“Real Instanbul” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 131 Spas & Wellness in Istanbul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Real Instanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

This place was a legit Turkey experience. If you want a nice watered down experience for tourists I'm sure the other places would suit you better but if you'd rather experience Istanbul like a local (for considerably less cost), go here. Another reviewer complained about mould everywhere but to me it didnt seem unclean at all.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Kadirga Hamam is the real thing. If you're looking for a tourist experience, try something else. But, if you're looking for an authentic beat down at a local Hamam, this is the place. Drink lots of water in advance and avoid all foods. Then, trust that everything will be okay, even as the heat of the Hamam begins to open your pores and shut off your brain. I almost passed out from the heat, but was rescued by an employee who dumped buckets of cold water on me. Was it a humbling experience? Yes. Would I do it again? Absolutely.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Gabe220
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The original one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Very good experience for the one who are looking for traditional hammam. Not commercial and touristique, excellent for the price (50tl)
Experience it in istambul if you dare!

1 Thank Patrice1990
Budakeszi, Pest, Hungary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My best spa experience. This is the real place, without the turist scam!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I have read reviews here and on wittistambul blog and realised, that it's not easy to find a good hamam in Istanbul. So I'm happy that I found Kadirga! Based on online research and couple of days here I have found, that most other hamams in Sultanahmet area are professionally marketed tourist spots. The focus of the management is to hook as many turists as possible. The focus of the bath attandants are to get as many tip from you as possible. Few seems to take care of your experience and your well being.
Well Kadirga is not like that although it's just 10 minutes walking from the Blue Mosque. They luckilly don't have good marketing. So when I was there on Saturday morning around 11 o'clock there were only 3 local old men talking in the hall but thats all. I was the only guest. The price is 50 liras for the full treatment. I only had euros, so the calculated for me, that I'll have 6 liras back. So the full treatment was 20 euros with the tip. The full program took more than an hour. I was given tea and water without asking. Choose this place if you dont have 80 euros for a luxury hamam, or just want a nice authentic experience.

3 Thank Gönci D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great bath, Great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Istanbul for five days and went to this bath twice! Only 50 leera before tip for a scrub and bath. After changing we went into the Sauna, I have never been on a hotter room. Next came the scrub and hair wash, then the body wash and mini massage. After we stayed and went in and out of the sauna and used the side room to cool off with the cold water bucket. After exiting we were toweled and given tea and water. Felt very relaxed and refreshed after!

2 Thank Jack P