“Nice Location”
Review of Taksim Line Hotel

Taksim Line Hotel
Ranked #500 of 1,071 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My room was clean, modern and comfortable. I had a single room and it was compact but efficient. Note: this is a hotel where you do have to put the key in by the door to get the lights to work, but it means you won’t misplace the key once inside!

There is a dip into the elevator, it’s the floor, not the floor of the elevator and is only on the floor that the lobby is on.

The first night I took a shower, I was concerned I was going to flood the bathroom and it would soak into the carpet of the room. Unlike other Turkish bathrooms, the shower it at floor level here… The drain didn’t want to drain, and I soaked two towels taking a quick shower. The drain can be rigged- pull off the cover and wedge the package for the q-tips (cotton swabs) and a sea won’t be created at your feet. It’s a drain that theoretically should open when there is water by the weight alone, but it doesn’t work… or rather it did not in my room.

At the elevator there is a sign stating not to bring in outside food or drink. It’s not enforced, I walked by blatantly with a Starbucks cup in my hand and on day one I had a bag of groceries. The mini fridge is RADICALLY over-priced. It was two EURO for a bottle of water, nothing fancy. There is a shop in Taksim, right by Bambi’s (on the side with all the fast food venders) that is cheap, it should be half a lira for a bottle of water, and it’s not the same brand as the hotel so it should not be confused.

Skip the hotel café unless you are hungry beyond all get out and need some convenience. It is also loud, but the food is reasonably priced and not bad (ten Lira for a Coke, hamburger and fries). Taksim is an EASY walk up the street, it’s a block if you go up, or you can turn right at the door and go up a side street. The hotel reception tried to tell me it was a half-hour… the guy on the first day was also trying to sell me on sight-seeing, telling me he could give me ten percent off because he had a friend, it was priced in Euros, not Lira.

The wi-fi was an issue when staying at the hotel. There are only a couple of English speaking staff. There was a young man at the desk, in black (the English speakers wore white) who tried to blame me for the wireless not working on my computer. He then got another staff member to help but was very rude.

To use the Turkish Bath/sauna/gym downstairs you must have a reservation but no one was using it when I was there.

The breakfast spread is good- nothing too fancy but the service is good.

Room Tip: Check booking on other websites, it may be cheaper.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank alandmei
There are newer reviews for Taksim Line Hotel

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I booked for a 11 nights stay at taksim life. On arrival I was told my booking was cancelled and they will organise somewhere else for me to stay. My luggage was left at the hotel lobby and on foot I was taken to a couple of different hotels. I ended up choosing one only because my child was not feeling well and we were tired from a long flight from Australia. I gave the gentleman the money, got no receipt we went back to the hotel he put my luggage into a cab and directed the cab driver to my new hotel and said the lady will pay you 25 lira for the cab fair. Initially he was very apologetic about the cancellation and said to me don't worry we will get you another hotel and I will send your luggage over, then to tell the cab driver that I was going to pay for the fair was not on. I disagreed and he was like ok ok I will pay the cab driver from my own wage very rudely.. I later checked on bookings.com the rates for our new accommodation and he insisted he gave us a cheap rate cos of the inconvenience I was charged more. 10 euros more that it was advertised...they were very unprofessional and rude especially after he got the money. I will not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Sevdali
Reviewed April 17, 2012

This hotel looked good in the photos, but our 7 days (four rooms) there were not good. When we checked in, they ran the total cost of the week on our credit card, which we thought was strange. Later, we figured that that way you have a harder time switching hotels mid-stay. From that point on it was just one thing after another....to name a few: wifi only worked 2 out of the 7 days, the phone in one room did not work at all, the showers flooded (3 in. deep in bathrm), the handheld shower fell off the wall, a window fell out of its frame when opened, a disgusting sewer smell came up out of toilet, returning to one of the rooms at end of day we discovered that someone had used the bathroom while we were out (shaved in the sink!), the heat blasted in some rooms and could not be adjusted, one night at 2am a guest barged into one of our rooms -- he had been given key and told that it was his rm. Those are things the hotel could have prevented. In addition, the location is not good....close to Taksim Square but on a four-lane very busy street that was loud with honking and people yelling at ALL hours. Some of the staff were friendly and we felt badly for them because they must deal with a lot of complaints. With all of the hotels around Taksim Square, if you have to stay in the neighborhood there is NO reason to stay here.

Room Tip: No good rooms....the newer rooms are quieter but they have the smelly toilets. The older rooms don...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank NeverDidNoWanderin
Reviewed April 11, 2012

very little but nice room, still under construction. terrible smell from toilet. extremely humid and conditioner not working. rooms were not very clean. part of the staff was friendly, but the rest was terrible. the fact that from our save 450 Euro were stolen seemed not to concern them. They ask you to pay the total amount at your arrival and without having a look to the room. The price is higher then said at the reservation. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 122maximilian
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My first impressions of this hotel weren't great as despite my booking, and notifying the hotel that we'd be arriving late, they'd given away our room on the first night. They recommended another hotel which turned out to be a 2 star and more expensive. I wasn't impressed but at 11pm, after hours of travelling there wasn't much I could do.

Despite the first night issue, we arrived the following morning at 10am and a room was given to us straight away.

The room was small but well equipped, was clean and modern. Yes, it can be noisy at night but you're right in the heart of Taksim and at the top of Istiklal street. A perfect location for everything you want to enjoy in Istanbul!

Both bedroom and bathroom were well equipped and perfect for a base camp!

The staff were friendly and helpful and we had no problem communicating with them and the Internet worked fine!

I would stay at this hotel again, if only they can guarantee that there'll be a room available on my arrival!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chrissym38
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed in Taksim Life for 6 nights in august 2011.Hotel stuff were just lovely and helpfull.Rooms were very very clean and nice decorated.Railway,bus station and metro was very near this place.Thank you for this nice hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Murat S
Reviewed November 8, 2011

l have made my reservation by booking.com for my summer holiday.Hotel stuff were just lovely and helpfull.Rooms were very very clean and nice decorated.Taksim Square is far away only 50 metres.Railway,bus station and metro was very close.Thank you for this nice hospitality...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business