“great experience”
Review of The Other Tour

The Other Tour
Ranked #47 of 423 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: The Other Tour offers unique one day cultural experiences in Istanbul. Our mission is to provide curious, open minded travelers with the opportunity to discover how Turkish people live and thrive in Istanbul. Away from typical tourist attractions, we dive deep into Istanbul (a city of over 16 million people) to immerse ourselves in the lives of local residents. During this guided adventure our Turkish neighbors open their hearts and homes to us, sharing with us their customs and traditions.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Fethi Karataş, an Istanbul local, creator of “The Other Tour” concept, believes there’s much more to Istanbul than what tourists are usually shown – and he packs plenty of experiences into this 14-hour personalized tour of the city. Fethi is the man to meet in Istanbul if you are looking for something very much out of the ordinary to do to make your trip truly memorable.

If you travel with him you will have a chance to see daily city life of Istanbul. There are districts (Balat-Fener) where muslim, christian and jewesh citizens have lived together in peace during Ottoman period and still live showing all good samples of neighborliness. Even today you can see the tracks of this harmony in Balat while you are walking between it's narrow streets which are decorated with mosques, churches, sinagogs and typical ottoman houses..

But none of us who have been on this "experience" can tell you all about it. That isn't because it's some secret, but it's because Fethi keeps it fresh and keeps changing it. Just GO for it. You won't be disappointed.
Chat Conversation End

2  Thank Shalini300

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Other Tour is meaningful to me because I got to gain a different perspective based on the new experiences I encountered.

I looked at the simplest things and compared them to locations I have been to before. It is amazing to see how different things are in different places. That's why the The Other Tour is very interesting , it is not just leads us to the destination but also teaches us how life really is. You see others on the road where some are worse and some are better than us. And after you recognize that life is just the way we find it....

The Other Tour is giving a chance looking at the life of another and find the encouragement, inspiration and enlightenment for our own life....

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to experience Istanbul in a very honest and interesting way.

2  Thank Amina D
Reviewed March 30, 2014

To say the least, all the other reviews were correct.

Our guide Fethi, intelligent young gentleman didn't hesitate to make an extra mile to make it even more memorable. He has nice personality and his presence is just balanced: "not too much" of him but always there when needed. It is important as you spend entire days only with him.

Don't want to repeat the other reviewers about flexibility to the program and any possible effort made by Fethi if unexpected obstacles arouse to solve it but I can definitely confirm that opinions.

Our trip to Istanbul left a lot of warm, positive memories. We received what we were loking for: new experience not achieveable in many staged not authentic trips to even more exotic countries and it was definitely provided in good package.

I enjoy the opportunity to meet new friends and have joyous conversation.
and I would simply say what thr other reviews have said, THE OTHER TOUR IS THE BEST

1  Thank hay0ta
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Exceeded my expectation such a great experience I will totally repeat it. It was simply unforgettable

1  Thank asmasais
Reviewed March 24, 2014

we did the tour with from 9 am till night pm and I cannot imagine a better way to become acquainted with a diverse city like Istanbul.The tour had the perfect balance of walking, eating, meandering and chatting with the real travelers.
Fethi was an outstanding guide who was very attentive to our desire to learn more about the city. I never would have guessed that Fethi has lived in the city for under a year as he was totally confident in explaining the dynamics of the different neighbourhoods and making suggestions towards where we should visit during the remainder of our stay. A very decent bloke.

4  Thank Ozlem A