“Not worth the money”

Add it.
Gray Line Turkey
Ranked #350 of 442 Tours in Istanbul
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

?70 for the 1 day Istanbul tour. Spent most of the day in queues, and didn't complete the itinerary. Organisation in the morning was very haphazard and the tour did not start until 90 mins after we were picked up... We were also told that the max group size was 15, but we had about 35 in ours and, as it covered English and Spanish, everything took twice as long to go through.

In all honesty, there would seem to be no compelling reason to book the tour; you had to wait in the same lines. Lunch was mediocre and rushed, so no benefit there either. If someone asked I's tell them to walk between the sights at your own pace rather than being rushed and hassled. Lesson learned, so we are doing our own thing tomorrow and saving the money!

1  Thank MrEZ

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We took the Tour 6, Dolmabache Palace, Spice Market and Bosphorus Cruise. This tour failed on multiple levels. First, there was too much driving between the old and new European sections of Istanbul. With the traffic, this wastes lots of time. We started in the spice market, crossed the bridge for the cruise and then back across the bridge for the leather show (we found better prices, quality and designs in the Grand Bazaar). Then we ate an awful lunch. How on earth they found this awful place in a city with amazing food, is beyond me. Then again across the bridge back to Dolmabache Palace. The worst part of the tour, was the guide. At his best, he acted as if his guests were imposing. At his worst, he was rude and mean. When I told him that some of his older guest had fallen behind he said "I don't lose guests, sometimes they lose me!" We left the tour early.

My recommendation - do these sights on your own. Take the tram to these places -- the tram stops near the spice market, the cruise pick up spot and the Palace. Avoid this tour at all costs!

3  Thank TravelingHawkeye
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The tour company is good, the cruise of the bosphorous was good but the pierre loti cafe was a let down.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is an overpriced well-advertised company providing an extremely low quality product.

We went on a one-day Bursa tour with them. Our bus came 45 mins late to pick us up from the hotel, and we then wasted another hour picking up other passengers and then transferring to another bus for bursa! In bursa, we did a cable car ride for which we wasted over an hour in line. The view in the 10 min cable car ride was great though.

After that, and lunch, we were told that we're on our own for an hour to see the mosque and temple. Absolutely no guided tours! Finally we stopped by a touristy shop selling all kinds of stuff.

They didn't even take us to the silk market or any other place in Bursa.

It was a total disappointment and waste of time. The hotel staff were very insistent that we use this tour because (I'm quite certain) they get a commission.

Stay absolutely away from this company.