“Excellent Hotel”

Senator Hotel Taksim
Ranked #519 of 1,181 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It is my secont trip to Senator Hotel Taksim.I really like this Hotel.It is my second house and I am really happy to be there.

perfect room,nice breakfast and helpfull employee.when I need something,they will do it for me.
Selda who is working in breakfast and Hayal who is in reception desk.soooo helpful and so friendly.
I can say that,One of the best hotel in Taksim area.I can recomend to everone.

Room Tip: silence room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I chose this hotel for its location in Taksim which used to be the best location to stay in Istanbul but now since the are building a huge tunnel on the Main Street it is truly a nightmare. The road is closed and the side road which is used as detour is full of traffic day and night the noise inside the room is very loud especially the rooms to the road side. I couldn't sleep the first night. I asked to be moved to an inside room and things were a little better. The streets around are always muddy it is very hard to even walk around with all the road work the whole place is turned to a huge construction site. The hotel itself was average small rooms nice design poor breakfast nothing special awkward service didn't help much when I wanted to checkout earlier. My advice is to avoid this hotel and all other Taxim hotels for that matter for a year from now when the construction is supposed to end. For now Avoid Taxim hotels at all costs.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Small boutique hotel a few doors down from the very central Taksim Square. Rooms are small but very clean and comfortable. My flight arrived early in the morning but after a wait of about half an hour they were able to provide me with a room. Even during my wait they offered me a coffee and wifi access in the lobby which was great. Staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel has a great location but Taksim Square is very noisy – lots of traffic. If noise bothers you, this might not be the hotel for you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BusyTravellers_12
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is an excellent hotel witha great location - next to teh square, shuttle, tram station, iskitlal street. The room is very well done up and very clean. Good breakfast and service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TeenalS
Reviewed September 26, 2012

By far the nicest hotel I have stayed in in Istanbul. The staff was very helpful and the hotel was clean and very well designed. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have every been in. The women in the breakfast room was very nice and cheerful. This hotel is close to Taksim but without all the noise to keep you up at night. My only complaint is that a friend came by to pick me up to go out and they wouldn't let him come up to my room for more than 5 minutes! Really, relax people.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I travelled to Istanbul in August 2012; we were four: a couple and two friends.

The hotel was small, but nice, with a good breakfast even if in a small room in the ground level. Staff was nice, but they didn't speak a very good english.

The location is near to Taksim Square and it's good if you want to enjoy the two main characteristics of Beyoglu: shopping and night-life (the hotel is quite anyway), but if you are not interested in these things or you are staying just for few days and it's your first time in Istanbul, I would suggest to stay in the center, because it's much more practical.

My friend and I shared a room on the highest level; it was small, but nice, with all comforts and with two single beds (as we asked for). What surprised us was that in a room like that, conceived for people not being a couple, there was a bathroom with a glass wall with "perfect view" from the room. There was a sort of courtnain, but it was not enough to give privacy; we found it terrible. Another strange thing about the bathroom was that you had to enter into it practically trought the shower, that was big, but without any kind of door: you couldn't help flooding everything. These are the negative thngs of our room, but our friends' room wasn't like that.

Hope to be useful
Enjoy your trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WhiteDragonfly
Reviewed August 25, 2012

After a 10-hour overnight flight with a stopover, if the hotel offers you early check-in and complimentary breakfast, all you feel like doing is blessing them! After a short nap we were ready to explore Istanbul, thanks to them.
The hotel is very clean, room is spacious enough, bathroom is neat and the breakfast is very good. They served 4 types of cereals, lots of nuts, fruits, yoghurt, jams and cheese, eggs, potatoes, 2 meat items, breads, croissants, cheese rolls and a dish of egg (I hope I got all correct!!). You really can't ask for more.
Also, the main road is very close. I don't enjoy walking in the heat. The hotel was very close to all means of transportation. And yes, it was not noisy at all. It was away from the main Istiklal street (about 200 mtrs) and really peaceful.
If you're staying at Taksim, I don't think you can get a better deal.

Room Tip: we got a room on the 6th floor. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple