Blue Tuana Hotel
$108
$104
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Dersaadet Hotel Istanbul(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$112
$170
$157
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$58
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is just launched and 7days after soft opening when i stayed there. It was sooo cheap at that promotion time, i mean for the 4 stars quality (for me it's 4 stars because of the good quality they have) I would be willing to pay even more the price i paid. Room are very clean, toilet are very clean and nice and new, everything orange and white in the bathroom, i love the shower box (rectangle glass shower box), they have hot and cold water and nice water closet too, but as most of European toilet, there is no wc shower, so you have to use tissue.

There is pantings in the room, they have big window which you can open in the morning and breath freshly. Their bed is very comfort and for room-size in Istanbul, this hotel provide big rooms rather than other hotels. Apparently at that time, breakfast was still served in the sister-hotel Eski Konak which is also tasty breakfast. The serve all type of international breakfast such as: cereal with milk, all type of jams, all type of breads, egg, all type of ham, even fruits etc! They are serious about hospitality, not like other hotels in Istanbul. And it is located just 200-300meters from the Blue Mosque, facing down to seaside, a strategic place and lots of restaurants, cafe and grocery nearby so you dont have to worry if you're awaken in the middle of the night hungry.

Happy vacation! You will enjoy it for sure, i love Istanbul and the people and i love this hotel.

Room Tip: do not choose the one facing the train railway or else you'll find comfort to sleep. ask for the room facing to the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We spent a couple of nights in Blue Tuana Hotel in Istanbul. We stayed in many quite many hotels in the Sultanahmet area, but we were very surprised to see how big are the rooms in Blue Tuana Hotel. The rooms have a kind otomano-baroc decoration and the furniture looks solid and stylish. The hotel is located on a small, calm street and you can even find some free parking places on that street at 100 m from the hotel. The breakfast is also good.
But the real plus of this hotel is its unbelievable view from the top roof. Being higher than the others and without any other building in front of it, Blue Tuana Hotel is offering a 360 degrees unique panorama of the old city of Istanbul. You will see of course the Marmara Sea, but also Blue Mosque, AyaSofia, even the towers from Zeytinburnu :) You will also enjoy a nice view from the rooms. The hotel team is very friendly, attentive and you can really rely on them!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is a short walk away from all the sites of Istanbul. Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and the grand Bazaar are all very close. The staff are excellent and very welcoming and the breakfast is huge and very good.
The rooms are a very good size with large comfortable beds and the rooms are spotlessly clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

If you make the mistake of booking the room in this hotel that says 'This room is smaller
than Standard Double' what they probably mean is that it is the 'basement room'. This room faces a noisy street and the window view is of the road pavement.
My wife and I unknowingly booked it for two periods before and after a tour. The first time we were in this room the power failed and it was stuffy, noisy and insecure (window had to be kept open all night. Power failures are not the fault of the hotel but there was no assistance at all (I had to buy candles and matches from a store just to see in the room at night)
When we returned from our 4 day tour at about 11pm, we were told we would be in the same room (we had been told before we left that we were going into an upstairs room).
We said the room was unsuitable but was told no other room was available. I then went and luckily booked a room in another hotel near by. When I can back to take my wife to the new hotel I specifically asked if there was to be any charge and I was told no!

We WERE charged a 'no-show' penalty (one night's charge) and could not have it overturned because the hotel said we had been offered another room.

SO please beware if you are considering this place and please avoid the 'basement room'

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlexMaz
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I stayed at Blue Tuana for approx 10days. I can't say I had the best time.. THe rooms are spacious, however the bathrooms are tiny. There are no elevators, you have to go up about 4 levels to reach the terrace. I stayed in 2 different rooms and both did not have phones, I had to go down to reception in person if I needed something. We had a few blackouts during our stay. the hotel staff did not provide any information no were they helpful in providing a candle. I had to go down the stairs (in the dark) to ask for a candle. Breakfast was average, however the view is spectacular. There's a train line right enxt to the hotel, its very loud (has woken me up from sleep quite a few times). The bed sheets were not changes during our stay. I personally would not want to go back to Blue Tuana, there are plenty more hotels in the area around the same price with better service.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends