“Sarnic”

Ranked #362 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Lubbock, Texas
“Sarnic”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

One of my favorite hotels in the 15+ countries I've visited! The rooms were a bit small but very tidy and deliciously cold and refreshing after being out in the July/August heat all day! The staff was incredible and by the time we had stayed there 10 nights we knew most of them by name, knew who had families, which ones were in the military, played guitar, were in school, etc. Every day we had "lessons" from them - proper etiquette during prayer, how to say various phrases, the best time of day to take tours, etc. My husband and I traveled with our friends and their eldest daughter (18 years old) and never felt uncomfortable or unsafe, and began calling the hotel "home" - "I'm ready to go home and rest for awhile." While traveling, sometimes a hotel is a hotel, a place to lay your head at the end of the day or store your things while out during the day. Other times, a hotel is capable of being one of the reasons a trip is a trip of a lifetime, and the Sarnic is one of those.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Laurel, MD
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Really excellent hotel. We stayed at 4 hotels total during our week-ish trip to Turkey this past month and this was the favorite in Istanbul.

A lot of other reviewers have covered the location and it's close distance to everything. Also how clean and new everything felt in the rooms. Those are the two main items and if I was tI thought I would point out some of the other items.

1) The Wifi was fast and free. My best internet experience was here at this hotel
2) The breakfast was ok. There were a lot of things to choose from but it all felt a little plain.
3) The TV situation was not as good as I would have liked. I appreciate the satellite which had a ton of channels but I just felt there wasn't much that I (someone visiting from America) could watch. There were very few English channels and they were scattered and hard to find. The other hotels I stayed at had a better TV setup.
4) Really friendly staff. I like having a bowl of cereal at night and the staff was always willing to bring up a glass of milk for me at night for no charge
5)We had dinner the first night up on the roof and had a beautiful view of the blue mosque. Only complaint is that the food really took forever to come out and we were the only people there. We had to ask the manager a few times what was going on. The next day he tried to refund some of our money but we said it was ok.
6) The final item worth mentioning is a random incident on the last day. It was honestly confusing as to how this happened.

We were to leave for a couple days to Izmir and return back to Istanbul for another few days before flying back home to the U.S. Because there were no openings at Sarnic Premier when we were to to return, we were going to be staying at a different hotel that was just a half a mile away.

We decided we would leave our luggage there instead of lugging it all the way to Izmir just to bring it back. We called the other hotel and made arrangements. We had directions saved on our phones to show the driver and hotel shuttle was going to be taking us.. Our plan was that en route to the airport, we would drop off our luggage.

Well we left to go to the hotel and were going to give the directions to the hotel driver, but he said he knew where it was. But he thought he did and he took us real far. The whole time we were telling him that the hotel was nearby our hotel but he didn't want to listen to us for some reason. Then he started stopping and asking for directions. It was the bizarrest thing. Ultimately we lost too much time and said to head straight for the airport. He was very apologetic but this was totally unnecessary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ocean Grove, New Jersey
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Sarnic is centrally located in the Sultanahmet area, a 5 minute walk to the major sites of Istanbul. Rooms are small, but clean and fine. The staff is wonderful, helpful, considerate. An overall good experience. I would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Beautiful hotel in a beautiful city with beautiful staff. My father and I stayed at the Sarnic Premier Hotel for 9 nights in the Deluxe room with the blue mosque view. The room was small but tidy and had a boutique feel to it. The hotel was perfectly located near the blue mosque, Hagia Sophia and the Hippodrome. The hotel is also not far from the Basilica Cistern and the Grand Bazaar! The Breakfast buffet was delicious and provided a vast variety of Turkish foods. The Hotel terrace restaurant had a stunning view of the blue mosque, a pleasant atmosphere and delicious foods and teas! The service in all areas of the hotel could not have been better. A special thanks to Mehmet, Kazim, Youesf, Mustafa and Ibrahim for making our stay extra special! I will definitely revisit the Sarnic Premier hotel when I revisit beautiful Istanbul in the near future!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hanan Z
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Because I had only two nights in Istanbul, the location was my utmost concern. The location of Sarnic Premier hotel was more than I expected. Actually what impressed me most was the service and staff. They did excellent job paying attention to the tiniest details and satisfied my personal requests. The breakfast buffet was another pleasant surprise. This was my first experience with Turkish food and it turned me into an ardent fan of Turkish cuisine. I will visit Turkish restaurant in my country someday. The stay at Sarnic Premier hotel was memorable . .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sookhi n
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Spent 7 nights at the Sarnic and the experience was wonderful! Mehmet, their general manager, reassured me from the start that someone would be at the airport to pick me up and he didn't disappoint. The hotel is a stone's throw from the Blue Mosque and other major sites and walking distance to the tram. The breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful and a nice way to start the day. Lovely patio. Everything was clean and tidy. Staff was friendly and always willing to help. Took a cooking class at the Sarnic and Mehmet was the chef in charge. Absolutely loved this experience. He's the best at giving instruction and making everything seem so easy. A very hands-on experience. After preparing a wonderful menu, we enjoyed our delicious food on the terrace of the hotel overlooking the Blue Mosque. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank thelma e
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Six of us started a cruise in the Greek Isles with a two night stop in Istanbul. We picked the Sarnic Premier Hotel mostly for its location and its recommendation in Rick Steves' book. Their driver picked us up at the airport as promised. The room was as advertised and the staff was very friendly and helpful and spoke fluent English. The breakfast buffet was excellent. The hotel was within easy walking distance of the major sites and great restaurants. It is very close to the Blue Mosque so be prepared to be suddenly awakened at 6:00 AM when loudspeakers broadcast the " call to prayer". Istanbul is facinating! Don't put off visiting this great city.

Room Tip: Try a room away from the street ( and the Mosque )