noisy. Corner rooms (which we had) are about 1/2 the size of some others!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Phil_Burch

My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Wow! This hotel really did live up to everything I read about it on Trip Advisor. The staff were so helpful and welcoming you felt almost like a family member. We had a personal welcome with a drink in their cool lounge, while all the sights, restaurants and tram services were explained. The room was spacious and the power shower was astounding, in a modern spotless bathroom. The breakfast was great, including a real honeycomb, and a help yourself meze all afternoon. The roof terrace has a lovely sky line view of the old city, and a glass of wine appears as the sunsets. The hotel is walking distance of all the main sights. Perhaps the only one drawback is its proximity to the tramline, in the adjacent street and the tram horn. However, the double glazing obliterates it, and everywhere in the old city is going to have some form of traffic noise.
Well done Neorion, on object lesson in good old fashioned hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Caroline K
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is one of those hotels you leave with sadness, but feeling all warm and fuzzy inside. The way it's run is world class - I've been to many hotels which could benefit from sending their management to the Neorion to learn how to treat their guests.

So, trying to gather my thoughts in order that I don't end up gushing embarrassingly, I'd make the following comments about the hotel:

Generosity of spirit. There was more generosity of spirit in this hotel than any I have stayed in before. Anywhere. Ever. It manifests itself everywhere - for instance there is a fresh dish of turkish delight in the room every day; there is also an abundance of bathroom products for use as well as slippers and bath robes; a mezze is provided in the afternoon if you happen to come in feeling a little peckish; an early evening gathering on the rooftop terrace is organised daily. While you're up there admiring the sun sinking behind the minarets a complementary glass of something is provided, as is a bowl of nuts. There are lots of little things. We came back on our third night to find a sort of towel origami - a very endearing terry towelling elephant on the bed, guarding the gift of a box of turkish delight. There is just a feeling at the Neoiron that the staff are genuinely delighted to have you there and really do want to make your stay the best it could possibly be.

There's also the attitude - there was some noise coming from the air conditioning vents outside our lower floor room on the first night (actually not that bad). An enquiry about changing rooms was met with such friendly helpfulness, and when we got back later in the day, we'd been moved to an upper room which was quieter. I could go on and on with more examples. There was always, as someone said in a previous review, a sense that they'd try 150% on your behalf.

Cleanliness.
You could, almost literally, eat off the floor. This hotel is spotless. The sheets were changed during our stay (I think they change them every third night, but you can ask for more frequency if you wish it). The housekeeping staff achieve a fine balance between keeping the rooms clean but not disrupting your stuff.

Rooms. This is a purpose built hotel so all the rooms are decent sized and have sufficient sound insulation that you're not confronted by the sweet sounds of your neighbours cleaning their teeth first and last thing. The hotel is decorated in what I am coming to recognise as modern Turkish, which is actually quite different to modern European. I'm a self confessed design tragic and had initially wanted to stay in another hotel with a more western aesthetic. I'm glad it was full because otherwise I would have missed out on the truly fabulous staff at the Neoiron and no amount of sleek furniture would have been worth that. And in saying this I don't mean for a moment to imply anything negative about the decoration of the hotel - it's simply a slightly different aesthetic to mine, but it comes with so much that is wonderful that I somehow doubt I'd have got in a more self-consciously trendy place.

Location. You can't get more conveniently situated than this. The spice market, Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace are all within 15 minutes walk.

And the cons? (because this is the real world and there are always cons). Actually, it's hard to summon any with much conviction. I don't think there are any great views to be had in the bedrooms. Those at the front have large windows overlooking the street (which I think would have been fascinating), and those at the back look out over other buildings. There's also a slight rumble of tram noise, but they stop at about 11pm and don't start again until 7ish. I'm a career insomniac, however, and my greatest fear when staying in hotels is noise and I slept very well here. Really, that's the best I can come up with - it actually is as good as everyone says.

Room Tip: Front rooms have street views and large windows. Rear rooms overlook other buildings but are probab...
2  Thank rosemalmaison