“I advice to not stay at the park royal hotel”

and 1 more site!
Nova Plaza Taksim Square
Ranked #299 of 1,087 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I advice to not to stay at the park royal hotel in istanbul, the very very very low services level and the bad recipients are really needs to be changes asap, and also the need to be washed up before they serve people means they need to clean them self's up, add more they ask for tips and the annoying voices whish never stop or let us to relax the way we should, please people do not visit this ugly hotel never ever at all

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Dodeshada

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Park royal hotel its the palce that I do advice istanbul visitors to stay at beacuse I have been to istanbul more than 20 times but last two times was great because I stay in this great hotel its in center ,clean,employee most of them speaks english ,any how I do advice visitors to istanbul to spend there stay in it

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Stayed here for three nights in early June, 2013. Staff was excellent, very nice, helpful, relaxed. The hotel is in a great location - exactly 60 seconds from Taksim Square, but in a small, back street, so you don't get all the noise from the square into your bedroom. Good breakfast and the room was fine. On the way back to the airport I forgot my cell phone in the taxi arranged by the hotel - I called them from a local police officer's cell phone and they immediately called the taxi station, sent back the driver and made sure I got it back. Could have missed my flight if it wasn't for their very efficient help.

This isn't a very fancy hotel and I'm not sure if it really suits every criteria of a 4-star, however, for me it has become a favorite in Istanbul (this was my third visit there) and I hope to stay there again.

Room Tip: It's better to have a room facing the street than one facing the hotel's back yard, which is...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good location within walking distance to Taksim square and Korakoy and breakfast was okay. But room was small, beds not very comfortable, staff unhelpful and not particularly friendly. Could not provide and iron and ironing board which was very disappointing. Offered to have someone pick up ironing from my room but no one came. Shower did not drain well. Overall fairly disappointing

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

No air conditioning - The rooms were hot and muggy; we were part of a party of 18 that stayed there. We had the window open, but the noise outside didn't help! The one elevator could fit two people - We were on the eighth floor! The complementary breakfast was good and this is the only good thing I have to say about this very poor hotel. We were charged 136.50 Turkish lira for the three sodas, two waters and three small cocktail bottles of ( 1 vodka and 2 Raki; a Turkish liquor) - OUTRAGEOUS! Stay away from this tourist trap.
The rooms were TINY - Our double bed (two singles pushed together) took up 90% of the whole room - A sad legacy to an otherwise wonderful trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel was well located so we could access Taksim Square which is one of the important places in Istanbul(I suppose!) and there was transport for everywhere in the city.
The hotel itself was clean and nice but the lift was so small as well as all places! but by the way it wasn't annoying.
Another disadvantage to this hotel is that you could hear people talking in their rooms when you were in the corridor so if you are staying be aware that people may hear you if your too loud!!
I would like to be there again ;)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rasteen
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at Park Royal from 27-30 March. Hotel is located at prime location but you can look for some other better options. Hotel is very close to Taksim square (5 mins walk ). The hotel offers a good variety of breakfast. Rooms are clean and modern but don't have a good view.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple