3,155 results
All reviewsafternoon mezerooftop terraceturkish delightfree mezzeold cityfree afternoonblue mosqueturkish bathgrand bazaarwithin walking distancespice marketmajor sitesturkeygalata bridgefamily roomthe hotel offershagia sophia
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed 3 days at the Neorion and would be pressed to find a fault with the hotel. Our only complaint was that not all taxi drivers know about the hotel and that is not the fault of the hotel. We arrived early after leaving a cruise and the room was not available but that was expected, we were offered breakfast, not expected. We had arranged with the hotel a guide for the morning and next day. Ms Betul Basak suggested by the hotel proved to be ideal for our needs.
When we did get back our room was ready. It was well appointed and had one of the best showers we encountered in our 4 week trip. We had a room on the front and were able to watch the rooks nesting in the tree outside our small balcony. There were no noise issues another plus from this well located hotel. All of the main attractions are in walking distance or a short tram ride from the nearby station.
A pleasant surprise was the sunset drinks on the roof top each evening. Wine and nuts were provide free to those who watched the sun set over the Suleymaniye Mosque. During the afternoon mezzes are available in the lobby/breakfast area too. Add to this a fabulous staff that really do look after you and it makes for a great package. We didnt use the steam rooms in the basement but the looked clean and well set up.
We took advantage of the 11% discount for cash and free airport transfer available if you stay 3 nights or more.

boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

My dearest guest,

Such comments motivates us more than anything and shows us we are on the right path.

Kind regards,

Faruk Boyaci

Reviewed May 24, 2012

What did we like about this hotel during our four night stay in may 2012?

1. The location: Perfect. In the centre of all the major tourist sights, but quite rooms.
2. The room was a delight. Super comfortable beds, clean and attractive rooms.
3. The staff: Friendly, efficient and thoughtful. We were delighted to receive a small gift for my wife on her birthday whilst staying there. A little thing; but nice.
4. Breakfast: Delightful. This is certainly NOT a continental breakfast. You wont need lunch after the choices presented in the comfortable dining area.
5. Wi-fi: Easy, and it worked. All inclusive in the price.

Sorry to be leaving as this hotel was very, very good.

Room Tip: Try and avoid rooms that are facing the road. Although with double glazing it really isn't a problem.
2  Thank pisang
boyaci, Owner at Neorion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Dear our guest;

Reviewed May 23, 2012

After reading the reviews on the Neorion, we decided to book it and the reviews were right on the money.
The Neorion Hotel was perfect in every way. They will arrange to send a car to the airport if you request (25 Euros) and it is worth every penny. Driving in Istanbul is quite an experience. Tip: at the airport don't look for your name, look for the Hotel name.
When you arrive at the hotel, they will greet you and offer you a complimentary glass of wine or beer or coffee while they show you a map of all the tourist attractions.
The rooms are very comfortable and the washrooms are all marble and spotless.
A breakfast buffet is included in the room rate and it has an extensive selection - you couldn't possibly go away hungry.
Also, every afternoon there is a buffet of small dishes i.e. soup, salads, mini sandwiches, cookies, etc. which is set our for a couple of hours for guests of the hotel. A very nice touch I thought.
At sundown, they offer a glass of wine on their rooftop terrace while you watch the sunset.
The staff go to great lengths to make sure that you enjoy your time at the hotel.
We were leaving on a cruise and didn't have to be on board until 3:00 p.m. The hotel let us use our room until 1:00 p.m. and then they stored our luggage until we were ready to leave. They called a taxi for us and negotiated the price (very important).
Istanbul was the highlight of our trip and part of the reason was definitely the Neorion Hotel

Room Tip: We tried for a Superior Room but they were all booked but the room we had was a good size and had everything you would need. The dish of Turkish Delight was such a nice touch.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

My dearest guest,
I am Faruk Boyacı,the owner of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your review about Neorion Hotel on tripadvisor.I appreciate your kind comments.
Accepting you also as a member of Neorion Hotel Family, we will be very happy to host you with the same passion in Neorion Hotel when you come back to Istanbul.
Warm regards from Istanbul,

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our stay at Neorion Hotel was one of the most memorable experience while travelling abroad. To begin with the staff was extremely hospitable and courteous. We were give a warm welcome which set the tone for the entire Istanbul experience. The room though tad small then we thought but was very well kept. The staff actually went out of the way to provide for little things we needed. Food was good, the breakfast in particular had a sumptuous spread.The hotel also served a Mezz which gives u the much needed mid day snack. The hotel is also very well located with tram station right next to it and most of the monuments in walkable distance. For the next visit to Istanbul whenever it happens, we are definitely staying with Neorion again.

1  Thank Tarun W

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here for five nights at the start of three weeks of travel in Turkey and were happy to return for a final night before flying home. The room was fairly large by European standards, and very clean and bright. Nice shower and amenities. But the best thing was the service and attitude of the people who run the hotel. Before coming here, I emailed numerous times about restaurants, tours, etc. and the hotel responded with helpful information, generally within two hours. When they learned it was my birthday, a gift of a Turkish tea set was left in the room. Like most Istanbul hotels, breakfast is included in the price. What the Neorion didn't advertise is that there is also a small but good mezze selection from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. as well. And a complimentary glass of wine on the rooftop terrace at sunset. They were nice little gestures that showed a generousity that you don't find in all hotels. The location is about a 10-minute walk from the Blue Mosque, etc. It was nice to be that close to the sites, but also be able to explore a bit of a neighbourhood with it being a wee bit off the beaten track as well. I'd definitely return.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family