“Many thanks Turkey and Osman”

Road Runner Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #41 of 431 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Road Runner Travel is located in the heart of the historic Old City of Istanbul to serve regular and private tours for Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Gallipoli, Troy and also long package tours for all around Turkey.
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We are coming to the end of our 11 day trip to Turkey we did not know what to expect and are going to return having had one of our best holidays ever.
Thanks to Osman and all the hospitable and friendly people of Turkey this has been a truly awesome visit.
Even the balloon ride in Capadocia recommended by Osman turned out to be one of our ten best experiences in life.
At the outset we did not know what to expect and had Osman and Road Runner handle all our arrangements, all the tours were great and handled by very friendly guides. We also had some last minute changes to our itinerary which were handled expertly and with a proactive approach by Osman, at times our indecision frustrated me but did not fluster Osman.
The hotels were also very well located in the city centre ensuring that we had tons of eating options and entertainment at hand, worthy of special mention are Goreme Inn, Capadocia and DoubleTree Tree Hilton, Kusadasi.
All in all, we have had an excellent time in Turkey and thanks to the country, its hard working and friendly people, Osman and Road Runner we will surely return.

1  Thank Mohie65

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I took a trip to Dubai and we decided to visit Turkey and only had 1 week, Nelly at Road Runner travel organized the tour for us and everything went as planned! We where happy with the itinerary with was easy to plan as they were flexible in giving us what we needed. We visited the main attractions of tourist Turkey and we are ready to go back and spend more time in Istambul as there is much more to see than what we had time to. One suggestion, make space for your purchases as you WILL find lots and lots of beautiful things to buy in Turkey. Thank you Nelly and Road Runner Travel for your great service.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Several months ago we decided to use Road Runner Travel to organise our 14 day Turkey trip. This decision was based on TripAdvisor Reviews and their capacity to tailor our trip to our requirements. This meant that as well as doing the North and South Tours and the balloon trip in Cappadocia, we were also able to have an extra relaxing day just strolling around in this beautiful setting (and an extra night in our excellent cave hotel). From the outset Osman, our tour consultant, was amazingly helpful. Nothing was too hard and every query and change was handled efficiently and professionally. As mentioned in several other reviews, the organisation throughout our tour was extraordinary. There was always somebody there to pick us up or transfer us etc and the guides/ tours provided were great (always less than 10 people on the tours) . One senior moment when I left my heavy coat behind in a hotel was not a problem and my coat was waiting for me for no charge when I arrived back in Istanbul. Being based at The Empress Theodora Hotel close to their office and all major attractions in Istanbul was excellent. The office were also able to advise where to go etc to get an eye injury attended to successfully. Whilst we dealt with Osman and recommend him most highly to all would be travellers, our dealings with the office suggest that regardless of which consultant you are dealing with, you will get a similar level of service. We had a wonderful time in Turkey, and highly recommend this tour group to all fellow travellers.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I would like to recommend Elif (Tour Consultant – Road Runner Travel), because the way she planned our tour package I was really amazed, its not only because I saved too much money (Compare to the quotes which I received from different tour company) but also she managed to arrange the tour for Cappadocia & Pamoukkale in short notice.

Best thing about her is that she speak English, Turkish fluently and other languages , and deals with the clients as she is speaking with close friends and mainly giving deals as client wanted and she will give options on how to save money and I haven’t feel like am speaking with tour advisor at any point.

Anyway I enjoyed the trip and I was amazed to see she had really good sales & communication skills usually people think that beauty doesn’t had brain but she make you wrong because she is beauty with brain and kind & helping nature and excellent local knowledge.

And also while we are waiting for some conformation she draws one of the art/painting and given to us, anyway in future if I go turkey again then definitely ill use road runner.

Am not sure about other tour consultant in the road runner organisation because I haven’t dealt with them but I would definitely make recommendation to any of my friend who thinks about visiting turkey to speak with Elif from Road Runner Travel.

1  Thank Habeebulhaq
Arif P, Director of Sales at Road Runner Travel - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Habeeb thank you so much for sharing your experience! It was very nice to meet you, and I am glad that we could do all the possible to make you happy with your trip in Turkey. It is my duty to let people explore our beautiful Country as much as possible and we are very proud knowing that our customers remained satisfied with our services. We are always at your services whenever you plan to come to visit Turkey. Thank you for choosing Road Runner Travel!
Regards Elif…

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I wasn't sure where to put this review, as there is no place on tripadvisor to recommend tours -huge tours that went all over Turkey. Being an Aussie, our tour began with Gallipoli or "Gelibolu", which is what the Turks have been calling Gallipoli for 1000 years. So I thought I would put this tour guy here ...he was totally brilliant !!!! We went through Sakir (Sam) Yuksel at Road Runner, sakir@roadrunnertravel.net. We walked into his shop on a Tuesday in Istanbul and headed out for Gelibolu Thursday morning (Sakir must have made a million phone calls). The tour was a personal one to all the hot spots we wanted to go to, such as Gelibolu, Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cappadocia. EVERY single time we landed at a new town across the vast Turkish landscape, we were met and bundled off to our next destination. It was truelly amazing: buses, planes, boats, minibuses, tour guides, hotels, entry fees, meals --all fantastic! We made a lot of friends as often we spent a couple of days with other travellers doing the same leg or we had communal meals together or met up again four days later somewhere else in Turkey. (Three South African girls highly recommended an agency like ours that they booked with online called "Pomegranate"). I can not believe how smooth it went & how well people looked after us. We could not have done it on our own - would have taken months... The guides were all really well informed, the meals were incredible, wonderfully "Turkish", the hotels were spotless and quirky, the drivers were always on for a chat -albiet often in broken English as I have no Turkish. AND it was cheap -amazing value. I don't know how Sakir does it, I think he does bulk deals and has lots of rellies and networks. This was a truelly exceptional (almost impossible) experience, made possible -but only in Turkey. Thanks Sakir.

3  Thank edwina m