“A delicious and informative introduction to the food of Istanbul”
Review of Delicious Istanbul

Delicious Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to experience the real taste of Istanbul? Join Olga Irez in exploring the local markets, visiting hand-picked vendors and food makers, tasting famous and lesser known local treats and, finally, cooking a Turkish feast at Olga's kitchen.Olga cooks and eats full time in Istanbul and also publishes popular food blog Delicious Istanbul, so her insights and tips put you on the fast track of learning all about Istanbul food.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My two friends and I spent an enjoyable day with Olga Tikhonova and two other food enthusiasts from Stockholm. We traveled both sides of the Bosphorus tasting and eating some of the staples and delicacies of Turkish cuisine. Olga was an excellent guide and informative teacher. We learned so much on her tour...And the food! Each place we stopped for samples was a delight. One of my friends is a food buff and she was especially delighted with the tour and Olga's knowledge. We took this tour on my Birthday and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than tasting so many delicacies from dawn to dusk. We ended our day in a beautiful outdoor garden where we shared a cup of tea with Olga before she left. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

2  Thank Rick K

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We put a bit of thought into what we wanted out cooking class to be and decided, after looking at all of the options in Istanbul, that we would like to explore the markets and a different side of town that we probably would not have gone to, as well as learn a little about Turkish cooking. And it was the right decision. We were introduced to the BEST turkish delight, the BEST baclava and the BEST coffee. Olga bought the food for the day, then we walked back to her apartment and proceeded to cook the food. The class is largely led by the people that are participating and what they are interested in. Our class was small and great. A great combination of chit chat, thoughts on Turkey, its food, how to cook, little tips, a bottle of wine and good eating. Its not glamorous, but really down to earth, unpretentious and I would highly recommend. But they don't take credit card.

1  Thank Ursula S
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Thank you Olga for a wonderful day in Istanbul. We were pleased we did your walking food tour on our first day as it helped us enjoy and orientate ourselves for our 10 day stay. We returned to many of our stops on the tour and we learnt so much about the food culture of Turkey.
To anyone thinking of taking a walking tour I can highly recommend a day with Olga, it will be a highlight of your stay in Istanbul.

1  Thank 50th
Reviewed July 6, 2013

A great way to spend a day in Istanbul. Olga is so warm, authentic and knowledgeable and was willing to answer a hundred questions. This was a fascinating insight into aspects of Turkish culture. The market tour was a lot of fun and a good introduction into authentic suppliers, rather than mass-produced "touristy" stuff.

1  Thank BirdHill_14
See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I took a cooking class from Olga on our honeymoon. It was absolutely one of the highlights. The ferry ride from the Old City to the Asian side of Istanbul was nice (we had great weather). Once there, we toured her local market, seeing the ingredients and enjoying the local delicacies. Then, we spent the rest of the afternoon cooking (and eating) with the ingredients we picked up.

My only tip would be to do this as early as possible in your trip - you'll definitely taste some things you'll want to find again while you're in Istanbul.

1  Thank OuttaWack