3,156 results
All reviewsafternoon mezerooftop terraceturkish delightfree mezzeold cityfree afternoonblue mosqueturkish bathgrand bazaarwithin walking distancespice marketmajor sitesturkeygalata bridgefamily roomthe hotel offershagia sophia
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location - walking distance to most historic sites in the old city, and easy access to the train/metro.

The included buffet breakfast is big, and the afternoon "snacks" put out daily are good and handy after a morning spent walking. The hotel has it's own steam sauna, as well as two dry saunas and a pool - all facilities are well maintained and very clean.

The staff is outstanding. First after losing my bags, the front desk took over the tracking and return of the bags - they even had a person on the "inside" at the airline to go directly to to ensure quick return. Even better, when I came in after dinner one night, during the course of conversation, the front desk person determined I had been ripped off at the restaurant I had eaten at. He proceeded to go to the restaurant and demand a return. Best of all, he got it, and returned to me 50L. How about that for taking care of your guests??!

Room Tip: Family suite is two combined bedrooms with two baths - very nice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank booktrader
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

My dearest guest;

I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff is friendly and accomodating. They are also very knowledgable, steering us toward good restaurants and away from bad tours (due solely to the location we were considering being off season). The location convenient, in the heart of the old town. Rooms are comfortable and well maintained. The spa is very cool, with Turkish bath or massage available on premises. Breakfast is served daily, as well as afternoon mezes (appetizers) from afternoon to early evening. If one chose to, they could easily eat free at the hotel and never have to go out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife Leslie and I found an airfare to Istanbul that was too good to pass, and chose the Neorion Hotel from the overwhelmingly excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. I can only concur with others who rated this hotel as a most satisfying experience, although it seemed to us that we must have received exceptional attention. After a rational reflection, our conclusion was not that we were exceptional people, but that everyone who was a guest there were indeed looked on as special. And that is a tribute not only to the business plan of the Sirecki Enterprise Group, but also to the genuine friendliness of the complete staff at the Neorion Hotel.
A week before arriving in Istanbul, I cought the flu bug and by the date of arrival my breathing was still uncomfortable, and smoke exposure would set off coughing spells. We were relieved to learn that the Neorion was a non-smoking hotel, and the air quality inside was excellent.
This had been our third visit to Istanbul, and our daytime hours lead us to new places, like the Pera and Sabanci Museums and long bus rides to untouristy neighborhoods, as well as the necessary major sights. Nighttime,though, chased us indoors, and the Neorion proved to be the oasis that we needed. Because of Istanbul and the charming people and the good foods and certainly because of hominess at the Neorion, our trip turned out to be wonderful.

Room Tip: We had an upper floor room away from the street. It was quiet. All the rooms were equipped similary, and were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

You are walking distance from every major site including a tram station half a block away. Re the hotel everything works perfectly instant hot water, rain shower AND hand held. Everything is its place a lovely SPOTLESS room, great bed linens, teakettle w /tea, coffee. A breakfast that goes until 11 and then from 1 to 7 they begin a complimentry buffet of soup, breads etc.They feed you constantly :)!. A new hotel that is perfection and a super VALUE!
The staff outstanding..they work as a team...providing Excellent service...from the pick up van..spotless, prompt e-mail returns (Ceyda) answering our questions with a SMILE ( Sirin) and all the gentlemen at reception especially Cagdas. Thank you
for making our trip so special ..we already miss you!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a King room Without requesting it. We did have a room by the tram but it did not bother us at all . The French doors are very sound proof.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Goldie_0711

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Neorion Hotel in Istanbul. We were greeted at the hotel by a nice man who made sure we got free wine and then he sat down with us with a map and explained how the city worked. We were three girls travelling and got a big room with two bathrooms. On top of that the hotel have a great spa with sauna, hamam, swimmingpool and jacuzzi. But maybe the best part was the delicious complimentary meze buffet that we were served in the lounge everyday. The location is excellent with a walking distance to both the Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. And we also walked to Istiklal caddesi. On the evening before our check-out day we got a gift from the hotel, a wrapped box of turkish delight. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the tramway, so bring earplugs if you have trouble sleeping in a noisy area, or ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends