“It's not the Hilton but good for what you pay for”
Review of Ayasultan Hotel

Ayasultan Hotel
Ranked #328 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We spend six nights at the Ayasultan,breakfast was ok.Staff friendly,rooms clean.Found the reception desk staff great.

Room Tip: Very close to most of the World Heritage Sites
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ayasultan Hotel

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Was fine for what we wanted: a clean place to sleep after a long day of seeing the sights. Was clean, staff was friendly, free wifi, good TV. The beds were comfortable and big. The breakfast was fine in the morning. Nothing amazing but again provided enough fuel for the day. It is in a solid location, close to the mosques and government building. Not far from the port where you can do a cruise. Overall, if you are just going to sleep in the hotel and do not care about all the extra’s, given the price, this was a very solid hotel and would recommend it for a tourist trip to Istanbul.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SophieTravel_12
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Good location - that is where it ends.

Staff is all out to rip you. Construction work is on with drill machines ripping thru your room for four hours a day and management threatens you to shut up if you want your good. Breakfast is very poor quality with no hot food. People walk into your rooms when they want. Families are not secure there.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank J P
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night when I visited Istanbul for 7 days last March. I actually stayed at three different hotels due to schedule mix-up and an overbooking (which was the other hotel's fault anyways) so I think I have a fair comparison to make among the three.

First of all, the location of this hotel is just superb; cannot get better than this. It's just minutes' walk from the Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia. It's literally just a minute away from the main street which has all the restaurants and tourist attractions. You can also walk to the Grand Bazaar fairly easily. The other hotels I stayed were fairly close to this strip but it was still about 10 minutes walk.

I was also impressed with the size of the room and the cleanliness. I think hotels in Istanbul are just generally small and has really small bathrooms; compared to the other hotels I had stayed, this was pretty sizable and roomy. It was super clean too. I was also happy with how friendly the staff were. Some of them had a hard time understanding English but as long as you slow down and use gesture, it's pretty easy to communicate with them. My flight was at 10 o'clock in the morning and I had to leave to the airport at 6:30am, which was before the breakfast buffet started. They called me that the breakfast buffet was ready, and when I said it's ok, they offered me to deliver the food to my room. They didn't have to but I thought it was super nice of them.

The rates weren't that bad either. I paid about $80 for the night; I think the value for the money was really good.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. I'd stay at this place again if I have the chance to visit Istanbul again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kristenmama
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We were very happy with this choice and would recommend it to any familly.
The rooms are quite lovely. Location (old city), facilities, atmosphere, staff and food were very good quality, we simply could not have asked for a more enjoyable holiday with our kids. Staff are always there willing to help and always have a smile on their faces.
I thoroughly recommend Ayasultan hotel to anyone .
Stayed May 2012, traveled with family (two kids 8 and 11 , two adults)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank aganovic
Reviewed May 19, 2012

definitely do not recommend a hotel in a very bad ... not at all happy ...everyone working in day clothes ...very bad one word

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jenya e
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is, of course, the location. It's right in the heart of Sultanahmet. My first impression of my room was surprise at how light it was for being a basement room. It was quite small, but that wasn't an issue for me as a single traveler. Things kinda went downhill from there.

The room had a desk, but no chair, and bath towels but no hand towel (there was a ring for one in the bathroom or I would've just assumed they don't use hand towels in Turkey). A little while after I got there cigarette smoke started seeping in through the window. Turns out my room was right below the entrance, and since it's a non-smoking hotel people gather right outside to smoke. I asked if there was any other room available and they said no, they wanted to give me a better room when I checked in, but they were completely booked. Okay, if they knew this room was unliveable, why not fix the problem or save it as a last-minute room so it only goes to people who know what they're getting into.

Finally, despite my having locked the deadbolt, someone opened my door without even knocking. So, that left me a tad concerned about safety. I really wanted to give this hotel more stars, because they were very friendly and it's so convenient, but based on my experience I just can't.

• Stayed: May 2012