“Good When Without The Second Hand Smoke”

Limak Eurasia Luxury Hotel
Ranked #176 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
UK
“Good When Without The Second Hand Smoke”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Second time in the Limak. All the good points from my previous review still stand, in fact the hotel seems to have got busier, so a bit more 'buzz' about the place. Just one thing to be aware of. I did not ask for a non smoking room, maybe because I am used to most hotels being totally non smoking. I did not notice any smoke smell when first entering my room, but I woke up the next morning to a strong smell of second hand smoke. This was not noticeable when returning to my room on the second evening, so I did not give it further thought. However, after turning in for the night a strong and lingering smoke smell drifted into my room. Despite trying to locate the source I could not, and can only assume it came via the aircon or interconnecting walls. It was so strong I found it difficult to sleep.

Yes, I would stay in the here again, but I would make sure I had not only a non smoking room but one that was located well away from smoking rooms.

Room Tip: Non smokers beware
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank OleDunk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Just cme from the Hilton in Malta and so was not quite sure what to expect. Walked in the door and the entrance area was amazing!
Staff were amazing and helpful, even at midnight.
My room was.........perfect and felt like home. Pillows were a dream.
Room was blissfully clean.
Breakfast was wonderfu and the staff were on hand all the time but discreet.
Hotel is under a flight path, but you never heard a thing.
This is more of a business hotel, but I would and will certainly use it again!

Room Tip: This hotel is away from the city...so the view is not the point. I got a great room on the 7th floor...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 967sheila
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

it was a great experience as the room was exceptionally
good
service was good
I really enjoyed the stay
The hotel.has good ptice for the service offered
it is far from the center but close to the business center

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here as i was presenting in a hotel meeting room. Internet was excellent, room was spacious and the bathroom excellent. Staff were friendly and very helpful.
Breakfast was good and the a la carte dinner i had was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Some friends and I stayed here for 3 nights. One of the best hotels I have stayed at in Istanbul. We were greeted by a wonderful receptionist named Tugce who spoke great English and was very kind and welcoming. An awesome bellboy named Ferdi helped us to our room and made us feel at home. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable. Great decor. Not to mention, the breakfast was delicious. I highly recommend this hotel. It is the only luxurious hotel that I know of on the Asian side of Istanbul for an affordable price!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
the Netherlands
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked this hotel for a business trip. The location is brilliant just between the two airports. Tip: Order the Hotel Airport Shuttle, with the busy traffic/airports this is very comfortable!

The hotel is brilliant. nice quiet location, safe! (24 hours protection at the door) clean, comfortable, good shower, good bed, great breakfast and most important brilliant staff. Anything is possible! Ask and they deliver /help you.

Taxi office outside the hotel (no waiting) Nice restaurants in 5 mins. walking distance or outside rush hour you can travel easily to the European side (45 mins. ) In summary, we are very pleased and we will book this hotel again during our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 29, 2013

So this is really a mixed bag. What I actually wanted to write was the following:
Stayed in Limak for third time this August and service has really improved since the opening. Variety and quality of food at breakfast is very good and most of the waiters do speak english now. Room is everything you want from a business hotel, clean, quiet, functional! Service from check-in to check-out was flawless.
I really thought on my first day this time, wow, someone really made up their mind on what the modern business traveller requires. Tiny details, like obvious switches for the room lightings (do you read this Starwood???!!!) ,so that you do not have to crawl under tables and sideboards to find the well hidden switch which only the housekeeping knows.
And then, yes, then came the 2nd night which made all the difference.
Long day past, and an early rise ahead of me I was opting for a 10 pm sleep (this is all weekdays). Only to be woken up 30 minutes later by what I thought was a full blast boom-box in the room under me. I was staying in the 5th floor, the water in my bottle was shaking heavily while standing on the sideboard. It was really just a massive base, no singing or anything. It died down a bit but could still be felt. Earthquake? Construction work? I managed to get back to sleep only to be woken up by the base again, this time it almost catapulted me to the ceiling. I called the reception, asked him if they had a DJ in the house. But he could not hear me as the party was apparently in full swing downstairs. I asked again: "You are having a party?". And instead of apologizing or anything equivalent, he was all exited: "Yes!! Big party!!!". I asked him for how much longer this was planned. "Only 1 more hour". As if to say, a pity that you did not call earlier, you could have come down and joined the party longer then.
Needless to say that I was a grumpy customer next morning.
I was in the 5th floor, the function, wedding, or whatever it was, seemed to have happened in the function rooms in -1/-2. Surely the guest in the levels under me were either participating or were bounced out of their beds.
Dear Limak-Management: This is an absolute no-go! This was not an individual who made a bit of a noise on his way to the room at night, or turned his TV a bit louder. This was a party with a massive disco outfit during the week, apparently sanctioned by your management, therefore blatantly ignoring your other travelers needs.
Despite all the good parts which I mentioned, plus the proximity to our office, I will chose a different hotel next time, even if it means a longer transfer for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business