“Excellent location and excellent rooms”

Sura Design Hotel & Suites
Ranked #104 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The hotel is within 10 minute walking distance to all the main attractions. The check-in could have been smoother as we were got the room 1 hour late than the checkin time of 2pm. Our room was well decorated with good facilities in the room. My wife and I loved the decor of the room. The breakfast was too good with loads of options. The staff were very helpfull as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sura Design Hotel & Suites

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Sura Hotel was such a good hotel! From the moment I booked it the General Manager answered all my questions, made all the arrangements that I requested, was so helpful regarding everything etc. When we arrived the lobby staff couldn't have been more helpful, kind and over all superb. The restaurant Sura Kebab was lovely, great food, great wine and absolutely great staff. Breakfast was also good. The rooms were spacious, super nicely decorated, and great in every way. The hotel was located at a perfect place, right near the tram line, Blue Mosque and near to Hagia Sofia. The only problem was that cab drivers had a problem finding the hotel, but the hotel had great cards that you could take with you that helped the driver to find the way. The staff also helped us with everything we needed. We also had a conference during our stay at the hotel and it was very nicely arranged. Great value! Great Staff! Great hotel!

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms were spacious and very nicely decorated.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights in November 2012 and enjoyed it very much. Perfect location, quite but very central, in fact as central as it can possibly get in Sulthanamet. 5 minutes from Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque. Lots of restaurants and the Sulthanamet tram stop around. The staff was very attentive and helpful. A big breakfast buffet with Turkish and western elements. It was a great start into the day for us. Obviously style is a matter of taste. We liked it. Our twin beds were a little small but comfortable. Our room was very clean and quite. Would definitely recommend the Sura Hotel my friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denneo
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

New hotel . Make sure to ask for. Room facing the street . No cars allowed so quiet plus you are across from the archives . If you are in the back you smell the coal ? Fumes . Room will reek . Rooms are smallest but nicely appointed .

2  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Sura is a close walk to the main sites in Istanbul - Aya Sophia, Blue Mosque, Cistern - and the street tram, which is also a few min walk from the hotel, makes it easy to get to other major sites.

The decor of the place is very original and a bit mad. The rooms are big in general. Strange thing is that there are no drawers in the room at all. The sink is a bit low for someone who is 5'6". The beds are quite soft, but comfortable enough. Had a garden facing room and that was very nice. iPod speaker/ charger is a nice touch. Breakfast buffet is generous with lots of good cold and hot items. Very good value.

Drawbacks: You can hear the call-to-prayer in the morning, but I manage to go back to sleep afterwards. The service of the hotel is a bit sporadic and it depends on who you get - for instance, I had turn down one night out of the four nights I was there. Replenishment of amenities and towels also varied. Though check in time is at 14:00, I didn't get my room till 14:30. Despite these inconveniences, the hotels location and general positive attitude make me think that I wouldn't mind coming back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cosmic_dot
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed five nights at the Sura. I can't say enough about it. Central location, very close to Blue Mosque and Haghia Sophia and a short walk to the Grand Bazaar. Many good restaurants very close by including the hotels own restaurant.
Concierge was great, worked hard to please.
All the staff was great and helpful.
Our room was really nicely decorated and modern.
I would definately recommend this hotel, good value.
Next time I'm in Istanbul, I will definately stay at the Sura.

Room Tip: Upon arrival our taxi driver had a hard time finding the hotel, directions in Turkish are a good ide...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WannaGetGoing
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Been there last month .. it was for 5 nights; I had two connected rooms in the 2nd floor. Lovely clean spotless room. Modern amenities and great service. The food; breakfast was excellent plenty of option with fresh juice and bakery and an eggs station. We had dinner at the Sura Kebab House it was just great fresh and testy. Location is perfect a few steps from Aya Sofya – Topkappi Palace – blue Mosque – Grand Bazar is about ten minutes away. I really recommend it for family and couples as well. I am sure coming back to Sura Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Istanbul hotels
Sura Hagia Sophia Hotel
Sura Hagia Sophia Hotel
#121 of 1,159 in Istanbul
GLK PREMIER Regency Suites & Spa
GLK PREMIER Acropol Suites & Spa
GLK PREMIER Sea Mansion Suites & Spa
GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa
Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet

Been to Sura Design Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sura Design Hotel & Suites

Address: Divanyolu Cad. Alemdar Mah. Ticarethane Sok. No:45, Istanbul 34122, Turkey
Location: Turkey > Istanbul > Sultanahmet
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #104 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Price Range: $101 - $192 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Sura Design Hotel & Suites 5*
Sura Hotel is located in the Sultanahmet district,which still protects their authentic historical beauty all through the challenging years.The 60 innovative designed rooms and suites,welcomes you with the latest features in comfort and style for our guest's. Each place reflects fresh and contemporary style.This pure luxury hotel allows its guests a chance to discover the glorious historical places such as Topkapi Palace,Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Grand Bazaar ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sura Design Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.