“Excellent boutique hotel at the centre of the Old City in Istanbul” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Biz Cevahir Hotel

Biz Cevahir Hotel
Ranked #140 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Auckland
“Excellent boutique hotel at the centre of the Old City in Istanbul”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

During our stay in Istanbul we stayed at 3 hotels, out of the three I would rate this particulary highly. The rooms are beautifully sumptuously decorated, yet very comfortable. I quite enjoyed the range and quality of the lovely bathroom products on offer. Staff were all very helpful and nice (especially Ahmet at reception - top guy!), no request was ever too much. The breakfast was very nice with a good selection of quality produce in a very swish and modern dining room. The hotel is on one of the quieter streets behind a semi-pedestrian street full of restaurants and right near the Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern and Aya Sofia (also, if you take the shared shuttles to the airport you'll be the last one to be picked up so don't have to go through the whole of the Old City to pick up other guests!) The only downside to my stay was that we had room 102, which is right behind reception on the street level (it was nice that we had a lovely view to the street though), which was noisy at times due to 1) noisy guests at reception 2) noisy cars/motorbikes on the road outside - I imagine the rooms on the higher floors would be much quieter. Although the room was well insulated against noise, it didn't quite block out these noises, otherwise I think I would have rated my stay with 5/5.

Room Tip: As for rooms on higher floors as those on ground level may be noisy .
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ConkhiAuckland
BizCevahirHotel, Manager at Biz Cevahir Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Guest;

Thank you for sharing your comments and pointing out the problems you had in the Hotel. We appreciated to your positive feedback about us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We hope to have a chance to welcome you here again.

Berfu TATLIAGIZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed for a week in October 2012 and were very pleased with all this Hotel had to offer. A series of emails prior to our arrival were welcoming. My emails with questions were answered promptly and professionally. An early arrival was no problem, we were met with warmth and a cup of Turkish coffee. Desk staff were most informative, talking to me by name with every encounter. Personalized advice given on every encounter.as well. The bell man had the world's biggest smile as he patiently taught me Turkish phrases. The breakfast staff were warm and attentive, the buffet was kept immaculate. This is a hard working staff and I appreciated the effort they put forth. The location was great for the first time tourist, nearby trams offered easy transportation . Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AireBob983
Dear AireBob;

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. As a team we are very happy to read your positive response about us and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've stayed at Biz Cevahir hotel for a week. The moment I made a reservation, I receive an email which included information about the hotel and I think it shows their professionality. I really appreaciate it. The first time entered to the hotel, the staff welcomed me with such welcoming and warm faces. The reception informed us about the city in general. The location of the hotel is in the middle of the places that -must be seen- in Istanbul. The rooms contain more than enough equipment also they were decoreted with great taste and were very clean. Also, me and my family enjoyed the fresh fruit that was being served with the breakfast. If I ever visit this impressive city again, I know exactly where to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BizCevahirHotel, Manager at Biz Cevahir Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Darren F.;

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciated to your positive feedback about us.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I spent five nights at Biz Cevahir Otel this week, 7 – 12/10/2012, and enjoyed our stay.
Sultanahmet was lovely and the Hotel is ideally located very close to the Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace , Blue Mosque and to the tram just to mention a few, all the above were only a 5 min walk from the hotel. The shops nearby were great in particular the Grand Bazaar.
The rooms of this boutique hotel were well furnished with all required amenities, very clean and with a remarkable staff and manager always with a smile on their faces, very helpful and friendly.

Thank you Biz Cevashir for a wonderful stay.

Stavros Sapountzoglou

Dear Stavros Sapountzoglou;

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was the third time that I selected Biz Cevahir Otel for my stay in Istanbul, and I hope, not the last. This boutique hotel, appart from its location which is very good, as all the historical monuments are very close, offers excellent service from all points of view. The staff is exceptionally proffesional and very friendly with their clients, always ready to give their assistance, whenever is needed. The rooms are very beautiful and clean.
My congratulation to Berfu for her managerial talent, and my thanks to the entire team for their efforts to keep us happy during our five nights stay in Biz Cevahir.

Room Tip: Room 133 has outstanding view.
Dear Dim. Setian;

Thank you very much for your great compliments about us again.

We all looking forward to welcoming you again in your next visit to Istanbul.

Warm Regards,
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in this boutique hotel in Sultanahmet. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The room is clean. The location is fantastic as it is within walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia and Topkapi Palace, which are the must-sees for first time visitors.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BizCevahirHotel, Manager at Biz Cevahir Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Angela C.;

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. As a team we are very happy to read your positive response about us. We all try to do our best to make your stay memorable one at the Biz Cevahir Hotel.

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent 5 nights at the Biz Cevahir which is located just a short 2 minute walk from the Blue Mosque. We found the staff to be very helpful and knowledgeable of the best situations for doing many of the usual tourist things that we were interested in. For example, they arranged for a Bosporus cruise on an uncrowded boat a a reasonable price. The hotel is one block away from a street full of cafes including one of the best in Istanbul. Literally a 2 minute walk. Since the Blue Mosque and other attractions are crammed full of tourists during the day, it was nice to walk up there in the evening and just hang out while it was not quite so crowded. The new section of town is a tram ride away. If I return to Istanbul, I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank paradoxcapt
BizCevahirHotel, Manager at Biz Cevahir Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest;