“Thank you, Olga!”
Review of Delicious Istanbul

Delicious Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking to experience the real taste of Istanbul? Join Olga Irez in exploring the local markets, visiting hand-picked vendors and food makers, tasting famous and lesser known local treats and, finally, cooking a Turkish feast at Olga's kitchen.Olga cooks and eats full time in Istanbul and also publishes popular food blog Delicious Istanbul, so her insights and tips put you on the fast track of learning all about Istanbul food.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Hamburg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Thank you, Olga!”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful day with Olga showing us around Istanbuls markets and food shops. Olga is a lovely person and soon we thought we had already known her for a long time. We were lucky and had Olga completely to ourselves. Wait, no, we met her equally sweet husband while feasting on a turkish pizza in a street side restaurant. My husband and I plan to return soon to this fascinating city and the first thing we will do is contact Olga and this time have a cooking class with her. Count on us, Olga!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank KarenE

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great food tour”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This tour was a great introduction into the food and lifestyle in Instanbul. Olga was a great guide, extremely knowledgeable. The tour went to several market stalls and shops on both sides of the city sampling the different delicacies along the way. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is travelling to Istanbul and recommend that the tour is taken at the beginning of your trip to settle you into the hustle and bustle of the city.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Ann M
Brussels
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A day full of delights”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Based on a friends' recommendation I booked the cooking tour with Olga. My expectations were high - and have been exceeded!
Olga took us on a tour through her local market (including stopovers for tasting Baklava (heaven!), Turkish coffee (strong and very, very good) and a few other things) to buy all the ingredients needed to prepare our 3 courses meal. While listening to numerous explanations about Turkish food we arrived at her place, to set into practice our fresh knowledge. It was just great, very interesting and the result of our cooking was DELICIOUS. Olga had a wonderful way to cope with our 1001 questions. I learned a great deal about Turkish food and its preparation, Turkish history and today’s life... what a wonderful day! Thank you Olga!

Visited February 2012
karkusha, Owner at Delicious Istanbul, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you Bettina for the wonderful day and great company! I was excited to learn that you are are doing a similar thing in Belgium and I wish you the best of luck with running your Enjoying Brussels!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A Fantastic Day with Delicious Istanbul”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Delicious Istanbul exceeded our expectations tenfold. What a fantastic day my husband and I had with Olga from Delicious Istanbul. After being met at the Ferry and taken to Olga's local market to collect ingredients we then went to her house and started cooking our beautiful Turkish 3 course meal. Not only did Olga give us cooking tips along the way but her knowledge of Turkish history was astounding. We had such a fantastic day, and we are still telling all our friends about our wonderful day. We would thoroughly recommend Delicious Istanbul. Thank you Olga!

Visited February 2012
karkusha, Owner at Delicious Istanbul, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear Linda and Geoff, you've been great in roasting eggplants, peeling anchovies and making pide bread and simply being a good company. I am definitely looking forward to seeing you at our farmhouse on your next trip to Turkey
Belgrade, Serbia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Baklava”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

You must go to Karakoy Gulluoglu, the place with the best baklava in the world. Very pleasant place, with good service. But everywhere in Istanbul you can buy cookies, and they are cheap.

Visited January 2012