3,157 results
All reviewsafternoon mezerooftop terraceturkish delightfree mezzeold cityfree afternoonblue mosqueturkish bathgrand bazaarwithin walking distancespice marketmajor sitesturkeygalata bridgefamily roomthe hotel offershagia sophia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Staff exceptionally welcoming and helpful, even by the high standards of Turkish hospitality. Location excellent - in the heart of the old city and within easy walking distance of all major sites. A minute away from the tram - if you don't feel like walking it's a frequent, cheap, convenient line that stops at all the sites, including those that are a little farther away like the Grand Bazaar. You can buy your ticket-card at a newsagents kiosk in the main train station beside the tram stop.
Nice, quiet lobby/reading room area on the ground floor with 2 computers for guests' use.
Cool, modern sauna and pool in basement - a jacuzzi also, but disappointingly heated only to the same temperature as the pool, so on the chilly side - you couldn't stay in it for very long.
We had a superior room (603) with balcony on the 6th (top) floor. Quiet, comfortable, reasonably spacious with a nice outlook, but judging by the fire-safety floor map on the wall, the rooms vary hugely in size and shape, so if you have specific space requirements I would phone in advance of booking to ascertain exactly what's available. (For example, no. 602, the room beside us, was in the same category as ours but it was larger and the balcony was better placed.)
Mattresses good, pillows wonderful - a pillow menu was provided if you needed something different.
Good shower pressure and bath.
Tea/coffee-making facilities in the room and lots of little shops on the doorstep where you can pick up basic grocery supplies. Plenty of restaurants, cafes and coffee shops around too.
Breakfast was excellent - even my desperately pernickety husband was satisfied. The array seemed to cater to every nationality under the sun, albeit with a Turkish twist - there were cheeses, yoghurts, fresh juice and fruit, fruit salads, muesli, cereals, breads, pastries and cakes, jams and honeys and a variety of hot dishes - eggs, potatoes, vegetables, tomatoes, beef-based sausages and rashers, etc, and endless coffee.
Complimentary meze in the afternoon, available at the buffet from 1pm to 7pm, consisted of soup, small sandwiches, rolls, fresh fruit and cakes. We used it every day, either for lunch or supper, as a welcome alternative to eating out.
The hotel is expensive, but this seems to be the case with all hotels in Istanbul, and this one is good value for Sultanahmnet. I would stay here again if I returned.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Banjax
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Hotel staff did everything to make good impression from this hotel. We stayed 3 nights so got 1 transfer (from airport) free of charge.
Nice breakfast & mezes during the day are offered & included into the price.
Located in the heart of Old city - close to everything.
Staff is extremelly helpful & polite.
Just note that view from your room would be quite miserable & ancilaries should be taken with you. But that is the only minus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vera_Tron
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Indeed, i cannot find words to describe the hospitality of this hotel.,and of course it's exceptional staff, from the reception to the chambermaids.
The hotel's location is in sirkeci area, or the old part of istanbul.
Staying here will save you a lot of time and money because all major attractions are within 10 to 15 mns. walk.
Going back, and giving a brief description of the hotel,s hospitality, everything starts on arrival at airport.
We found a representative ,[ after baggage collection] displaying our names and provided comlimentary transfers to hotel and back, in spacious mini van.
Check in at hotel is pretty fast .Lobby is quite simple, but don't be fooled , because those managing it makes your stay unforgottable.
We where offered a complimentary breakfast buffet on arrival. They also offer a daily free lunch from 1 in the afternoon till 7 in the evening.
Then we had a small personal brief on the hotel amenities , the attractions around, and how you get to them,public transportation ,etc.etc.[do try to avoid taxis, as some of them rips you off]
Trams are very reliable and frequent, and only 5 mns. from hotel.
Bedrooms, and their bathrooms are adequate and spotlessly clean.
On the 2 nd night my wife smelled a very pleasant smell, and asked one of the staff about it.
Surprising enough they gave her a free bottle of this "perfume" for free.
Telephones from our room are very cheap and some are free , as well.
As the purpose of my visit was bussiness, i did not have many spare days, but i managed to book 2 tours through the lobby, which they done it for us in a few mns.
Our last day was even more memorable, as we went on a coffee trail tour in the afternoon with a local company, but it turned out to be dissapointing.As we had booked the tour at hotel,we reported the incident , and in a few miutes he fixed a refund from the tour company he recomended.Besides that he also gave us a compimentary 5 course dinner in a hotel nearby.
What a treat.....
I have been in many hotels in every corner of the world but i never experienced what i had here.
A box of turkish delight was given to us on departure.[very nice indeed]
So if planning a visit to istanbul do not look eleswhere.
Wishing all staff the very best for the future, and i will be a source of recommendation for sure.
Keep up the good work folks.........

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank naxxardingli

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location - walking distance to most historic sites in the old city, and easy access to the train/metro.

The included buffet breakfast is big, and the afternoon "snacks" put out daily are good and handy after a morning spent walking. The hotel has it's own steam sauna, as well as two dry saunas and a pool - all facilities are well maintained and very clean.

The staff is outstanding. First after losing my bags, the front desk took over the tracking and return of the bags - they even had a person on the "inside" at the airline to go directly to to ensure quick return. Even better, when I came in after dinner one night, during the course of conversation, the front desk person determined I had been ripped off at the restaurant I had eaten at. He proceeded to go to the restaurant and demand a return. Best of all, he got it, and returned to me 50L. How about that for taking care of your guests??!

Room Tip: Family suite is two combined bedrooms with two baths - very nice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank booktrader

My dearest guest;

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff is friendly and accomodating. They are also very knowledgable, steering us toward good restaurants and away from bad tours (due solely to the location we were considering being off season). The location convenient, in the heart of the old town. Rooms are comfortable and well maintained. The spa is very cool, with Turkish bath or massage available on premises. Breakfast is served daily, as well as afternoon mezes (appetizers) from afternoon to early evening. If one chose to, they could easily eat free at the hotel and never have to go out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family