“February visit”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #7 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Just returned from visit with my 2 daughters. The staff are extremely helpful and pleasant and nothing seems too much trouble to them. Rooms well appointed and breakfast very enjoyable. Very well situated for the major attraction of Istanbul all within easy walking distance as are some excellent restaurants recommended by the hotel All three of us throughly enjoyed our stay.
Strongly recommended.
Philip Degen

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

My dearest guest;

If you need any kind of assistance about Istanbul or Turkey. I will be very happy to host you again in Istanbul or in Neorion Hotel when you come back.

Kind regards,

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very clean, super kind people, central location!
Rich breakfast and mezes for free in the afternoon
All the amenities (hair conditioners, slippers, bath-robes..)
Would definitely recommend; we had a memorable stay!

2  Thank evoulitas

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Me and my wife picked up this hotel thanks to the reviews red on T.A. and I can say that we couldn't make a better choice. The hotel is charming, very clean, comfortable and the breakfast is delightful but what makes the difference is the staff. They seem to have found the perfect mix between courtesy and discretion and are always ready to give you just the right suggestion to ease your vacation in Istanbul. Warmly suggested!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We, 7 persons spent a really nice trip in Turkey and the last stop Neorion Hotel in Istanbul makes our trip perfect with a very cheerful ending. We are warmly welcomed when we check in, served with tea, cookies and a special girl staff showed a city map to us and gave a lot of helpful information with her smile. The hotel facility is quite new and maintained well, very big room, clean and cozy. We also enjoyed the swimming pool and Hamman after a full day tour. The location is excellent, close to harbour, tram station, historical sites. We can even have a late check-out for 1 room (we booked 3 rooms) so that we could put our luggages together and rest for a while.

Everything is perfectly arranged and the hotel staff is veeeeery helpful and considerate. Thank you very much. We definitely would come back again....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The team at this hotel could not be more welcoming and accommodating to a group of 5. From advice to service, they have been brilliant. One of the best hotels I've stayed in. The location us great. About a 10 min walk to the blue mosque and cistern to about a 20 min meander to the grand bazaar. I highly recommend it and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013

Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Neorion Hotel for a long weekend based on all the great reviews. I was curious if this hotel could really be that nice, but it did not disappoint. I cannot say enough nice things about the way this hotel is run and the quality of the people working there. This is the best customer service I have ever received at a hotel. Sirin started to help me make plans and reservations before we got to Istanbul. It was so nice having a locals opinion. All of her recommendations were great. From the time we walked in the door we were treated as royalty. We got there in the afternoon and they had meze and soup (free) available in the lobby/restaurant area. While they were checking us in, they encouraged us to go get something to eat. Once we were finished eating the wonderful food, they explained to us the hotel, the area, provided us a map, and had us checked in. It was such a smooth process. Our room was lovely and had plenty of room. We had free water, coffee, tea, and Turkish delights in the room. The breakfast in the morning (free) was lovely and they had plenty of options. The spa was very nice. It had a small pool, jacuzzi, steam room, and hamami free of charge. I would recommend booking a swedish massage (extra charge). This hotel is in the Old City and in walking distance of all the Old City attractions. It was very easy to follow the Tram line and not get lost. We walked to the Topkapi Palace, Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar, and the Bosphorus Ferries. On our final day they provided us with a late check out that was very helpful and then with a box of Turkish Delights as we left for the airport. This hotel is a class act. If we ever return, I would definitely stay here again!!

1  Thank Stacey H

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We arrived shortly after midnight and everything that I had organized was in place: roses in the room, a chilled bottle of Turkish champagne (pretty good!) and some warm soup and lamb and chicken bites brought up. Nicely executed!

Neorion is in a great location in the Old City. At the doorstep of Topkapi and four tram stops from the Grand Bazaar and Sophia Hagia and the Blue Mosque. The Spice market is a 10 minute walk. There are plenty of restaurants on the adjacent walking streets and the waterfront - fifteen minute walk - also has plenty of choices (although this can be a bit hit-and-miss).

The spa in the basement is just right: nice hammam sauna and pool: very relaxing atmosphere to warm up, drink some apple tea and chill out. We had several great massages with Oktay - excellent masseuse.

The breakfast is bountiful with ample, late hours...but don't expect it to be open one second past the stated closing time. The hotel provides meses - little appetizers - all afternoon long. Light room service can be obtained from the adjacent cafe.

The rooftop deck was closed but I bet in summer it is a happening scene.

There is only one suite ('Deluxe room'), and it does look sweet. The Superior rooms are all on the noisy street side...tram runs directly below...if rumbling noise, screeching wheels-on-rails and vibration bother you, you might not want to invest in these rooms. We were on the top (6th) floor and it was OK, but I can imagine those on the 2nd and 3rd floors were not quite as impressed. The 'Superior' rooms are also curiously narrow; kudos to the hotel photographer or photo editor.

The staff is wonderful. Truly kind and caring. Always inquiring about how we enjoyed the hotel, the sites we saw or the restaurant that we chose. It's rare that you find an entire staff that is actually this invested in wanting to know how you are doing - and how they can help make your stay better. Unique and special - the hotel's strongest attribute is its staff.

Room Tip: If you splurge for the Deluxe room - request the top floor.