All reviews blue mosque old city grand bazaar free tea walking distance ottoman style hagia sophia lovely hotel a wonderful stay small balcony no lift main sights major attractions hotel is situated sultanahmet square by foot breakfast was delicious
Reviewed May 30, 2013

As many other reviewers have noted, this is a lovely place to stay in Istanbul's old city. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet is expansive and delicious. We checked in early in the morning, after one night at a nearby hotel that turned out to be a disappointment. The porter from Rose Garden Suites walked with us to the other hotel and helped carry our bags back, and the manager insisted that we have breakfast there even though it was the morning before we would be sleeping at the hotel. The location is perfect, just a short walk from the Blue Mosque and other major sights. We were very happy to be able to stay here.

Room Tip: There's no elevator, at least on the side of the hotel where we stayed, so you'll probably have to walk up at least a few steps. Plan accordingly.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ProfDrDr
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Booked the hotel over the net. On check in was met by warm, freindly hotel staff (selcuk) who instantly made us feel at home and gave us an upgrade on the room i booked, the executive superior. It was spacious, with windows that opened, air con, big bathroom, parkay floor and a complimentary bottle of red wine :)
The hotel location is ideal.. A few minutes walking distance from the blue mosque, aya sophia and the bazaar.
The terrace garden is great to chill before a night out or a night cap.
This is definately one of my fav spots in the old city.
Truley thank all the hotel staff that made our stay a memorable experience. Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Samambaia76
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at Rose Garden Suites for 5 days in april 2013, best time to visit, I'd recommend. It was just a tad chilly, 14-16 C, perfect to walk through much of the city, and walking there'd be lots of. You couldn't do better than this for location. The Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, grand bazaar, the museums are just a km and half away, for everything else the tram also a km walk is a good option. The hotel itself is clean, well maintained and aptly done in the Ottoman style. Little flower garden near the breakfast room adds much vibrancy and the staff are very helpful and welcoming. Special mention goes to Nino at the breakfast room. The extended breakfast spread, tea & biscuits at all hours and the jacuzzi bathtub all adds to its merit. Definitely be recommending it to a few.
Minn Malhotra

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the reviews and location and weren't disappointed at all. The staff are extremely helpful and rooms clean and well appointed. They give complimentary tea and coffee / biscuits throughout the day which is a great extra touch. Especially when combined with a nice little patio garden area where you can sit and enjoy it in your afternoon break. A couple of minor issues for us were - 1) we had a room on the 3rd floor and there was no lift. Wasn't a big deal for us. But potentially something worth noting. 2) we had a large room but there was a large restricted height portion which meant my husband restricted himself to one side of the room and also, the windows were tiny and high up so we had no view of anything outside. If I had to pay anymore than I did for the hotel it would have definitely felt very expensive!
Overall though I think the hotel is great and I would definitely recommend it if you want to stay in the area. Having said that I do wonder if Sultanahmet is really a great area to stay in!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SGVM
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I loved everything about this place. When we arrived we were greated warmly. The room was very big compared to other hotels I've stayed at recently, with a very large comfortable bed. The room and grounds were spotless. The staff was great, Selcuk was always saying hello and asking if we needed anything. The breakfast was great, omelets made, tons of juices, local specialities, coffees and breads. The location was perfect. 2 minute walk from everything - hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, metro. And for being in the center of everything it was completely peaceful and comfortable and safe. I thought the the value of the room exceeded what I paid. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends