“Quality service with a boutique property atmosphere”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I travel quite a bit for business so choosing a property that doesn't make me feel like I am at work, but can provide the quality of service I am used to receiving on business is not always an easy task. I chose the Neorion hotel because of reviews on Trip Advisor and crossed my fingers. I have to say, the reviews that everyone provided were spot on. The driver was there asd promised, the room was available (and very clean), the staff and the design of the lobby provided a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. I found the staff to be exceptional. They went above and beyond to help us. They arranged our guide, transportation, and always made sure we were set before heading out on our adventure of the day. What impressed me the most is that when we checked out of the hotel and were at the airport, we realized that we had left our daughter's stuffed animal. I was certain it was gone. The amazing thing is that they went and found Purple Rabbit and is shipping her back to the states for us!! One last thing - the location is great. The historical sites are within easy walking distance, and you can also reach the Asia side and the newer part of the city wtihin minutes. Istanbul and the Neorion will be seeing our family again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LiveLife1st
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Owner of the hotel

There are newer reviews for Neorion Hotel

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We arrived late having missed our flight and were offered a large glass of red wine each which was very welcome. It was local Turkish wine which was really nice and on seeing our enthusiasm for it, the receptionist offered us two extra complimentary glasses which were brought up to our room. There was also Turkish Delight at reception and when I said it was my father's favourite sweet back home, we were presented with the gift of a box of Turkish Delight to take home to him (this in addition to those "gifted" at departure). These small but uncalled for touches reflected the whole attitude of the staff who were welcoming, friendly and most helpful throughout our stay.

Breakfast was absolutely fine with a mixture of hot and cold foods and there was a meze selection available in the afternoon which was a bit more basic, but not charged for so very welcome when we were peckish on returning to the hotel.

The hotel is just off the main tram route and easily walkable distance to the tram stops and some of the big historical sites in the old town. A well positioned hotel for getting around.

Our room was clean and comfortable with no noise problems.

All in all, very worthy of the top rating on trip advisor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Scott_London25
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the hotel

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We arrived at the airport at 5am in the morning after a long flight. The driver arranged by the hotel was waiting for us as we came into the arrivals hall without any complication. As soon as we arrived at the hotel we were told our room was ready for us and were offered a complimentary breakfast. Truely amazing!!!! The hotels interleading family room was exceptionally comfortable and spacious. All the staff go out of their way to make sure you are well taken care of. The hotel is very centrally located, with easy access to all the major sights.On the hotels recommendation we used a private tour guide - Bethul - to show us the sights. Spent a very interesting day with her. Well worth the money! I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Istanbul!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank TravelFanatic100

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

When the rating is as high as Neorion's, expectations may exceed the reality, right?! Well it wasn't the case during our 6-night stay. The hotel is new and beautifully appointed, service is excellent, location is perfect, breakfasts are tasty and varied, Turkish bath is excellent, ... do you want me to continue?!! The way how Mr. Faruk Boyaci, who owns this hotel and some excellent restaurants (Sirkeci Group Hotels and Restaurants: Hotel Orient Express (4 stars), Hotel Erboy (3 stars), Hotel Ilkay (3 stars), Sirkeci Konak and Neorion Hotel, my reviews about restaurants to come), runs his businesses is nothing but golden standard for hoteliers and restaurateurs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ABTOP

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was one of those times that Trip Advisor was right on! This amazing little hotel does everything right! We spent New Year's there. The rooftop terrace was perfect for viewing the fireworks and they added the sparkling wine to boot. The food was always plentiful. The breakfast as well as the afternoon food was more than enough to fill you up all day, leaving only dinner to buy! The rooms are extremely comfortable and they even have a choice of the type of pillows you want. They have a nice pool and spa set-up as well. You cannot go wrong here. We walked everywhere, and it is right near the tram line for going anywhere further in the city. I will definitely stay here again. It is the best experience at a city hotel I have had in ages!

Room Tip: The rooms do not have views really and it does not matter! We never stayed in the room! The rooftop...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Amyjo

Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We travel fairly frequently, and have never seen a hotel where customer service is such a high priority. We just returned from Istanbul after staying at Neorion Hotel for six nights during Christmas based on the exceptional TA reviews and I'm here to say they fully deserve their number one rating and more! This hotel is beyond perfection. Perfect location in the heart of the “old district” moreover the hotel location just a five minute walk from Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace – all the “ must sees’ for first a time visitor.
They had a special with a free airport pick up for a 3 night or more stay. It was great to get in from such a long flight and have someone waiting for us with a car. The hotel was very welcoming. Before we went to our room we were met in the lobby by Ceyda, one of the hotel's well-informed customer service agents, who greeted us with a glass of wine and reviewed our plans that we had created for visiting the highlights of this beautiful city. Ceyda, Sirin and Merig offered priceless advice on how to maximize our time. Ceyda also arranged to reserve museum tickets. She helped us with restaurant recommendations and reservations as well as providing us with countless directions. On a scale of one to ten, Ceyda Sirin and Merig are a twenty! Most hotels have breakfast but not too many have complementary meze which is available from 1-7pm - a bowl of soup, a sandwich, bread and humus was just what was needed after countless hours of walking! Additionally, if you can arrange to pay in cash instead of by credit card, you can receive an 11% reduction on the room rate. Our room was very comfortable with down comforter and pillows and a full bath with tub and shower just what we had requested. There is a lovely little Turkish bath in the basement, with a steam room, sauna, Jacuzzi (not heated) and a pool.
We had taken advantage of the “ Turkish Experiences” that the sister Hotel, Sirkeci Konak was providing which included (all complimentary) 2 wonderful walking tours with Agah Okay and without him we would not have been able to go to the “ local places” that are not touristy. He was a really gem and most helpful! With Merve’s help we participated “Cooking and Learning Turkish cuisine”, “ Cheese and Wine Sampling and “ Drinking Raki like the local’s.” Again, the mantra was “make sure customer is happy at all times”.
We felt we could ask them anything - they were not only extremely friendly, but went the extra mile on each occasion. For example when we asked where to purchase over the counter medicine they offered to go and get them AND not charge us.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Istanbul.

Room Tip: Room 502 had a lovely bath tub with a small balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bhalla2

Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Neorion lived up to all of the excellent reviews I had read about it. The hotel is incredibly clean and modern. It is not on the nicest looking street but it is in a great location - close to all the major sights and we always felt safe.

The breakfast was outstanding - cheeses, meats, eggs, fruit, yogurt, breads and even a frame of honeycomb. Ask for the Turkish tea to drink with your amazing breakfast. Also, breakfast goes late - until 11:00 which is good when you want to sleep in.

Also, every day from 1:00 pm until 7:00 pm there is a buffet of mezes for guests. It consists of several dips, bread, lentil soup, cucumbers, lettuce and tomatoes. There are some cookies and another dessert - the chocolate cake - was a favorite in my family. So as you can see, the hotel keeps their guests well fed.

My husband was quite happy with the in-room safe because it fit all of our laptops and other valuables. The small pool is perfect if you have small children and the spa is terrific for parents who need a massage!

We really enjoyed our stay at the Neorion. The entire staff was friendly and so accommodating. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Toochy
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013