“Good reviews even better experience”
Review of Fuego Restaurant

Fuego Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 13,534 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Budapest, Hungary
“Good reviews even better experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

So I looked at restaurants on the TripAdvisor app and I saw Fuego. Looked good and we decided to check it out since we wanted to have a Turkish dinner.

Upon our arrival they came to get us from the taxi because you have to walk a few steps to get to the restaurant and they wanted to make sure we find it. The restaurant is small but that's what I like, great atmosphere great vibe. When arrived to the restaurant a very friendly stuff greeted us I thought so far is going good. We went upstairs and sat down.

We decided to let one of the owner John (I believe his name was) to recommend what should we eat. He brought an amazing appetizer plate with various dips and fresh home made bread and it was one of the best appetizer dish I ever had. What followed was even more amazing, definitely the best stuffed calamari hands down, stuffed with mussels, shrimps etc in a creamy sauce. Last we had some kind of beef dish with vegetables and sea bass with shrimp and vegetables, it was sizzling when they brought it out and was very very good.

Overall, great stuff, great food and amazing atmosphere if anyone is here definitely should check it out. Thanks for the amazing experience we are coming back for sure sometime soon.

• Visited January 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
“Good restaurant with excellent location”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

On my recent trip via Istanbul I decided to visit Fuego following numerous good reviews on Trip Advisor. And it was not disappointing (though I had visited better places in the Turkish capital). First I had Imam bayildi, as a starter, and then Sultan’s stuffed chicken. The former was traditional, very good eggplant meal made with some other vegetables, the letter tasty chicken in a kind of good and not too strong, rather refined sauce, and with good accompanying vegetables. The atmosphere in the restaurant was ok (I was rather early in the afternoon, so not many guests), staff was very friendly, though there was a group of girls and waiters showed obvious interest to talk to them little bit forgetting other guests. In the end of my good meal I also got an “amaretto”, on the house, and talked to the (very young) owner, one of the two. A rather good experience and a place which can be recomended.

• Visited December 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Great Food and Staff”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The restaurant is on the first floor were the local travel agency that booked my summer tour is. While waiting for my agent to say hello during this winter visit the host of Fuego Restaurant called her since they know each other. A waiter offered me to go in and wait inside. I cheked the menu and since it was lunch time requested an exquisite cup of warm red wine and cinammon, and went for a dish I had underestimated, turkish meatballs. They are not at all like the italians. Delicious food, coffee and desserts. They are very close to Sultanahmet Park, steps from the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia and the Cisterna Sotteranea.

Visited January 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

One of the only restaurants I have ever been to where the food looked better than the pictures in the menu!
Delicious food, great friendly service, super-cute kittens frolicking in the street!

• Visited December 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Affordable fine dining and excellent service!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Came here for our last meal in Turkey and what a delight! Places in Sultanahmet are generally more expensive than less touristy areas in Istanbul, but it was still very reasonably priced particularly for the delicious food and service. I was wearing running tights and sneakers so felt super under-dressed but was nonetheless treated like a queen; this added to the fact that the chairs are really comfortable and atmosphere is very inviting. I'm a sucker for mezze, thus ordered the mezze platter, and I can say that it was hands down the best mezze I had while in Turkey...keep in mind that I ate mezze nearly every night for 10 days so this is an impressive feat. It's in a cute area and would have been lovely to sit outside if it was not 0 C / 32 F. I give my glowing endorsement of this restaurant; they have earned their high rank on TA.

• Visited January 2013