“Close to Airport and Shopping Mall”

Han Hostel Airport North
Ranked #124 of 1,249 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is actually an OK place to stay. Getting there from there airport is very fast by taxi.
Once you get there, there is a major shopping center 5 minutes walking distance where you can get everything (there is even a grocery store).

The room itself was clean. NO bedbugs which is a priority. However, it was small and for the price, I guess you can do better if you are staying in downtown Istanbul.

Its a good hotel if you are looking for something clean and easy. I did not stay in Instanbul nor will I visit the downtown area. But when transiting, i wil stay here.

Oh: the staff does not smile much but Turkey is like that.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
AhmetYILMAZ1980, Front Office Manager at Han Hostel Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for spending time on writing a review about Han Hostel service. As a registered hostel ( not hotel), yes we do have small rooms but we make it our priority to make them comfortable and along with the whole hotel, as clean as any grade hotel.
Regarding your comment on price, we believe our prices were and still are better value and more competitive than many hotels further from the airport.
We look forward to you staying with us again when you are in transit.
Meanwhile we are practising smiling!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed here on two occasions - 19 Dec 2012 and 3 Jan 2013. The hotel is fairly close to the airport though neither driver knew the way from the airport resulting in fluctuating taxi prices (10 - 15TL). I arrived late on my first occasion and was escorted to my room by a porter. I was impressed with the lobby of the hotel - very luxurious for what is also a hostel and extremely clean throughout. The single room was small and basic but very clean, had a tv (which I didn't use), a small wardrobe, a desk, two chairs and a ceiling fan (no air conditioning). Wifi is free, which I found very useful. I had an early flight next day and would have missed breakfast but reception arranged for me to have a filled roll and can of juice to take away with me. They also phoned for a taxi for me. On my second stay at the hotel in January, I arrived earlier (around 7pm). This time I was not shown to my room, had to take my own bags and wasn't even shown where the lift was or how to get to my room! I'm not sure if this was because they knew I'd stayed here a fortnight earlier however I found this to be pretty poor service nonetheless. Later that night I went to the restaurant in the basement area to be served by two Turks who didn't know a word of English - very strange for a hotel! Next morning I went down for breakfast, which is included in the price, and fortunately the lady who spoke fluent English on reception the previous evening was in the restaurant. Breakfast is a typical Turkish buffet style and good if you like this kind of thing. Overall, I found the rooms to be uncomfortably warm with the ceiling fan doing little good so I had to open the window. The bed was very comfortable and I was impressed with little things such as a hairdryer and shower gel and shampoo which I didn't expect at a hostel. Don't let the word "hostel" put you off however as my room was en-suite, not expensive and suitable for an overnight stay not too far from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Arrived late and left very early, so can't say too much about this hotel. Seemed that not that much in this area around the hotel. Single room didn't have a/c, and no place to buy water or anything after the restaurant closes. Reception called a taxi for me at early hours, so I can consider then helpful. Taxi to airport was something like 5-6 euros.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Piia P
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I liked the hoStel Han definitely. Super close to airport. just 12 TL with taxi, so it's 6 USD.
For those who has layovers, just get the cheapest bunk bed in separate room and you will be happy. They have some TV Sat Channels also. Breakfast was just OK, but decent. It's complimentary.

SHOPPING: 4 minites down the road is shopping OUTLET mall with good prices to get great brands!

so far just positive things about this hoStel ;)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank travel_channeLT
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Han hostel is located only 5-10 minutes from Ataturk International airport (11-12TL for the taxi). The rooms are tiny but were clean and comfortable and more than adequate if you just want somewhere to sleep before your flight. The staff were very friendly, the cafeteria served basic food but very reasonably priced (hamburger and chips 8tl, pizza 12tl). They have a gym and also a laundry. Breakfast was the regular Turkish fare- a boiled egg, white cheese, sliced meat, olives, cucumber, tomato, bread and spreads. It was not large but we asked for another helping of bread and were more than satisfied. Front desk happily called a taxi the morning of our flight which took only a few minutes to arrive. A large shopping centre outlet was just a few minutes walk down the road. Not a place to stay to see the sights of Istanbul but certainly convenient for a brief stay before a flight.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jagalea
ahmet y, Front Office Manager at Han Hostel Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Han Hostel Airport North offers economic, neat, clean rooms close to Atatürk Airport, exhibition centers, business districts, and the Istanbul motorways. The completely refurbished building ( October 2010) is a high value accommodation offering excellent 24 hour service for short, long, business or leisure stays, with free Wi-Fi in all areas. All rooms have central heating, fans, LCD TV, free W-Fi, comfortable beds, WC and shower with towels, hairdryer, soap and shampoo. Each floor has comfortable TV common rooms with fridge. Han Restaurant serves high quality breakfast, lunch and dinner meals at reasonable prices. A fitness room, laundry facilities, free wake-up calls, early breakfast bags are available.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

No complaints at all.

Comfortable, immaculate rooms, flat screen tv, gym, very quiet.

Really comfortable bed.

Friendly chef in restaurant. Huge portions.

Bath room looks brand new. Good shower, towels folded and stacked.

The decor is modern with lots of art works and unusual gems rocks. I like the way they put lights behind them.

Warm and cosy feel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alan S
AhmetYILMAZ1980, Front Office Manager at Han Hostel Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your review and comments. We do appreciate your positive comments on all the priorities we aim to meet for travellers; comfort, cleanliness, service, price value and convenience for airport access.
Wishing you happy travels!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed here twice, both times because of its proximity to the Atatürk Airport. Hostel is nice and rooms are clean and comfortable, staff friendly. There is a shopping mall a few minutes walk away for some last minute shopping. I do agree with one of the previous reviewers, that it is not that good location for sightseeing, it takes approx. one hour by public transport/taxi to get to the city centre.

Would definetly stay again and I recommend it to the other travellers that need a great option for tha early/late flights.

Room Tip: Pick a room in higher floors.