“Gate 1 Travel Tour in Turkey”

Turkey Tours by Local Guides
Ranked #67 of 413 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Turkey Tours by Local Guides is a company run by licensed tour guides providing private Istanbul tours, shore excursions, day trips to Ephesus, Cappadocia, Bursa, Iznik, Edirne, and many more places in Turkey. Provided by Fast Book Travel License no: A-6202
Reston, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gate 1 Travel Tour in Turkey”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We just had the vacation of a lifetime during our recent trip to Turkey. This was all possible thanks to the excellent service of Gate 1 Travel and its excellent staff. Our tour guide was the best!!! Thanks Gate 1!!!!

3 Thank Wilfredo C

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A highlight of our Turkish Adventure”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

A guide was referred to me, upon connecting with him, I found out he was unavailable. My friend researched 'Trip Advisor' and came upon "Turkey Tours by Local Guides.' "Why don't you give them a try?" I was asked, since they had such a great rating. I contacted Ozkan, he said he was available and told me what we should see, I hired him on the spot. At 8:45 we were greeted at our hotel by Abdil, Ozkan's brother and so began a truly remarkable, memorable day. Abdil was warm, opinionated, well educated and a tremendous communicator. He planned our day nicely and at each destination, we had tickets waiting for us, so we didn't have any downtime and he gave us an informative overview of what we were about to experience. We asked him to take us to a local restaurant with great Turkish food which he did and to be certain we ate traditional fare, we had him order for us-delicious it was. To experience another Turkish delight, we had him take us for Turkish coffee which was also enjoyed. Our tour ended there but the day was filled with many of the sites in the Sultanhamet area that were accessible by foot from our hotel. Abdil, was truly a remarkable tour guide. I am letting my friends know about him and will hire him next time I go.

3 Thank Marconme
Istanbul
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic informative tour of Istanbul with Constantinopleguide”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We visited Istanbul in August this year and booked a private tour with Constantinopleguide.com. We spent 4 days and enjoyed very much. Our guide, from Constantinopleguide was awesome. He was full of information, flexible, enthusiastic. In the morning we visited Basilica Cistern, Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, The Roman Hippodrome and the Spice Bazaar. We loved Istanbul and were grateful to our Constantinopleguide for really helping us to experience so much of this amazing city in the very short time that we were there. If you want history, architecture, special cuisine, culture, beauty you should gaze on Istanbul and do book a tour with Constantinopleguide.com!

Visited April 2012
4 Thank Trinidad T
Dallas, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Ozkan Bicer - Excellent Guide”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I always get a guide on my journeys - so much better to have knowledgable people show you their city. I have had many good guides over the years. Ozkan was another lucky find. Its not just about seeing the main attractions. Its about having someone who understands what you want to see, and how you want to experience the sights. Ozkan spent as much time as we wanted, but also knew when to move on before we suffered from museum fatigue. He ran interference for everything and had our tickets in advance and ready go, allowing us to bypass the crowds. His knowledge was extensive, his English exceptional, his patience admirable, and his driving was perfect. I particularly enjoyed his honest answers to our questions. He is Muslim, and I was very happy to have the opportunity to find out more about this important faith and his opinions on world politics. Spending a day with Ozkan gave us a wonderful opportunity to be immersed in Istanbul and enjoy its sights, Mosques, and people. He took us all over the city, not just the Sultanahmet area. We ate at a very good outdoor cafe for lunch (casual at our request), and he took us for coffee later in the day at a great spot with a spectacular view. All in all, it was an excellent day with a really nice and comfortable guide. It is well worth the money to have his expertise and company for the day. If I am someday able to return to Turkey I would contact him again for additional guide assistance.

5 Thank reichen10
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Needs six stars. Maybe seven.”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Outstanding service. Speaks better English than I do. Arranged schedule to visit the Bazaar before the crowds. Driver took the children (and Mom) back to the boat while the rest of the group visited the cultural sights. Would really like to go back and spend more time in his company.

Visited July 2012