“mixed impression”

Ranked #154 of 13,822 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: It resembles a Greek tavern restaurant by the Aegean sea with its white and blue coloured decoration and frescoes on the ceiling. It is located in a cobbled stoned street in Sultanahmet ( oldtown) and offers more than 30 different traditional cold appetizers, hot appetizers and special home made mezes with very fresh seafoods.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We visited Kayikci on a recomendation of fellow travellers who had really enjoyed their visit. The outlook of the restaurant and friendliness of the staff were good, as was my husband's meal. Maybe I ordered the wrong dish, but my meal was so salty as to be almost inedible. My husband ordered a chicken dish and enjoyed it. I ordered a beef kebab on aubergine puree, but couldn't finish it due to the amount of salt in the beef. I should have commented at the time but didn't. One of the reasons that we visited was that Kayikci was number 9 on trip advisor, but I have noticed that their position has been gradually slipping and is now 16. Is their a problem with the kitchen?

3  Thank JandJCanberra
There are newer reviews for Kayikci Restaurant

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wonderful location --- we might not have found it if we hadn't made a reservation at Kayikci in advance. The food was typical of the region, but with more seafood choices. The best feature was the our cute and attentive waiters!

1  Thank K_and_J_Boston
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is an amazing restaurant in an awesome location! I love it <3 I'm speechless about it's food! when 1 of u guys go there can u bring a pic of Antonio he is a waiter and really hot! Please do!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Most restaurants and shops in Istanbul have someone stationed out front to try and drag you in.
The good ones don’t need to.
This restaurant is in a fantastic location and serves delightful food.
The house wine is very reasonable and quite superb.
We eat a range of starters, fish and meat dishes and everything was spot on.

You won’t be disappointed

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

This is a very good Restaraunt with an extensive and well thought out menu. I noticed the previous reviewer had some criticisms which amounted to a dislike of Turkish food in general.
It was still warm enough to eat outside in October but when a chill wind blew up the Restaraunt provided a blanket to drape over the shoulders. Now that's what i call service. And oh yes the food was very good.