All reviewsblue mosqueold citygrand bazaarfree teawalking distancehagia sophiaottoman stylelovely hotelsitting areano liftthe hotel staffmajor attractionshotel is situatedsultanahmet squareby footbreakfast was deliciousbasilica cistern
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rose Garden Suites in November 2012. We had an amazing vacation in Turkey and a lot of it was due to the wonderful staff at the Hotel. Upon arrival Selcuk got us refreshments and sat down with us to review what we wanted to do in Istanbul and how he could help. He arranged all our tours and was very knowledgeable about Istanbul and Turkey. He arranged a day trip to Ephesus, which was two times more expensive at the tourist shops around the city. The hotel was beautiful and our room was extremely clean and comfortable! The breakfast was fantastic and we had dinner at the restaurant one evening and it was also very good, loved the soup! The hotel was also in a very good location to all major attractions. I will definitely stay at the Rose Garden Inn when I return to Istanbul!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

As a female travelling alone to Istanbul on business I picked this hotel based on previous reviews recommending the helpfulness of staff and warm welcome; I was not disappointed! I was given a welcome tour of the hotel on arrival, and shown to my lovely room with Turkish bathroom. I had to work but had an evening and morning off, so asked for recommendations: the manager was brilliant and gave me a map and different options on what to do. He also booked me a great waking tour for the morning, which was reasonably priced and enabled me to see lots in the short time I was there. I had a glass of wine in the evening and also lunch there the following day, and both times I was made to feel welcome and secure. Breakfast was also great, with a variety of Turkish foods to try as well as breads and jam as a safe option:) Thanks to the garden suites for making my stay very enjoyable! I will definitely return again, hopefully for a proper holiday!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Holland_Loves_Travel
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Staff couldn't be more helpful, and the hotel is in a great location for the historic sites.

We asked for a room with a bath - there was a bit of cultural miscommunication as the room we were given had a Turkish bath which we couldn't use anyway as they had turned it off five days previously because it was only open in the winter.

Room was fine, there was a complimentary bottle of wine and some fruit in the room which was nice.

There was an unpleasant smell in the bathroom: to counter this they placed toilet roll over the drains (which I didn't notice on the first night and caused me to almost flood the bathroom). They also kept putting the bath mat back on the shelf every day after it had been used which was a little bit unpleasant.

Overall, good value for money based on the location and service but simple things could be rectified to make the hotel better value.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Booked this through internet and it was a very good choice. Very friendly and helpful staff, clean and cosy rooms (newly renovated but in old style). Good breakfast. Nice backyard where you can relax and I guess can have breakfast when weather allows (we were in March - still cold). Many of the historical attractions are in walking distance.
Would go there again and recommend this definitely to others.

Room Tip: This is quite a small hotel, maybe 15 rooms in 2 different buildings. Rooms are not identical; actually I guess all are different but all we booked (3 rooms with 6 people) were very nice. Most of them have a balkony. Our friends had a bathroom with a Jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The breakfast for starters was amazing, when I got back from traveling around Turkey I stayed there a second time and they gave a free upgrade which I deeply appreciated. The service was very home like, the fact that the hotel is very small makes it very cozy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple