“Perfect organisation, perfect staff & perfect tour”

Road Runner Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #44 of 413 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Road Runner Travel is located in the heart of the historic Old City of Istanbul to serve regular and private tours for Istanbul, Cappadocia, Ephesus, Pamukkale, Gallipoli, Troy and also long package tours for all around Turkey.
Zagreb, Croatia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Perfect organisation, perfect staff & perfect tour”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

At Istanbul we booked with this agency tour for Goreme,Cappadocia.We went there with the bus (and it is a little heavy trip because of 12 hours driving).Everything was so good organised that I still can't believe that.We didn't have to wait any buses more than 3 min when we change buses.
In Goreme, team from Travellers Inside waited for us, gave us a schedule, drove us to our hotel and every morning or every day bus picked us from the hotel and drove us on our tour. And i have to tell that their staff are very kind and helpful.

We didn't have to think about anything. Our task was only to wake up,travellers did for us everything else. I recommend Road Runner travel agency.

Visited May 2012
7 Thank Kriss K

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fast, Efficient & They Delivered an AMAZING Custom Tour”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We wondered in to the office on the evening before we wanted to take a 6-day custom tour across Turkey. Osman was able to piece together a great tour including multiple flights, hotels and bus transfers on very short notice. A great and easy to follow itinerary, all travel vouchers, there was always somebody waiting for us with no hiccups and the price was right. We did Antalya, Olympus, Kabak Valley, Fethiye, Pammukale and his tour ended getting us to Cappadocia in time to meet friends. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2012
5 Thank MarkSteffens
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“DON'T BOOK TOURS IN ISTANBUL - WAIT UNTIL YOU REACH DESTINATION!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

My friend and I were only originally going to inquire about a bus ticket, and ended up being suckered into buying a whole package deal. Actually, it did save us a lot of time on planning and all, we realized how much easier and less expensive it would have been if we would have simply booked our accommodations and tours along the way.

Road Runner booked us into some terrible hotels, and ripped us off on a hot air balloon ride in Cappadocia we later found out.

All in all, travel agencies can set you up with some great package deals, but seriously, DON'T BOOK THEM IN ISTANBUL, AS THEY CHARGE HIGHER PREMIUMS THAN ANYWHERE ELSE IN TURKEY!!!

Visited March 2011
9 Thank Exploresummore
Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Road Runner Travel Agency Istanbul”
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Worst Experience Ever

My husband and I booked a dinner cruise with Road Runner Travel Agency, for the New Year. The dinner cruise was through MYSIA Company. It was a total RIP OFF!!! The food was HORRIBLE. The chicken had a strange consistency and the rice was inedible. I have asked myself numerous times since we went on that boat “how can you mess up rice so badly that it’s inedible?” and as of today I still don’t know! The boat was over-packed. It was so packed that once you were sitting down at your table, you could not move anymore, and forget about getting up without having the entire table get up too. The staff managed to sit 10-12 people at a table that can’t accommodate more than 8 people! You get the picture. The service was horrible. We had to ask 4 times to get our drinks. We were told that the view from the boat would be great. We could not see a thing through our window because of all the condensation on the windows. This was an AWFUL experience, thanks to Road Runner Travel Agency!

By the way in Istanbul most travel agencies are not very helpful, all they want is that you buy something from them, if you just go and ask for information, most likely they will not show any interest to answer your questions unless you buy a tour. On the positive side for the Road runner travel agency, they did help us answering our questions and that is the reason why we bought that horrible dinner cruise with them.

8 Thank Slinky21
Arif P, Owner at Road Runner Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Slinky21,

I am very very sorry for your new year dinner cruise, I wish you have come back to my office next day I would definitely refund you the money you paid for the dinner cruise. Please remember that you have came our office several times just for help and every time I did my best for you and also when you came to our office on new years eve to book a new year night, I told you to not go dinner cruise I didn't recommend you dinner cruise I have told you it would be very busy and you won't enjoy it, I have find you available place in one of the very good restaurant for the new year party but you didn't want it. On the other hand as you have mention it wasn't road runner travel organization it was organize by Mysia travel I was there to just help you not to earn anything. To be honest I didn't deserve this review. Again I am very very sorry.