“On the edge of Europe”

Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler
Ranked #99 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel. While some might criticize it's location, it's actually very convenient to a number of things in Istanbul. The central business district is just a short taxi ride away and it is very close to the trendy restaurants in Bebek and Etelier. And it's right on the edge of Europe just across the bridge (that you can see from the hotel) to the Asia side of Istanbul. The other benefit is that being near to the highway, it's actually convenient to get to the airport. You don't have to wind your way through local streets to get to the airport.

My experience with the staff, the facilities and the food was outstanding. It's a very unique, modern hotel and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Istanbul.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Michael C
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay in March and you had a memorable time with us as well as appreciating our newly opened hotel, our valuable staff, food and facilities of the hotel. Our location is indeed ideal for moving around whether you come for business or leisure purposes and we believe that your kind reccommendations are really important for tripadvisor followers.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are sure we will meet again very soon.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at Le Meridien istanbul for 2 days and it was all marvellous.. The perfect service started when i arrived, they knew my name! More than that there was a spanish speaking receptionist waiting for me and even asked me if i preferred speaking spanish. I was given perfect information about the hotel then the city then i went to my room and it was great. The hotel is a bit far away the center but close to the Bosphorus area which is the best part of the city. I had dinner at the restaurant and it was really delicious, too. Overall i strongly recommend Le Meridien istanbul for everybody and i would like to thank to all proffesional staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a see view room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank adventurerjose

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler and for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay and that you had a most enjoyable time with us as well as appreciating our valuable staff. I have shared your comments with the team also. We are happy to hear that you had a chance to discover the neighbourhood of the hotel as well as Bosphorus.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Spent couple of days there for business until I switched for the week-end for the W Hotel which is more in the center.
Let me get it straight, the entire experience at Le Meriden Etiler was, BY FAR, above the one at the W Hotel (why on earth this Le Meriden is SPG 5 while W Hotel is SPG 6, this should definitely be the opposite !!). OK it os not in the historical part of the city but few minutes away by Taxi, it worth it. I regret I changed for the week-end.
The Hotel is brand new and designed in a nice contemporary/modern style.
The rooms are stylish, very well equipped and the view is just amazing (and I did not have a Bosphorus view), I was at the 22nd floor. I'm recommending to ask for the highest floor as possible.
Access to the Spa, fitness center (latest techno) and the indoor swimming pool was included in the price of the room and I definitely recommend trying it, it is above standards ! Treatments are a little pricy but i've never seen any lower prices anywhere (except maybe in Thailand)
The restaurant is also another great experience for a reasonable price (I'm from Paris where I would have pay 70% more for the same quality) :
1/the breakfast buffet is very high level (and I can tell you that I can compare it with many many others...including the poor one I experienced at the W Hotel Istanbul)
2/The menu for dinner is huge and everything seemed tasty. I went there two times and did not regret it at all (very good memories of their reinterpretation of turkish delights as hot starter)
A bit annoying, though, to have to answer every 10 min if everything is OK.

Don't leave that hotel without visiting the 34st floor and the view from the terrace where you'll definitely want to FaceTime/Skype your friends/family :)

Globally, each time I had to ask for something, I had my request met in time.

Two bemols :
-> wireless access to the internet requires to get a code on a paper voucher (even in the public area where it is free) which is a little bit old school AND, even though I was not charged for it at the end, the catalog price is a surrealistic 19 EUR/day
-> The hotel was not completely finished at the time I was there. Pay attention to this if you intend to sleep late during the week unless you like being woken up by hammering and drilling. I've been told they'll officially open on May 12

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ggpublic
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler.

It is a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding to Explore Spa and Fitness, food, view from BOAZ Bar at 34th floor and design of the hotel. I would like to inform you kindly about the internet connection system, this paper system will be switched to an online system in few weeks and we believe this will be more comfortable for all of our guests. Please accept our sincere apologies about the construction noise, which is a temporary issue and limited to the daytime between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. The hotel is almost ready only a few little touch ups in some areas are necessary to finalize the building.

I have shared your comments with the team. Once again, thank you for posting your kind comments and for choosing to stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We chose this hotel for our trip to Istanbul from March 27th till 4th April. The Trip was paid through cash and SPG points. A brand new property with the amazing views of the Bosphorous sea. To our surprise the Front Office Manager Ali Kaymak was awaiting in front of the building to receive us. Management upgraded us to a Deleux ocean view room. The Guest relation Manager Elif Aydinligil and her team were attentive and personally called us or visited our room to make sure every thing was alright almost every day. Mr Ozan Guner and Ms Esgee from the concerge service were very prompt in booking our daily tours and transport. The Breakfast was Buffet on the 4th floor resturant very spacious and filled with variety of juices, local fruits, breads and cereals. It was little pricy but will keep you filled for a while. After 3 nights stay we were moved and up gradded to a mini suite. Thanks to the Management. We had few issues regarding the rooms itself. At 1.30AM the fire alarm started sounding, the door to the balcony did not close and the center table was shaking not stable. All the issues were resolved by one phone call to the customer service. I really praize the whole staff and the Management for the efficent and prompt service. I will definetly recommend to any body visiting Istanbul and me and my wife are again planning to travel to turkey in April 2013.

Room Tip: Request for mini suite on 20th floor with Basphorous view to enjoy the passing ships and jammed traf...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear SPG Guest

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay and that you had a great time with us as well as in the city. It was encouraging to learn that you appreciated the level of personal service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with all of them. I was also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast selections of the hotel as well as your Executive Suite.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are sure we will meet again in your next visit to Istanbul.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was in Istanbul for a week and since I am a travel agent, I booked 3 different hotels to get a feel for different types of hotels and different neighborhoods. Le Meridien was booked for the last 2 nights since it is farther away from the downtown area and it would be a great place for us to relax after a busy week. We were coming from The House Hotel Bosphorus and the manager had a friend who worked at Le Meridien so gave a heads up that we were coming. Although her friend greeted us and sent us up a bottle of wine, that was the only redeeming part of the stay. Before going to our room, we asked to exchange our dollars to liras. They said they did not have any bills. We then asked if we could change our 20 lira to smaller bills so we could tip but they also couldn't do that. A gentleman took us to our room and showed us everything which was very nice. Once settled in, we called about internet and they said we would need a passcode brought to us. We requested that along with a converter. 10 min after we called we wanted to go down to the whirlpool before we got to tired but had to wait for them to bring us our stuff. Next thing you know, we wake up to a knocking on our door 45 min later. And they forgot the passcode! I was too pissed at that point to complain and went down to the spa area. We got back to the room and decided to relax in front of the TV. None of the channels were working and when we called were told that they were experiencing a problem. Great, no TV, no internet. The next morning we called about the internet. You have the option to pay hourly or for 24 hours. Since both of us needed to work, we chose 24 hours which was about $25. We soon realized that the passcode is per person, not per room. If you both want to use the passcode, the person needs to log off the system before another person can log on using the passcode. Its ridiculous enough to pay $25 for internet but to not even allow both people in the room to use it is even more stupid in addition to having to have someone bring you a passcode. For a brand new hotel, it was very old school. We went down to the breakfast buffet which was not that good and a total rip off. I was ok with paying $35 for the buffet at the Swissotel because it was amazing and had everything you wanted. To pay $40 at this one which didn't have that big of a selection was extremely disappointing. Add another negative to the list. We went back to the room to finish up some work. My boyfriend was unable to log off the internet in order for me to log on. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. I emailed the manager at the House Hotel to see if she had any availability. She was booked but was able to get us a room with a discount (amazing considering it was Congress Week) at the House Hotel Nishantishi. We were packed up and ready to go in 10 min. When we went to check out, we asked for change for our bigger bills as we still wanted to tip the bellboy etc. Still no change. I went over to their cafe and was told the same. The guy checking me out never once asked me how my stay was or why I was checking out early. When we went out to get a cab, the bellman out there finally asked how our stay was. When I told him not good, he was very surprised that they front desk didn't ask why we were checking out early. At this point, I wasn't surprised. It went along with the rest of the stay. Being a travel agent and flagged as someone to take care of, I would've expected at least the normal 5 star service that Le Meridien is supposed to provide. Swissotel and the House Hotel upgraded me to amazing suites because I'm a travel agent. Both gave service that was beyond 5 star. I didn't even get 2 star service at Le Meridien. I would never return to this hotel again with all the other 5 star hotels in Istanbul that are also in walking distance of fun neighborhoods. Not worth the money or time!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MissBabblicious
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, General Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler.

It goes without saying that it is embarrassing to read your comments and I wished you had asked for myself so that I should have taken corrective action right away. I totally agree that experiences like changing money, inconveniences about TV and Internet, not showing the necessary attention for your early check outs, are clear deficiencies about our services and I do want to sincerely apologies for this.

Please rest assured that all points are being adressed within the team and precautions are taken that similar incidents are not likely to happen again. I do not want to use the excuse that the hotel has newly opened, as many trainings took place to prepare the team to get the standards right, but obviously we failed to deliver on our promises.

I realize that your faith in our service capability might indeed be shattered, but I would be thankful if you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you on your future travels to Istanbul. This would also be a chance to take personal care of your wellbeing and ensure that you obtain all the conveniences the Le Méridien brand is usually known for.

Sincerely yours

Michael Schlueter
Le Méridien Istanbul Etiler

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great location, great staff and fabulous food. Nobody could do enough for us whilst we were there. Can't fault the hotel and would definitely stay there again. Really can't say anything else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the square - great for peole watching
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We chose this hotel for our trip to Istanbul as we were able to book nights wih points. As usual with LeMeridien we were not dissappointed, the hotel is very new and the staff highly attentive. We received an upgrade to an amazing suite, great views of the Bosporus. Wonderful new SPA area, breakfast the usual wonderful. Keep

In terms of location the hotel is in a very good area of Istanbul, close to Bebek, one of the nicest villages on the Bosporus. To get to town, u can either get a cab to the metro and then it's 10 minutes to Taksim, or get a cab, which is recommended to get to the old town. Depending in traffic this can take a while. This is the only downside of this hotel when in Istanbul for tourism. for business the location is ideal.

Room Tip: Try to Gera view of the Bosporus
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
LM-Istanbul-Etiler, Manager at Le Meridien Istanbul Etiler, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear SPG Guest,

It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments regarding your stay and that you had a nice city experience while staying with us as well as appreciating your suite room with stunning Bosphorus view. Most of our rooms have Bosphorus view, and we will be happy to offer you best alternatives according to our availability. Our location is indeed ideal for moving around whether you come for business or leisure purpose, and we thank you for sharing the local attraction informations with the community. It was encouraging to learn that you appreciated the level of service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with all of them. We were also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast selections of the hotel.