“Excellent Hotel !!!”

Ranked #5 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Newcastle
“Excellent Hotel !!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just returned from an amazing 3 night stay at the Neorion Hotel Istanbul.
Located right next to all the main tourist sights, the hotel has a fantastic roof top terrace with breathtaking views across the city - ideal for unwinding after a busy day of sight seeing.
The rooms were modern and very clean, the staff were friendly and the breakfast was delicious.
The basement Spa is also a great feature with swimming pool and traditional Turkish massage on offer.
I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Istanbul.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear my guest;
It was our great pleasure to host you in Istanbul, in our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experinces with other people on this very important platform.

Hope to be together again.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci - The Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The staff members answered emails prior to arrival such as a particular shoe store or dental clinic for emergency attention upon arrival in Istanbul. No request considered to be difficult.
The location is very convenient. It is walking distance to the Grand Bazaar, Eminonu wharf and other eating and shopping establishments.
Their terrace has a good aerial view.
Highly recommended and must be booked asap as it was fully booked the weekend we stayed. We booked in May for Oct stay.
We now understand why Neorion has a good reputation.

• Stayed October 2012
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a great hotel and I would not stay anywhere else in Istanbul. Airport transfer arranged and there as promised. One way free if staying three nights and a discount for paying in cash! The location is perfect in walking distance to all the sights and with lovely places to eat and snack on your doorstop.
The staff make this hotel. We were given a warm welcome and a welcome drink. A map and some helpful advice and recommendations. When the room was not laid out bed wise as we wanted staff immediately came on and rectified the problem.
The breakfast was lovely as was the free meze lunch.
Staff went out of their way to help us and make us feel welcome. I had booked a room just for showers as we had a very late flight out and was given a discount as we were checking out early without even asking. I am very well travelled but this is one of the best examples of excellent customer service I have experienced. We were even given goodbye gifts. Did not get a chance to use the pool but went to look and it looked stunning. Would highly recommend. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The reviews are right. Lovely hotel, and great service. A real gem. A glass of wine at sundown overlooking the Bosphorus. Perfect. Location for sight seeing could not be better. The spa is fab and prices very reasonable.

• Stayed October 2012
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family

Owner of the Hotel
Mandurah
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Neorion is a wonderful hotel that I would happily return to again and again – it’s a destination in itself. It’s not just that the rooms are beautifully fitted and maintained, the public areas inviting and the food consistently delicious; the staff are efficient and treat guests with the care and empathy normally only given to good friends. And I did feel as though I was among friends. Above all else, it’s the staff who make this hotel such a delightful place to stay. Everyone from the front desk staff to the cleaners greeted us warmly and nothing we asked was too much trouble.
We arrived hours before check-in time after an all-night flight and were welcomed with an offer of breakfast and drinks. The reception staff assured us that a room would soon be ready and invited us to go to ‘our living room’ (aptly named, it’s so comfortable and inviting) with the Guest Relations Officer, who provided us with a map of Istanbul and discussed access to local attractions. Within 15 minutes our room was available and what a room it was! A bathroom with granite tiles and rain head shower, a superbly comfortable king size bed, complimentary water and tea and coffee (something we were to find is quite unusual in Turkish hotels), robes, and windows with double glazing to block the street noise. The Neorion is in the heart of the Old City, very central and close to tramlines, and being able to leave the buzz behind at the door is ideal.
The hotel provides a really tasty buffet breakfast with a wide range of choices. We were also delighted to discover that it offers meze during the afternoon, and a drink on the terrace overlooking the Bosphorous at night. And importantly, Neorion provides not only free wifi but two laptops with print capability for guests’ use. There really is nothing they haven’t thought of!
After our initial two nights at Neorion, we toured Turkey staying at 5 star hotels. None can compare to Neorion. We returned for two further visits and each time the staff remembered us and our needs. And what a pleasure it was to return.
We selected Neorion after reading the TripAdvisor reviews and our experience demonstrates how valuable the TripAdvisor reviews are. I can’t recommend Neorion highly enough.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the hotel are quietest
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Erskineite
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at the Neorion for 5 nights recently having booked it as a result of all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. It didn't disappoint and was everything I was expecting and more. The staff were always friendly and willing to help from the time of booking through to the end of our stay. Months before we stayed whenever I had a request or question, they would email me back almost straight away and nothing was ever too much trouble. The location was so central that we were pretty much walking distance to all the major sites. We were also surrounded by places to eat and shop which also made it very convenient. Breakfast was included and was always very delicious - offering a mix of traditional Turkish food as well as western. We would often come back to the hotel after a big morning of site seeing to find meze on offer after 1.00pm which was also really great. The decor is modern and the beds were just a dream to sleep on. My husband and I stayed in the same room with our 2 teenager girls and were were all very comfortable. We also traveled with another family who loved the place as much as we did. When we left, we were given a gift bag each which just topped off how lovely the whole experience was. I would definitely recommend a stay here and thank all the past reviews for their suggestion.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel which was really quiet whilst our friends stayed in a room at...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoJo110865
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed in a number of small hotels in Turkey, and this was the best, hands down.
The rooms were were not large, but extremely well appointed. Great lighting, bathrooms, robes, toiletries,etc. The lobby was very pretty. Breakfasts buffet was great, varied and plentiful, and they never ran out of coffee, which was very good. Nice jacuzzi and small pool in basement.
The service was perfect, beyond reproach. The roof garden has a great view of the city and they serve wine to guests at sunset. We will stay there again when we go back to Istanbul.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple