“Delicious food”

Ranked #5,702 of 13,980 Restaurants in Istanbul
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Cosy atmosphere with good music and friendly guys serving the food. Very affordable and tasty food. Very lovely restoration with warm hospitality

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Safak Restaurant was just around the corner from the Amira Hotel and ironically we found ourselves eating closer to the hotel each night (normally as time marches on we become a little more adventurous). Because in Istanbul we were finding that the range of menu options was pretty much the same all over town, Karakoy, Sirkeci, Dolambahce and Sultanahmet.

Safak had a good range of options and the staff were always friendly every time we walked past so we settled in on our last night in istanbul for a tasty lamb casserole washed down with Efes and the local red. I think that we even enjoyed a dessert (which was still a little frozen) just to cap the evening off.

Food quality was great, the service was good and bed was just around the corner!

A Great night!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had dinner there our first night and were very pleased. Food was delicious and service was great as well.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Food was pretty good and meza selection better than average. It is for tourists, though.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

On October 5th 2011 I arrived in Istanbul late in the evening. Was staying at Sarnic Premier Hotel and as it was my first visit to the city and as I was tired I headed for the nearest neighbourhood restaurant, the SAFAK (Sunrise Hotel). I ordered a main course, a water and a "jar" of red wine. Strangely, there was no price on the menu for the "jar" of wine, but stupidly I ordered it anyway, not thinking that carafe wine would be at all costly. When I received the bill at end of the meal, I was shocked to discover that I was charged TL40 (about EUR 16) for the carafe, not at all in keeping with the restaurant's very humble and simple fare. As I was unsure of the exchange rate that first evening, I did not make a fuss then, but returned the following morning to question the elevated bill. My complaint was met with feeble and unacceptable excuses. I had made the mistake of ordering something with no price marked, they had their money, so they were not interested in further dialogue.
Being a seasoned traveller, I am used to the odd tourist swindle. However, there comes a point when one becomes tired and fed up of being treated as tourist prey. DO NOT GO TO THIS EATERY. The management is dishonest and do not deserve our patronage. There are many more great restaurants in this wonderful city.
JPH