“perfect stay”

Ranked #5 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
glen ellyn
“perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The staff is friendly and accomodating. They are also very knowledgable, steering us toward good restaurants and away from bad tours (due solely to the location we were considering being off season). The location convenient, in the heart of the old town. Rooms are comfortable and well maintained. The spa is very cool, with Turkish bath or massage available on premises. Breakfast is served daily, as well as afternoon mezes (appetizers) from afternoon to early evening. If one chose to, they could easily eat free at the hotel and never have to go out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Weatherly, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife Leslie and I found an airfare to Istanbul that was too good to pass, and chose the Neorion Hotel from the overwhelmingly excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. I can only concur with others who rated this hotel as a most satisfying experience, although it seemed to us that we must have received exceptional attention. After a rational reflection, our conclusion was not that we were exceptional people, but that everyone who was a guest there were indeed looked on as special. And that is a tribute not only to the business plan of the Sirecki Enterprise Group, but also to the genuine friendliness of the complete staff at the Neorion Hotel.
A week before arriving in Istanbul, I cought the flu bug and by the date of arrival my breathing was still uncomfortable, and smoke exposure would set off coughing spells. We were relieved to learn that the Neorion was a non-smoking hotel, and the air quality inside was excellent.
This had been our third visit to Istanbul, and our daytime hours lead us to new places, like the Pera and Sabanci Museums and long bus rides to untouristy neighborhoods, as well as the necessary major sights. Nighttime,though, chased us indoors, and the Neorion proved to be the oasis that we needed. Because of Istanbul and the charming people and the good foods and certainly because of hominess at the Neorion, our trip turned out to be wonderful.

Room Tip: We had an upper floor room away from the street. It was quiet. All the rooms were equipped similary...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

You are walking distance from every major site including a tram station half a block away. Re the hotel everything works perfectly instant hot water, rain shower AND hand held. Everything is its place a lovely SPOTLESS room, great bed linens, teakettle w /tea, coffee. A breakfast that goes until 11 and then from 1 to 7 they begin a complimentry buffet of soup, breads etc.They feed you constantly :)!. A new hotel that is perfection and a super VALUE!
The staff outstanding..they work as a team...providing Excellent service...from the pick up van..spotless, prompt e-mail returns (Ceyda) answering our questions with a SMILE ( Sirin) and all the gentlemen at reception especially Cagdas. Thank you
for making our trip so special ..we already miss you!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a King room Without requesting it. We did have a room by the tram but it did n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Goldie_0711
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Neorion Hotel in Istanbul. We were greeted at the hotel by a nice man who made sure we got free wine and then he sat down with us with a map and explained how the city worked. We were three girls travelling and got a big room with two bathrooms. On top of that the hotel have a great spa with sauna, hamam, swimmingpool and jacuzzi. But maybe the best part was the delicious complimentary meze buffet that we were served in the lounge everyday. The location is excellent with a walking distance to both the Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia. And we also walked to Istiklal caddesi. On the evening before our check-out day we got a gift from the hotel, a wrapped box of turkish delight. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the tramway, so bring earplugs if you have trouble sleeping in a noisy area, o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Zoffan
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just returned from a 4 day getaway (getting away from husband and kids) along with 2 other runaway moms like me :o)))) We just loved everything about this place !!
Convenient location, clean, comfortable, cozy rooms, INCREDIBLY helpful and friendly staff ( literally every single one of them !!) , I really can't say enough !!
Thank you very much for making our visit to Istanbul such an unforgettable experience , I will definitely be back and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone I know who's planning on visiting Istanbul .
Keep up the good work ;o)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kermeee
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Arlington, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend in January. I had booked a room with a terrace and was put in a very long and narrow room in the back of the hotel that was extremely noisy as it overlooked the tram. Also, no bathtub - only a very small shower stall (very small bathroom in general). Fortunately, I was able to move the next night to a room at the front - much better, less noise and a full tub/shower. All in all not a bad stay and would likely stay here again if I returned to Istanbul, now that I know the hotel layout. The service was very good and the location couldn't be beat.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front are much quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelBuff24
My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Of course we have some points to improve, we are all working on these.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just returned from staying at the Neorion for 2 nights on the way home from an African business trip. It was perfect. From the location, to the people, to the rooms to the free breakfast and afternoon/evening "snacks". I walked all miles and miles during my two days in the city and saw many hotels. I can't think of one that was better located. Little things, like the complimentary drink of your choice while you're checking in, to the surprise present and card left on my bed the night before I left (I won't spoil the surprise of what it is, but it's very nice), all make for a wonderful oasis in a sometimes hectic tourist city. the hotel places you literally right in the middle of the best attractions in the city, making walking a perfectly viable option to seeing almost anything on the peninsula.

Kudos to the management and staff. Super friendly and helpful. And it's not fake friendly. I always got the impression they meant it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo