“Bad location and very noisy”
Review of Air Boss Hotel

Air Boss Hotel
Ranked #1,019 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 13, 2013

It seems that hotel is just below airport route for planes taking off and Istanbul is pretty busy airport. Unfortunately, no sound proof windows, so you can follow the flight schedule. Also, you can hear your neighbor in the next room talking on phone or watching TV just like he is in your own room, no sound isolation between rooms. Room was OK size, but bed was really small. Location is somewhere in semi industrial zone, so nothing around (restaurants, bars, shops, etc.) and neighborhood looks sketchy. This is another hotel that Turkish Airlines is using for layovers, but IMO, very bad choice. Staff is helpful, but this doesn't change my overall opinion.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dinko P
There are newer reviews for Air Boss Hotel

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed 1 night in this hotel as it was 5km from the airport and accepts pets. However, their description did not say that they charge 15 euros per pet. Moreover, the area is isolated and difficult to find. We paid 40 euros for their shuttle service. The minibar is not turned on, 2 of 3 bathroom lights were burned out, the walls are chipped and generally not in good condition. There is no restaurant and the room service menu is not accurate -- we asked for a tuna sandwich and received a salami sandwich with a request for cash payment. Last but not least, the bed quilt did not entirely cover the bed, making it very difficult for an adult couple to share the cover. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Icaru
Reviewed February 15, 2013

First of all the personnel was very polite and this is the only positive thing that I have to say. First of all it is impossible to find the hotel , all the taxi drivers was last during our expedition to find the famous hotel. I arrive at 23 30 and while the driver was trying to find the hotel in the dark and dirty roads I thought that it was my last moments in Istanbul.....
The good thing with that area is that you move back in time and you are back in 1950.
My bed was perfect (if I was a smurf) the tv was the smallest tv I have ever seen in a hotel and the smell in the room was amazing , I open the window for 15 minutes with 5 degrees outside .....

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lefteris P
Ramazan T, Manager at Air Boss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear My Guest,

I am terrible sorry for the exprience you had.
We are a new hotel in Istanbul and that makes, finding us quite a bit hard.
I wish I could host you at Airboss again to say sorry.

Best Wishes from Istanbul,

Ramazan TEKIN

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Just came back staff very helpful , sorted a taxi for me to go across the city
Don't know what all the fuss is about the aircraft noise I managed to sleep ok
Wi fi was fine , I was on the the 4th floor, ask for a room on that floor if you are concerned about coverage
True not a good place to walk around , I found I did not need to

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank russellh731
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Needed a hotel close to Attaturk airport for an unplanned overnight stop-over. Hotel is approx 10 minute taxi ride from the airport complex. Location is a bit odd in the middle of a somewhat run down residential area, however the hotel was clean and the room comfortable. Service was efficient & polite. The hotel is located directly under the flightpath of the airport, so the noise from aircraft is quite noticable. However, for a short overnight stay, perfectly acceptable and good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Ramazan T, Manager at Air Boss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear My guest,

I would like to thank you for kind comment of exprience at Airboss,

Hope to see you again at Airboss HOTEL.

Kind Regards!

Ramazan TEKIN

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived in late and had an early morning flight, so proximity to the airport was very convenient. The room was somewhat outdated, and in a location that was difficult for the taxi to find. They did not provide the customary bottled water, so that was difficult to procure, and then we had to pay extra. But the price of the room was good, and they brought a free room service breakfast because of our early departure. So even though it was of marginal quality, we would do use again becauee of the good price and convenience to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank D_and_JCharlotte_NC
Mahmut S, Genel Müdür at Air Boss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Dear My Guest,

l would like to thank you for your kind comment of exprience in AİRBOSS HOTEL,

We hope to host you in AİR BOSS HOTEL again,

BEST WİSHES FROM İSTANBUL

MAHMUT SARIKINACI

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here on our way through from UK to UAE, Istanbul stop over for 16hrs, organized pick up from the airport at 4am, hotel very close to the airport we virtually slept, it is in the flight path but really didn't hear anything, so tired, did have lunch before we got picked up for the airport which was nice on the top level balcony, will visit again under the same circumstances for shower and sleep over but probably not for an extended Istanbul visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family