All reviewsblue mosqueold citygrand bazaarfree teawalking distancehagia sophiaottoman stylelovely hotelsitting areano liftthe hotel staffmajor attractionshotel is situatedsultanahmet squareby footbreakfast was deliciousbasilica cistern
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked this hotel based on the reviews and location and weren't disappointed at all. The staff are extremely helpful and rooms clean and well appointed. They give complimentary tea and coffee / biscuits throughout the day which is a great extra touch. Especially when combined with a nice little patio garden area where you can sit and enjoy it in your afternoon break. A couple of minor issues for us were - 1) we had a room on the 3rd floor and there was no lift. Wasn't a big deal for us. But potentially something worth noting. 2) we had a large room but there was a large restricted height portion which meant my husband restricted himself to one side of the room and also, the windows were tiny and high up so we had no view of anything outside. If I had to pay anymore than I did for the hotel it would have definitely felt very expensive!
Overall though I think the hotel is great and I would definitely recommend it if you want to stay in the area. Having said that I do wonder if Sultanahmet is really a great area to stay in!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SGVM
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I loved everything about this place. When we arrived we were greated warmly. The room was very big compared to other hotels I've stayed at recently, with a very large comfortable bed. The room and grounds were spotless. The staff was great, Selcuk was always saying hello and asking if we needed anything. The breakfast was great, omelets made, tons of juices, local specialities, coffees and breads. The location was perfect. 2 minute walk from everything - hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, metro. And for being in the center of everything it was completely peaceful and comfortable and safe. I thought the the value of the room exceeded what I paid. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GinaTravels18
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great for turism an business. People at reception are always friendly taking care for all details.
lovely location in a historical atmosphere. Will do it again.Upon arrival Selcuk got us refreshments and sat down with us to review what we wanted to do in Istanbul and how he could help.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rabee s
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great for turism an business.
People at reception are always taking care for all details. I.e. last day I had to leave very early to airport and they prepared take away breakfast for me.
They made my time there a very good experience

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Psanchezperez
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rose Garden Suites in November 2012. We had an amazing vacation in Turkey and a lot of it was due to the wonderful staff at the Hotel. Upon arrival Selcuk got us refreshments and sat down with us to review what we wanted to do in Istanbul and how he could help. He arranged all our tours and was very knowledgeable about Istanbul and Turkey. He arranged a day trip to Ephesus, which was two times more expensive at the tourist shops around the city. The hotel was beautiful and our room was extremely clean and comfortable! The breakfast was fantastic and we had dinner at the restaurant one evening and it was also very good, loved the soup! The hotel was also in a very good location to all major attractions. I will definitely stay at the Rose Garden Inn when I return to Istanbul!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple