Stray Cat Hostel
$128
$125
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Eresin Hotels Topkapi(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$77
$66
  • Pool
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$51
$619
$448
$178
$155
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2012

If you want to meet other travelers, that's the perfect spot for it. The friendly environment in the lobby in a traditional Turkish style encourages conversation among the visitors. The friendly staff will help you out with any questions about the city or the local culture - and even take you to a night out in the city. It might be a bit crowded around breakfast and check-in time is quite late, but the lovely cats will make you forget that. Excellent location close to a stop of the tram that goes to the historical center (Sultanahmet) and only 10 minutes away from the heart of modern Istanbul (Taksim).

Room Tip: Rooms looking at the street might be a bit noisy on open window.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
15  Thank Boyan S
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This place needs to be sampled by everybody wanting to stay in a friendly, clean and welcoming environment with lots of character. It's ideally located, literally 2 mins from the tram and down the road from Taksim ( but off a nice quiet side street). We stayed as a group of 5 girls and they were so cool in letting us share a 4 bed room. Breakfast is AMAZING!!! The owners were brilliant, they helped us with where to go and even took us for a night out on the town! Very clean rooms and bathrooms, I literally cannot fault this place!!! The cats are a very nice added bonus :D One of the best things about it is how welcoming they are! I didn't think I would miss the owners of a hostel as much as I do these guys!!! P.s I cannot believe how cheap it was...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
14  Thank Lorren C
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The hotel is very well located. A few minutes walk from taksim, the tram down the street to visit the old town and the boat to the islands. Perfect.
the living room is very friendly, I was like in my home.
This hostel is open 24h/24H
Free Breakfast (bread, butter, jam, cereals, yoghurt, laban, etc. ..)
Free tea and coffee all day.
Free wifi in the living room and in the first floor.
Staff very friendly and very accommodating.
You need help ? ask !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
13  Thank MoughLee
Reviewed April 22, 2012

There is absolutely nothing bad to say about Stray Cat. Perfect location, less than 10 min walking from Taksim Sq and 5 min walking to the tram that takes you to the old city in only 4 stops. Very spacious rooms, totally clean, new sheets in your bed the day you check in, the cleaner goes every day to clean toilets, showers and sharing areas. They provide you facilities like towels, lockers, mineral water, tea and coffee all day for free and the best thing is that Stray Cat hostel is amazingly cheap. The staff is excellent; open-minded, easy going and friendly people. We have actually become very good friends. Nice people for chatting, listening music, having some drinks and relaxing after a touristic day. They help you a lot regarding touristic requests, in fact, the owner booked a cheap and fantastic hammam for my friends and me and it was the best experience ever. The people from the hammam picked us up at the hostel and drove us back after it. Also, they recommended us places to go for lunch and differents meals to try. The atmosphere in the hostel is just amazing, we have made so many friends from all over the world and we are still in contact thanks to the chilling nights we had at Stray Cat hostel. We went out with more travellers from the hostel and some of the staff and took us to nice places with turkish live music. We probably wouldn't know that by ourselves.
We really enjoyed our week trip in Istanbul and Stray Cat hostel is one of the main reasons for that. I will come back and no doubt to repeat staying in there. I totally recommend it!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
17  Thank BlancaMF
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I recommend this hostel very much. I stayed there for one week in a double room ensuite (without booking ensuite, what was really great!). The location is great, the breakfast was adequate and the rooms and bathrooms are clean. What I particularly liked is, that the staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The athmosphere is relaxed and you feel very comfortable and welcome. Anyone can be as he or she wants to be and is tolerated like he or she is. The written, neagtive critic I can only explain to myself, that people expect for less money to have the luxury of a hotel. The Stray Cat is a hostel and the way a hostel should be. It will not disappoint any open, down to earth travellers and when you are like this, I am sure, that you will like it and enjoy your stay. I did it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends