“excellent value, great location & great rooms!”

Stories Hotel Kuloglu
Ranked #481 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Dublin, Ireland
“excellent value, great location & great rooms!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just stayed here for a week with friends over New Year.Would highly recommend this hotel for location, value & service-particularly Omer Kaan Aydin who was there in the evenings- he was really helpful, friendly & informative!! I will be back for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank moderrymore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in May, at the Hotel. A very nicely decorated, cosy and clean Hotel. Very new and chic! Loved it the moment we stepped in! Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. Rooms and Bathrooms were clean and spacious! Our rooms were quiet, even though we were located in a rather noisy and bustling area.
Location is very convenient. Just a few steps to the bustling Istiklal shopping area, filled with eateries and shopping. Taksim square was just a 10 min walk away and you can easily get to the Metro at Taksim Square.
Although the Hotel does not offer any breakfast, we could easily enjoy some at the many cafes just a stone's throw away.
Do note though, the Hotel is 1) difficult to locate! Our Taxi driver did not know where it was and we got lost for a bit. 2) It is located up a narrow, cobbled street, which a taxi will not be able to enter, thus you have to lug your heavy luggage all the way up and down! 3) There are quite a few steps leading up into the hotel.
Overall, a very pleasant stay indeed! I will stay at this Hotel again, should I visit Istanbul and will readily recommend my friends to the Hotel. Value for money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tantravels
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was a great stay. Rooms are large, brand new, very clean and you will find there everything you need, from bath robe, great mini bar, big TV etc.
Staff is very friendly and very helpful. It’s a best location you can get in Taxim, just of the Istaklal in a gorgeous little street.
I would say it’s a small luxurious boutique hotel with everything you need. Its beautiful. We went to see the other ones from the group and they are as good as this one.
It is definitely a hotel of my choice in this magical city. 101% recommendation

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have stay there for 3 nights in May 2013.
Rooms are incredible confortable, beautiful and ultra fully equipped.
Location is perfect in the modern part of Istanbul. If you are gona stay for more than one noght I fully recomend to stay in Taksim here.

Price is really good. I payed less than 100 euros with booking. Before payed more in Basileus, that is for far less beautiful and clean.

Room Tip: All rooms are incredible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hernans218
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We took a long-weekend break to Istanbul; first visit to the city. I've relied heavily on Tripadvisor in selecting hotels for a couple of years, but this is my first time to post a review.

I travel quite extensively for work and leisure around Europe. I don't hesitate in saying this is the best value-for-money hotel I've stayed in on any of my European travels over the last 3.5 years living in this part of the world.

The physical property was immaculate, and had a proper high-end feel and touch to it for the value. The staff were splendid and graciously arranged for taxis and offered helpful tourist advice (even calling certain attractions to verify opening hours etc). We stayed in a junior suite which was spacious, well proportioned, and lots of natural light and recommended by me particularly to fellow American travellers more use to 'extra space'.

The one general cautionary advice I would give (not specific to Stories) is regarding the Taksim neighbourhood overall. It's crowded and loud until the wee hours so a laid back attitude and a pair of earplugs definitely come in handy -- no matter which hotel in this area you choose no doubt. With that said this part of town was fun and did not feel touristy to me so in my opinion well worth the small trade off.

I have already recommended Stories to my friends back in London and look forward to a return visit one of these days.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adam D
San Jose, California
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is comfortable, clean, spacious, and nice decorated. It's very close to Taksim for ppl who want night life there. But he hotel is not really right for us.

The hotel is very difficult to reach. The taxi driver claimed to know the location, but did not take the route as the hotel suggested in the map. After I requested the driver to talk to the hotel, the hotel was not able to convince the driver to get to the narrow street next to the hotel. We requested the hotel to send the staff to meet us at the drop off place, which is 2-min walk according to them. The gentleman said he could not because he is the only person in the hotel! We ended up walking for 15 mins up and down in the narrow alley with two heavy suitcases. Unless you want night life till AM, i would have stayed at old town and take the tram to reach Taksim.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vivian L
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place beats 4 star hotels in the US. Friendly people,attention to details, simply Great! I guess the only bad thing I can think of is that it took the Cab driver a while to find it. It is in a small alley st and it is hard to find if you don't know the area. I do strongly recommend this place to family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms are small....but not really a big deal when your consider everything else.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StoriesApartIstanbul, Guest Relations Manager at Stories Hotel Kuloglu, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Tabbara,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your impressions of your stay at the Stories Hotel on TripAdvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were generally satisfied with our services and the staff. We truly hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back! Best regards,
Hotel Team Management