“Wonderful stay in Kostantinoupoli”
Review of Minel Hotel

Minel Hotel
Ranked #213 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Athens, Greece
“Wonderful stay in Kostantinoupoli”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The hotel is perfectly situated in the old town of Konstantinoupoli and the street is very quite. The owners are very helpful, friendly and willing, you will enjoy the atmosphere of the place. The only thing to take in consideration is the size of the rooms, are really small. Don't hesitate is a perfect solution!

1 Thank Eirini K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed August 9, 2011

what an excellent hotel! Metin and his staff were very great people and very helpful and friendly. They gave us lots of tips about the city. The hotel is new and the rooms are beautiful and very clean. And what a great location! Walking distance to all touristic places.
I definitely recomend this hotel and I want to come back to Istanbul and stay there again! Thanks Metin and all the staff for the excellent stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ipinheiro81
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed in this hotel just for two nights at the end of our trip in Turkey but I was so impressed that I wanted to stay longer. The rooms are very nice designed, for breakfast you can have anything from eggs to fruits. The manager of the hotel is a very nice guy and very friendly. Also the location of the hotel is in the Sultanahmet which is the center of Istanbul. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We had one night in Istanbul before our trip really began. We wanted to be as close to the "touristy" stuff as we could so we could maximize our site-seeing and because the rest of our stay in Istanbul was to be in Beyoglu. We didn't want to stay in a hostel, and didn't want to spend a lot... and we also have pretty high standards when it comes to clean/modern... Luckily we found The Minel!

Firstly, the place looks as cute as the photos on Trip Advisor. A very well-designed modern, cute and clean hotel. The room was tiny, but the design was so well done that we didn't miss the space at all. The bathroom was great... all new everything. For the price, we could not have asked for more.

On top of the location and look of the hotel, the owner/host and staff were very friendly, helpful and welcoming. We enjoyed talking with them, and when we showed up 2 hours before check-in time, they offered us some Turkish coffee and had our room ready about 40 minutes later. After a long trip there, we were incredibly happy about this!

I would say the only thing I would mention as not being great is the noise of the other guest's doors closing. We didn't notice any street noise or anything, but there were a couple of guests who were a bit noisy when walking down to the first floor. It wasn't enough to bother us... we had ear plugs with us, but didn't need them in the end... it was a minor detail.

The breakfast was better than the nicer hotels we stayed at on our trip, and tea/coffee at all times was lovely.

Upon leaving, they helped us get a taxi and helped carry our bags... I offered a tip, and it was very politely refused with a smile. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to a friend traveling to Istanbul or to anyone looking for a great deal in the middle of Sultanahmet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank avideno
Kocevje Slovenia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This has to be one of the best hotels for the price I've ever been to. The rooms are modern looking and very inviting. Food for breakfast is also exceptional, it was the only place in Turkey where I stayed that had gozleme for breakfast (and I've been into 6 different hotels, guesthouses etc. on my trip), which is a Turkish dish that I really loved. Also it is located in the Sultanahmet area which is the old town center, so all the main attractions you want to see are within walking distance. And how can I not mention the host, he is very hospitable, talkative, but not intrusive, a great person overall.

I hope some of you who will read this will find it helpful, because if I ever return to Istanbul I already know where I'd be staying

roma
Reviewed July 31, 2011

the staff is very polite and friendly, rooms basic but modern, clean and functional, rich and tasty breakfast, and of course tea and coffee whenever you want! The hotel's location is also very strategic: just in Sultanamet, and close to all means of transport to reach every other area of Istanbul in a short time

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank francesca065Roma
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My days at Minel were amazing. Metin and Muhamed are extremely friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wish to know Istanbul that is, by the way, an awesome city. Going back to Istanbul I pretend to be again at Minel and hope to meet Metin and Muhamed again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends