“unfriendly staff, money stolen from safe”
Review of Taksim Line Hotel

Taksim Line Hotel
Ranked #491 of 1,070 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 11, 2012

very little but nice room, still under construction. terrible smell from toilet. extremely humid and conditioner not working. rooms were not very clean. part of the staff was friendly, but the rest was terrible. the fact that from our save 450 Euro were stolen seemed not to concern them. They ask you to pay the total amount at your arrival and without having a look to the room. The price is higher then said at the reservation. NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 122maximilian
There are newer reviews for Taksim Line Hotel

Reviewed April 5, 2012

My first impressions of this hotel weren't great as despite my booking, and notifying the hotel that we'd be arriving late, they'd given away our room on the first night. They recommended another hotel which turned out to be a 2 star and more expensive. I wasn't impressed but at 11pm, after hours of travelling there wasn't much I could do.

Despite the first night issue, we arrived the following morning at 10am and a room was given to us straight away.

The room was small but well equipped, was clean and modern. Yes, it can be noisy at night but you're right in the heart of Taksim and at the top of Istiklal street. A perfect location for everything you want to enjoy in Istanbul!

Both bedroom and bathroom were well equipped and perfect for a base camp!

The staff were friendly and helpful and we had no problem communicating with them and the Internet worked fine!

I would stay at this hotel again, if only they can guarantee that there'll be a room available on my arrival!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chrissym38
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed in Taksim Life for 6 nights in august 2011.Hotel stuff were just lovely and helpfull.Rooms were very very clean and nice decorated.Railway,bus station and metro was very near this place.Thank you for this nice hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Murat S
Reviewed November 8, 2011

l have made my reservation by booking.com for my summer holiday.Hotel stuff were just lovely and helpfull.Rooms were very very clean and nice decorated.Taksim Square is far away only 50 metres.Railway,bus station and metro was very close.Thank you for this nice hospitality...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Ay_e_E293934
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed in Taksim Life for 4 nights in september 2011.
Location is fine, near the Taksim square. Internet is not working and they are lying about having a provider problem and getting it fixed 'today', which is not true.
I was there for business reasons, so this was a problem for me. Service is not good either.
What the worst part was, was that they told me that only the first night was cashed from my creditcard, they gave me a receipt and made me pay cash for the rest. And gave me a receipt for the total payment (including the creditcard payment). Returning home, it appeared they also cashed the remaining amount, from my creditcard. Of course I couldn't prove anything because the receipt with the total fee matched the credit card booking.
Very bad and unprofessional.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank S O
Reviewed October 14, 2011

nice new hotel in taksim .good location but little noisy at the night but we could sleep. internet always not work . light breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank KaTkOoOT
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I stayed in taksim Life Hotel in June 2011. The hotel location was greaaat..1 minute walk from taksim square where you can get transportation via underground to many places and 1 minute walk from the famous Istiklal street. The hotel is small, yet very clean, nicely furnished. I believe the hotel is relatively new. The staff was really helpful. Don't expect a fancy breakfast, i think breakfast was very basic, but not of much concern to me. Overall, I believe the hotel was great and definately it'll be my choice if I visit Istanbul again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple