“Fantastic hotel with excellent staff!”
Review of Neorion Hotel

Neorion Hotel
Ranked #6 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
INGATESTONE
“Fantastic hotel with excellent staff!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The most impressive thing about this hotel is the staff. They are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. They really do make staying at the Neorion a pleasure.

Having said all that it would be wrong to ignore the hotel itself. Our room was on the 6th floor. It was spacious, nicely appointed and spotlessly clean. The bed was large and very comfortable. The bathroom has a seperate bath an shower (good water pressure for the shower as well!!).

The hotel's location is very close to many of the major tourist attractions.

All things considered there really is no reason to stay anywhere else when in Istanbul.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SJB007
My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Faruk Boyacı

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We only booked it based on all the good reviews. They are right ! It is in a great central location close to all the main sights.
The staff ,particularly Merve, who greeted us on arrival was amazingly friendly and helpful , a lovely smile and beautiful person !
Hope they can keep this up as the hotel is quite new , about 18 months.
The room sizes are good ,beds good and we wanted a very quiet room, so the one at the back was perfect ,couldn't hear a thing, a view of a wall,but we wanted a good sleep.
Breakfast was good too also free wifi internet.
A hint on taxis - the drivers are hopeless , and you MUST have a phone number of any destination so the driver can call to locate the place. Also check the meter is on, otherwise get another taxi ! Also none know this hotel because it is new..
It's rated a four star hotel ,but 5 stars to it's guests.
As far as we are concerned, we could not fault anything !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Roger D
Hope to see you soon.
Best Wishes from Istanbul Neorion Hotel Family,

Owner of the hotel
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel. It is a solid, moderate establishment, though I'm not sure why it's received its No. 1 ranking on this site.

The location is excellent, a short walk from all the major tourist sites such as Topkapi Palace, Haghia Sophia, and the Grand Bazaar (though note that because this is a tourist-oriented area, there's a dearth of decent places to eat nearby). Rooms and public spaces are spotlessly clean and moderately sized, with pleasantly bland furnishings. Beds are comfortable, the shower had good water pressure, and I never heard a peep from any of the neighboring rooms. The breakfast buffet is also good, with high-quality fruit and other noshes.

The staff was unfailingly pleasant, if not always on-the-ball. For example, I had arranged an airport transfer to the hotel, but the driver never showed up; when I called the hotel from the airport after a 20-minute wait, they offered to pay for me to take a taxi instead. The next day I asked the concierge to arrange an appointment for me at the Baths of Roxelana; she later told me she'd made an appointment at 5 pm, but when I got to the hammam they told me the appointment had actually been at 4 pm. Then they arranged an airport transfer on my way back to Ataturk - but, again, the driver didn't show on time, and I got there only 45 minutes before my flight took off - which the hotel staff swore would be sufficient time. But it turns out Turkish Airlines closes check-in an hour before their domestic flights, so I would've missed my plane if a Turkish Airlines employee hadn't taken pity on me. In other words, the hotel staff gets an A for effort, but only a B- in terms of actual execution. Still, overall, this is pretty good value for the money, and I doubt you'll find a better deal in Sultanahmet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
16 Thank AmoryB
My dearest guest,

I am Faruk Boyacı, the owner of the Neorion Hotel.
First of all, thank you very much for your review about our Hotel. We attach great importance to our guests' reviews, especially the criticing ones. Because they show us the missing points of a big picture.

As we underlined through our mail to you, I want to mention that I am really sorry about the transfer problem that you had. We are working with independent transfer company. However, this fault is not acceptable in any case. I want to underline that I warned the company in a really serious attitude.
In related with hamam appointment, we talked with to direclty hamam because reservation seems at 5 pm as you wanted to make it in our reservation records and they informed us they have same reservation details as at 5 pm on their record. It may be misunderstanding of staff at hamam and they mentioned their excuse.

It will be a real happiness for me whether one day we would have a chance to host you again at our hotels or restaurants.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for any need or question.

Best regards;

London, UK
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel was absolutely brilliant, I cannot fault it. From making a booking, the staff are there to take care of you, sending a welcoming email and inviting you to ask any questions. The hotel's website helpfully has directions from the airport to the hotel in Turkish. The staff are welcoming and speak perfect English. Our room was extremely comfortable and had a nice view of the city. There was a little dish of Turkish delight in the room upon arrival, and while typically we don't really enjoy this sweet, the type at the hotel was irresistible. The hotel provides breakfast and mezze throughout the day, which were delicious and plentiful. They will take care of dinner bookings for you; both recommendations were fantastic, we enjoyed them very much. Upon check-out, the staff gave us a little goodie bag of Turkish delight (hooray!), Turkish tea, and sweets. It was a lovely touch and a great way to end a fantastic weekend in Istanbul. Our only regret was that we were only there for a short weekend away. We would definitely like to come back, and would heartily recommend this hotel to anybody. Well done to the staff!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda L
Neorion H, Manager at Neorion Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dearest Guest
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We really appreciate your comments.
We want to make sure all of our guests are taken care of, so I am happy to hear that we were able to help you out.
Thank you for choosing us , we look forward to welcoming you back next time!
Best Wishes from Neorion Family,
los angeles
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Location is important, especially in Istanbul. You will learn very quickly that if it's not walking distance from a tram stop, it's not worth going. And tram stops are close to all the major sites. This hotel is close to two tram stops. 5-10 min. walk to Tokapi, Haggia Soffia and Blue Mosque. From there, two tram stops to Grand Bazaar, two stops to Bosphorus ferry and spice market. All the top rated TA restaurants are within 5min. walk. Stay 3 nights and your airport transfer is included. Combined that with a clean and spacious room with a powerful shower head, a friendly staff to cater to your every need, a roof terrace for you to enjoy the view and sunset with a free glass of wine, fantastic breakfast and free tapas all afternoon, what more do you need?

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank w8mui
gansbaai
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Neorion Hotel. We were treated like celebrities and their service and facilities were outstanding. The staff went out of their way to assist in every possible way.The breakfast, mezze and rooftop sunsets were unbelievable. The room was very neat and comfortable. The swimming pool and spa added to our enjoyment. We will definitely recommend anybody to stay there.
Francois and Deonora de Jongh, Gansbaai, South Africa

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank francois d
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Thsi is not a 5 Star luxury hotel, and if that's what you want then head to the Kempinski Ciragan Palace. This is a small tourist hotel in a very convenient location for the old town and the Grand Bazaar. What makes it stand out is the attention to detail in the service, and care, the extra touches that made the day we spent here one of the most pleasurable hotel experiences I can remember. Reception is small, but that really doesn't matter as you will be sat down with a glass of something and offered Turkish delight while they check you in. Unless of course it is between 1pm and 7pm which is Mezze Hour and there are snacks and gorgeous little things awaiting your delectation in the lobby. When the Mezze stops the rooftop sunset drinks begin. The staff could not have been more helpful in organising a tour guide, and anything else we needed. Free wifi throughout was good as well. So I recommend this hotel completely. The rooms are not brilliant, but they are very modern and clean. The magic of this hotel is in its staff, and I will certainly be staying again and saving 500 Euros a night on the cost of a Bosphorous hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are quiet but look out on a wall, the front rooms have a nicer view but have...