We enjoyed our stay at the Biz Cevahir. We were on the top floor in a room with a terrace which had a great view of the Bosphorus and the Blue Mosque. It was a great place to relax at the end of the day and enjoy the sounds of the city with a great view and a drink. The room wasn't that big, but that is to be expected in this part of the city from what I understand. It had a modern decor and our room along with the whole hotel was very clean.
The location is perfect, steps to all the attractions. We were staying in the heat of July and it was great to be able to have the hotel so nearby as we were sightseeing (you will have to venture a bit further to get less touristy restaurants for dinner).
There are a few small issues that prevent me from giving this place a perfect rating:
- While the front desk clerk was friendly, his English could use some work and we didn't get many recommendations or tips. While this isn't a requirement at all hotels, this hotel is in a tourist zone and almost exclusively services international guests.
- We got some laundry done while we were there and were charged $75. Seems pretty steep considering all their other pricing and would have been nice to be warned how expensive it was going to be.
- We tried to grab a snack from room service twice in the early evening and it was never available (I'm not saying room service is needed for 5 star rating, but found it annoying that they advertised it, but didn't actually have it when we wanted it)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Istanbul’s Sultanahmet district, this small hotel is a 4-minute walk from Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque. It offers guestrooms with free Wi-Fi and air conditioning. Set in a renovated Ottoman building, the rooms at Biz Cevahir Hotel Sultanahmet are non-smoking. They include elegant furnishings, and come equipped with a flat-screen TV and an iPod docking station. Fresh apples are also provided every day. Hotel cafe offers complimentary breakfast buffet that includes an extensive variety of both Western and Turkish dishes. Turkish tea is served to our guests free of charge throughout the day. Staff at the Biz Cevahir Hotel can help plan visits and excursions, book a tour or rent a car. They can also provide an airport shuttle service upon request, from either Ataturk or Sabiha Gokcen airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Biz Cevahir Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.